As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:15:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313527 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2012, 12:31:40 PM »

Do we have a [Fill in this week's party choice here] - Republic of Kenya avatar yet?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #676 on: March 30, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »

Please, fellas, if you want to talk that way about the Kenyan women, take it elsewhere.  I don't want to litter this thread with what they look like where.

We were talking about a very serious political issue, Bushok - clitorectomy.  I don't know if you had a chance to address this issue during your visit..
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #677 on: March 30, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »

Good Friday Morning! I had another little confirmation last night, or reassurance I guess you could call it.  I asked God if this is truly from Him, and not something from my own desire, then to let me sleep and not even think about it.  What happened?  I slept like a baby for 7 hours.  I went to bed at 10:15 and woke up at 5:15 am.  After having slept on it for a night, I've got a game plan.

Work in Oklahoma at Dell for the next 24 months supporting myself and my children, as well as being there for my biological American family and my adopted American sister.
In Autumn 2012, I want to start making preparations to raise the funds, secure employment, find a place to live that will accomodate myself and my two children.
In January 2013, I want to be able to fill my parents into what is going on.
In March 2013, I will make a return visit to Maisha and possibly go again in the Autumn 2013.
Be on the ground and moved to celebrate my 32nd birthday on April 29, 2014.

Of course, God can always change things either sooner or later, but this is how I'm seeing the time line after having slept on it.

So, nothing immediate except raising funds to go back next March and fulfilling my responsibilities at Dell and to my American and African families.
I wouldn't trust god based on your past encounters with him, make sure you get a signature from him on his contract before you head into your next adventure!!!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #678 on: March 30, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

Good Friday Morning! I had another little confirmation last night, or reassurance I guess you could call it.  I asked God if this is truly from Him, and not something from my own desire, then to let me sleep and not even think about it.  What happened?  I slept like a baby for 7 hours.  I went to bed at 10:15 and woke up at 5:15 am.  After having slept on it for a night, I've got a game plan.

You know, I never followed the Update thread, so I am not familiar with the way you think God communicates in an active relationship.  But is this your normal modus operandi...always setting out a series of (very minor) fleeces in order to determine “God’s will” for your life?

First, I am NOT a subscriber of the ideal that you have to chronically seek “God’s will” in your life (e.g. “The Purpose Driven Life”).  His will for you is already stated point blank in scripture – there is no need to seek it, it is already given to you.

Would you be doing God’s work if you went to Africa and helped them meet their spiritual and physical needs?  Absolutely.  But you would also be doing God’s work by helping out in your current community in OK.

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.”

Second, even though Gideon put out a fleece before God in Judges ch6, it wasn’t necessary, for God had already spoken to him.  Gideon was just acting like Moses did - doubting what God actually told him.  In the New Testament, where is there a single example of someone putting a fleece before God?  Christians are supposed to be led by the Holy Spirit, not fleeces.

If you think God is leading you to move to Africa, then why doesn’t God simply call you to go to Africa?

John 10:4 “his sheep follow him because they know his voice.”

God gives you the freedom of choice to go serve him in Africa, and he also gives you the freedom of choice to continue to serve him in OK...but don't think God predominate will for your life is to pack your bags and move unless he is actually asking you to do so:

1Cor 7:20 "Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him."

Are you attempting to convince people God is calling you to go to Africa simply due to your interpretation of these fleeces?  Again, I ask: is this your normal modus operandi – taking everything as a sign from God?

The expert has spoken.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2012, 01:25:01 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

My point is that there is biblical precedent for the way he believes God is communicating with him.  But, the bible never claims to be exhaustive of the ways Christ communicates to his believers, and I do believe that God can move the heart...so, I would like to know if this is BushOK's normal way of interpreting signs from God, and if so, how have the past "signs" and "interpretations" worked out.

From my experience, Christians who interpret everything as a sign from God tend to be constantly uprooting their lives and going off half-cocked.  

That's why it is written: 

1Cor 7:20 "Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #680 on: March 30, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »

From my experience, Christians who interpret everything as a sign from God tend to be constantly uprooting their lives and going off half-cocked.  

Amen
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »

My soul is very much at peace with moving to Kenya in 2014.  He has given mef focus today and the assurance that He will take care of the details. He just asks me to be available and open.  I know this much peace this quick is the sole work of the Holy Spirit.  He is the author of peace, not anxiety and confusion.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »

Do we have a [Fill in this week's party choice here] - Republic of Kenya avatar yet?

We definitely need one Smiley
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #683 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »

Don't move to Kenya, Jeff.  Pretty sure the scam this time involves organ harvesting.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #684 on: March 30, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »

My soul is very much at peace with moving to Kenya in 2014.  He has given mef focus today and the assurance that He will take care of the details. He just asks me to be available and open.  I know this much peace this quick is the sole work of the Holy Spirit.  He is the author of peace, not anxiety and confusion.

so, you're not going to answer my question regarding if this is how you've normally operated?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #685 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

Have we seen Bushie keep a stable situation for two years yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #686 on: March 30, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »

My soul is very much at peace with moving to Kenya in 2014.  He has given mef focus today and the assurance that He will take care of the details. He just asks me to be available and open.  I know this much peace this quick is the sole work of the Holy Spirit.  He is the author of peace, not anxiety and confusion.

so, you're not going to answer my question regarding if this is how you've normally operated?

The fleeces I have put out are done with the intention that God will answer and I will listen.  Based on knowing my body. I could not have slept last night with this much excitement. I also look for anything out of the ordinary. I also believe that whatsoever I ask in Jesus name according to His will, I will receive. I asked God to take away the desires if they weren't of Him. Increasing desires is not exactly getting rid of them.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #687 on: March 30, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »

The fleeces I have put out are done with the intention that God will answer and I will listen.

In the only example in scripture of someone using a fleece, God had already spoken.  There are ZERO examples of using a fleece as a primary means of communication.

---

I also look for anything out of the ordinary.

Anything out of the ordinary?  Like a great wind, or an earthquake, or a fire?!

IKings 16 “Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.”

---

I also believe that whatsoever I ask in Jesus name according to His will, I will receive. I asked God to take away the desires if they weren't of Him. Increasing desires is not exactly getting rid of them.

Come on, dude, focus, I am not going to tolerate you getting gay on me.

---

But you still haven’t told me about your past…have you had inclinations in the past that God was directing you to do something.  If so, list the situations along with the outcome of those situations.

Or am I going to have to ask readers of the Update?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #688 on: March 30, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »

Please see the latest status update. Please.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #689 on: March 30, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »

Please see the latest status update. Please.

I'm speechless
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #690 on: March 30, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »

Yeah, I just read it. Holy f**king s**t.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #691 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

If he'd spent a week in Spain then Rajoy would probably be his new PM.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #692 on: March 30, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »

If he'd spent a week in Spain then Rajoy would probably be his new PM.

Have you ever been to BushOK's capital, Madrid?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #693 on: March 30, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »

Can someone paraphrase the new status update if it's not unethical?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #694 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »

that may be the best status update in the history of facebook. 

and bushie it took you forever just to go from regular soda to diet soda, yet you get engaged or plan to move 10,000 miles away at the drop of a hat.  i just dont get it...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #695 on: March 30, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

that may be the best status update in the history of facebook. 

and bushie it took you forever just to go from regular soda to diet soda, yet you get engaged or plan to move 10,000 miles away at the drop of a hat.  i just dont get it...
Did he get engaged to an African?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #696 on: March 30, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »

Quoting the first line would be enough. I'd do it but I don't want my first death points.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #697 on: March 30, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »

But you still haven’t told me about your past…have you had inclinations in the past that God was directing you to do something.  If so, list the situations along with the outcome of those situations.

Or am I going to have to ask readers of the Update?

Two years ago, he quit his job at Oklahoma Natural Gas to take up a job that was a scam, and (at least initially) didn't believe anyone here who explained to him that it was a scam because "sometimes you just have to step out in faith":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120859.msg2587638#msg2587638

The recurring theme of Update is that Bushie constantly makes impulsive decisions without weighing the evidence because he figures that God's looking out for him, so he can't go wrong.  This has reached such a level of self-parody that many of us believe that at least some of this stuff is made up.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #698 on: March 30, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »

fck you people teasing us with a terrific Bush status update and not pming it to me! Angry
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #699 on: March 30, 2012, 07:39:24 PM »

PM this status update to me ASAP you fools!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies