As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:58:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313573 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2525 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »

Wait, wait, how the hell are you switching your vehicle registration, drivers license, voter registration, and car insurance all over to Utah when you don't even have a permanent address in the state yet? And even if Utah law for some reason allows you to do all those things by giving them your hotel address and room number or whatev, why would you go through the time (and money) to change all those things now when you'll have to update them in a couple of weeks anyway when you find an apartment?

Probably because he wanted to "feel" like a proper Utah resident. Bushie seems to place a lot of value on meaningless stuff like that.

I've already answered that question 10 times, so I'm not going to answer it again.

Voting? Why go through all the trouble when you could just as easily cast an absentee ballot in Oklahoma?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2526 on: September 19, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »

Wait, wait, how the hell are you switching your vehicle registration, drivers license, voter registration, and car insurance all over to Utah when you don't even have a permanent address in the state yet? And even if Utah law for some reason allows you to do all those things by giving them your hotel address and room number or whatev, why would you go through the time (and money) to change all those things now when you'll have to update them in a couple of weeks anyway when you find an apartment?

Probably because he wanted to "feel" like a proper Utah resident. Bushie seems to place a lot of value on meaningless stuff like that.

I've already answered that question 10 times, so I'm not going to answer it again.

Voting? Why go through all the trouble when you could just as easily cast an absentee ballot in Oklahoma?

Because Obama needs his vote in Utah more than in Oklahoma.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2527 on: September 19, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »

Wait, really?  Because I haven't seen that.  How do you have a permanent address?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2528 on: September 19, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »

Wait, really?  Because I haven't seen that.  How do you have a permanent address?

The question was answered with the response that I could exercise my privilege to vote.  However, at lunch today, I found out I may be able to get into the apartment either September 29, October 6 or October 13, all Saturday's, because my application has been approved and they are just waiting to get the furniture in the room (it is a brand new building just completed construction and a furnished studio apartment).  The way I interpret Utah voting law, I have until 15 days before the election to register to vote.  With the election on November 6, this would mean i have to be registered by Monday, October 22, 2012.  I should find out tomorrow exactly what Saturday I can sign the lease and move in.  I'm thinking if it's on or before October 13, I can wait until then to get my driver's license changed and thus register to vote.  I'll just have to go online and change my address for the car tags and registration.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2529 on: September 19, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »

Oh, I meant to the first question.  What address could you have possibly used if you don't know where you're living yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2530 on: September 19, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »

Oh, I meant to the first question.  What address could you have possibly used if you don't know where you're living yet?

I would have used the extended stay address.  The post office recognizes it as a legitimate address and they have people who have been over 2 years.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2531 on: September 19, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »

I would have used the extended stay address.  The post office recognizes it as a legitimate address and they have people who have been over 2 years.

But what address?  Your hotel?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2532 on: September 19, 2012, 10:21:24 PM »

I don't understand why the hesitation to take the jump. It's like BushKE has one foot in and one foot in OK, and that's honestly the worst way to live a life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2533 on: September 19, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »

Yes, the hotel address with my room number.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2534 on: September 19, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »

I don't understand why the hesitation to take the jump. It's like BushKE has one foot in and one foot in OK, and that's honestly the worst way to live a life.

I'm about to take the second foot out of Oklahoma.  I'm getting into an apartment more than a month sooner than I had planned.  My hand is being forced into that, really, because my office location is moving to Salt Lake City 6 weeks earlier than originally thought.  October 15 instead of December 1.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2535 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »

I'm about to take the second foot out of Oklahoma.  I'm getting into an apartment more than a month sooner than I had planned.  My hand is being forced into that, really, because my office location is moving to Salt Lake City 6 weeks earlier than originally thought.  October 15 instead of December 1.

And because you need to do it if you're seriously about staying in Utah. You won't truly be able to adapt or feel comfortable living out of an extended stay hotel. You'll just feel like a visitor.

Embrace Utah! Be on with their people! And you'll be fine.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2536 on: September 20, 2012, 12:12:41 AM »

And for how long do you think you'll be living at the hotel?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2537 on: September 20, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »

So wait.. wont you just have to go BACK to the DMV or whatever to get your info changed from a hotel to the apartment?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2538 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »

So wait.. wont you just have to go BACK to the DMV or whatever to get your info changed from a hotel to the apartment?

Yes ^^^ which is why this is so silly. I wish BushKE would just commit to Utah fully, find a permanent place to live and go all in. Otherwise, he will have one foot in OK and one in UT and end up letting it affect his work which will ultimately lead to getting fired. No one wants to see that.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2539 on: September 20, 2012, 09:52:37 AM »

Yes ^^^ which is why this is so silly. I wish BushKE would just commit to Utah fully, find a permanent place to live and go all in. Otherwise, he will have one foot in OK and one in UT and end up letting it affect his work which will ultimately lead to getting fired. No one wants to see that.

I agree, but at the same time he also has his THIRD foot in Kenya. I don't think a man with three feet will have an easy time commiting to staying in Utah.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2540 on: September 20, 2012, 10:06:49 AM »

And for how long do you think you'll be living at the hotel?

If you haven't been paying attention, I plan on being in the hotel another week or two at the most.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2541 on: September 20, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »

I should be able to change it online.  We'll see, though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2542 on: September 20, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »

Is one possibly two weeks not soon enough for you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2543 on: September 20, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »

Is one possibly two weeks not soon enough for you?

Two weeks is soon enough.. Tongue

I just hope you stick to it and not make excuses. I'm sure you're not all that comfortable living out of an extended stay hotel.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2544 on: September 20, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »

Good Thursday Evening! Another really good day at work. One more day before the weekend! This will be my final weekend in the extended stay hotel. I will be signing the lease on an apartment in Midvale, UT (Salt Lake City suburb) next Saturday, September 29, 2012 and will be signing out of this extended stay at that time! Other good news is my mother will be flying up here on Saturday, October 6, 2012 to help me get situated! That weekend is her 60th birthday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2545 on: September 21, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »

Good Friday Evening! The weekend has arrived.  This is my final weekend in the Extended Stay hotel before I move into my new apartment next Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 11:00 am.  That’s when I sign the lease and move in.  I will be moving out of the extended stay earlier that morning, probably leaving Ogden by 9:45.  I’ll probably load the car on Friday night.  Tomorrow, I am going to the apartment and putting down the deposit to secure the apartment.  I’m just getting a furnished studio apartment.  What’s extremely nice is all the utilities are paid and I get free cable through Comcast!  I believe it’s only the basic standard definition cable, but I am free to upgrade the cable if I so desire.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2546 on: September 24, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »

A little update on work.  Things are going tremendously well right now!  I'm still in training for another 3 weeks, through October 12, but things are going very well.  As I've mentioned, I've only got 4 days left in this extended stay hotel before I sign the lease on the apartment in Midvale at 11:00 am Saturday.  Tomorrow night, I will finish the laundry; Wednesday night, I'll start packing; Thursday night is Cleveland Browns vs. Baltimore Ravens so nothing there; Friday night, I'll load the car and Saturday morning, I'll get up early, get the money order, and head to the apartment.  I'll likely have to make two trips up and down, so I may not check out of the hotel officially until Sunday, though I will sleep in the apartment Saturday night.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2547 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »

Tomorrow is moving day.  I'll be signing the lease to the apartment in the SLC suburb of Midvale tomorrow at 11:00 am, although I won't officially turn in the keys to the hotel until Sunday.  Tomorrow, I plan to wake up around 7:30, go get the money order at 9:00, retrieve my mail from the week from the hotel at 10:00, and heading down to Midvale by 10:10.  It will take me all of 50-60 minutes to get to the apartment complex.  I hope to have the apartment keys in hand by 12:00.  After I unload the car, I will go to Best Buy and purchase a small 24" TV and then settle in for the evening.  I will then wake up about 8:00 Sunday and be back to the hotel by 10:00 to take one final check of the room and officially check out.  That should put me back to the hotel by 12:00 Sunday so I can start getting ready for work on Monday.

Why am I telling you all this?  Because, I'm bored...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2548 on: September 29, 2012, 09:13:36 AM »

OK I've missed a lot. Anyone have the Sparknotes?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2549 on: September 29, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »

OK I've missed a lot. Anyone have the Sparknotes?

He got a job in Utah, living in an extended stay hotel, getting his own aparment.

So far it's been a boring month....
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies