As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:45:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 314343 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2400 on: September 06, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »

I got some major clarification today at lunch as to where Layton fit into all this.  I will be starting the position at a remote location in Layton, but then move into a permanent location in Sandy by December 1.  The offer letter said Sandy because that's where the position will end up and they want me to plan my living arrangements around Sandy or Salt Lake, instead of Layton or Ogden.  So, as a result, I may be staying in this hotel until possibly middle November so I can be closer to work as much as possible.

So there were 2 job offers for Layton?

I've only had 1 job offer that was located in Sandy, but will be starting off remotely in Layton.  That's where Layton fits in to this whole equation.

When the forum pointed out there was no Aetna office in Layton, you said there was another job offer there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2401 on: September 06, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »

How can his parents afford that? $2,000 for 2 months? I don't think they are particularly wealthy in the first place.

Maybe they're financing things the way the US government does?

Maybe. I've always wondered how they manage to pay for all of his expenses while he has been out of work, like the house and the car, etc.. Maybe they are just driving into deep debt. He could rent an apartment month by month for much cheaper than staying in a hotel. I think the whole hotel thing is silly anyway. He needs to work on establishing himself there, not being a visitor until he think he will get fired.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2402 on: September 06, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »

I'd figure there would at least have to be a room he could rent, or something to that effect.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2403 on: September 06, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »

How can his parents afford that? $2,000 for 2 months? I don't think they are particularly wealthy in the first place.

Maybe they're financing things the way the US government does?

Maybe. I've always wondered how they manage to pay for all of his expenses while he has been out of work, like the house and the car, etc.. Maybe they are just driving into deep debt. He could rent an apartment month by month for much cheaper than staying in a hotel. I think the whole hotel thing is silly anyway. He needs to work on establishing himself there, not being a visitor until he think he will get fired.
In the Middle School years of Saved by the Bell, the kids went to school in Indianapolis, IN and Zach once made a fleeting reference to a sister. In the high school years Zach, Lisa and Screech were magically transported to California, with the same principal no less, and Zach is an only child. Sometimes you just have to suspend disbelief and enjoy a show.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2404 on: September 06, 2012, 03:38:24 PM »

Good Thursday Afternoon!  I have had a great day! I took my drug test in Salt Lake earlier this morning and have just been running a few errands since.  I will go in and sign new hire paperwork on Monday, and then will officially start Wednesday.  My hours will be 9:00-5:30 Monday-Friday, again, starting Wednesday, September 12, 2012.  I’m going to pretty much relax the remainder of the evening as I have used too much gas today.  Going to Salt Lake is 75 miles round trip.  I just filled up Tuesday after I got here, now I’m already down to a half tank with 2 trips to Salt Lake and a trip to North Ogden yesterday.  I shouldn’t have to make too many more trips to Salt Lake for a while, and I should be able to stay in Ogden or in Layton for work.  Occasionally, I will need to go down to Salt Lake, but hopefully not too often.  Now, when the job transfers to Sandy, I will get an apartment in Salt Lake, Sandy, or Midvale so I can be closer to work.  For now, though, it is prudent for me to stay in this extended stay until November so I can be closer to work and then move just before the job moves on December 1.  This will mean I only have to drive a long distance to work for 2-3 weeks in late November with Thanksgiving taking some time out of it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2405 on: September 06, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »

I am eating lunch with jamespol tomorrow at 11:30 am.  He's coming up to Ogden and we'll spend probably an hour together.  I can't spend too long, because I have other errands to run and I need to find the church I plan to attend on Sunday.  I am Southern Baptist by denomination and, of course, Utah is majority Mormon.  I do not see Southern Baptist Churches on every corner in Utah that I do in Oklahoma.  I have found one, though, in Salt Lake that I'm going to try to find tomorrow afternoon.  I want to go to church in Salt Lake because I will eventually be living and working in Salt Lake, so I need to start focusing my long term plans in Salt Lake as opposed to Ogden.  Sunday School is at 9:45 and Morning Worship is at 11:00.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2406 on: September 07, 2012, 02:27:16 AM »

So, what about the other Layton job offer?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2407 on: September 07, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2012, 08:42:46 AM by Obama lean Bushie »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

Inks, I declined the offer because after further investigation it was an old Oklahoma City nemesis - Kirby.  I ran as far and as fast as I could...  I am NOT falling back into that trap again!!  Thankfully, with the guarantee with Aetna, so Kirby wasn't even a temptation this time!  I laughed all the way back to Ogden (15 miles).
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2408 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »

Perhaps you should try and focus on working in Ogden and making a good impression, and not put too much focus on Salt Lake.

That's what I did. I got the job in PA, and worked hard, proved myself, and after 9 months got the offer to come play with the big boys down here in Houston.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2409 on: September 07, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »

I just had dinner and am visiting with one of the forum's all time greatest trolls - jamespol.  A very nice fellow indeed.  He says to tell everyone hi.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2410 on: September 07, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »

I'm enjoying a nice football game between the Utah Utes and the Utah State Aggies.  13-0 Aggies almost halftime.  I'm just going to relax the rest of the evening, do laundry after the game, and then just watch football tomorrow and Sunday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2411 on: September 08, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »

I've got 14 straight hours of college football today - a quadruple header from 10:00 am until midnight.  Then, tomorrow, I've got 10 1/2 straight hours of football.  I'm going to live it up, football style this weekend!

The Utah vs. Utah State game from last night was an excellent matchup.  The Aggies won 27-20 in Overtime.  Special teams were a problem for both sides the entire evening.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2412 on: September 08, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »

I'm watching a great day of college football.  Tomorrow is, of course, NFL Football.  Monday, I go in to work and sign my new hire paperwork and then will have the rest of the day and Tuesday off before I actually start on Wednesday.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2413 on: September 08, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »

This is officially the new PA-13
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2414 on: September 08, 2012, 07:41:53 PM »

Yes, sir!!  Welcome back!  Haven't seen you in a while!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2415 on: September 09, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

Inks, I declined the offer because after further investigation it was an old Oklahoma City nemesis - Kirby.  I ran as far and as fast as I could...  I am NOT falling back into that trap again!!  Thankfully, with the guarantee with Aetna, so Kirby wasn't even a temptation this time!  I laughed all the way back to Ogden (15 miles).

So at what point did you start applying for jobs out in Layton, Utah?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2416 on: September 09, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

Inks, I declined the offer because after further investigation it was an old Oklahoma City nemesis - Kirby.  I ran as far and as fast as I could...  I am NOT falling back into that trap again!!  Thankfully, with the guarantee with Aetna, so Kirby wasn't even a temptation this time!  I laughed all the way back to Ogden (15 miles).

So at what point did you start applying for jobs out in Layton, Utah?

This was during and even before Xerox was still on the table.  In fact, as soon as the pay started turning sour in July at Xerox, I started looking in the Salt Lake Valley.  The reason why Salt Lake Valley, not anywhere else was because I have a friend here and it's far enough from home that I can't run home every weekend, but is a fairly short plane ride away from Oklahoma City.  I looked all over the Valley from Ogden to Layton to (mostly) Salt Lake City.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2417 on: September 09, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »

Changing the subject just a bit, but I have 3 weeks left in my challenge issued by Mikado.  I have just 3 pounds to lose from reaching the goal in that challenge.  Despite all the moving, I'm still losing weight!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2418 on: September 09, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »

I stand corrected. Perhaps you are bathed in prayer. Jmf has been praying for you regardless of the fact he's banned. Godspeed Bushie, Godspeed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2419 on: September 09, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »

I stand corrected. Perhaps you are bathed in prayer. Jmf has been praying for you regardless of the fact he's banned. Godspeed Bushie, Godspeed.

Thanks, Simfan!

I go in tomorrow to sign my new hire paperwork and get official reporting instructions from 9:00-11:00 am.  I will have the rest of the day tomorrow and all day Tuesday free before I start work 9:00-5:30 on Wednesday.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2420 on: September 09, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »

Have you considered pursuing education as a career? Your spirit and your organization in the reporting makes me think you ought to...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2421 on: September 09, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »

Have you considered pursuing education as a career? Your spirit and your organization in the reporting makes me think you ought to...

I have not considered education as a career.  That is an interesting idea.  I do believe I would be good at it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2422 on: September 09, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »

I have not considered education as a career.  That is an interesting idea.  I do believe I would be good at it.

Yes, if there's one thing you excel at, it's learning things!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2423 on: September 10, 2012, 01:21:30 AM »

Read through each of your threads again, focusing only on the posts in which people make fun of you.  Now amplify that by a factor of about 25, and that's what putting you at the front of a classroom would be like.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2424 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:03 AM »

Read through each of your threads again, focusing only on the posts in which people make fun of you.  Now amplify that by a factor of about 25, and that's what putting you at the front of a classroom would be like.

Don't you think it's too complicated task for our friend Bushie?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies