As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:57:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312250 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »

BUMP...

There is a Kenya update that i forgot about when I updated Wednesday Night.  This is also a work update combined into one.

One of my coworkers is considering my offer of a schedule swap with me effective Saturday, December 31, 2011, taking my 4/10 schedule (6:00-17:00 Saturday-Tuesday) and me taking his 9:45-18:45 M-F schedule.

What this schedule would do for me is two-fold.  (1) It would give me my Sundays back and allow me to worship at church every week like I long to do.  (2) It would also allow me to take fewer hours of leave when I go to Kenya.  The trip is Friday, March 16 - Sunday, March 25, 2012.  Under my current schedule, I would have to take minimum 60 hours, probably 70 hours because of jet lag recovery on Monday, March 26, 2012.  By switching to a regular Monday-Friday work week, I would only have to take minimum 48 hours possibly 56 hours with the same jet lag recovery.  That would give me more leave for the remainder of 2012, especially if I encounter icy roads in January, February, March or December.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2011, 08:38:02 PM »

I just filled out the passport application and will turn it in along with the appropriate fees and get the passport photo taken this coming Wednesday, November 30, 2011!!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »

BUMP...

There is a Kenya update that i forgot about when I updated Wednesday Night.  This is also a work update combined into one.

One of my coworkers is considering my offer of a schedule swap with me effective Saturday, December 31, 2011, taking my 4/10 schedule (6:00-17:00 Saturday-Tuesday) and me taking his 9:45-18:45 M-F schedule.

What this schedule would do for me is two-fold.  (1) It would give me my Sundays back and allow me to worship at church every week like I long to do.  (2) It would also allow me to take fewer hours of leave when I go to Kenya.  The trip is Friday, March 16 - Sunday, March 25, 2012.  Under my current schedule, I would have to take minimum 60 hours, probably 70 hours because of jet lag recovery on Monday, March 26, 2012.  By switching to a regular Monday-Friday work week, I would only have to take minimum 48 hours possibly 56 hours with the same jet lag recovery.  That would give me more leave for the remainder of 2012, especially if I encounter icy roads in January, February, March or December.

Haha, the update is back baby.  Honestly though, you CANNOT miss work for some snow my man and no motel stays either.   Good luck in the planning of your trip. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2011, 09:33:53 PM by We Remember - 70 years ago »

BUMP...

There is a Kenya update that i forgot about when I updated Wednesday Night.  This is also a work update combined into one.

What this schedule would do for me is two-fold.  (1) It would give me my Sundays back and allow me to worship at church every week like I long to do.  (2) It would also allow me to take fewer hours of leave when I go to Kenya.  The trip is Friday, March 16 - Sunday, March 25, 2012.  Under my current schedule, I would have to take minimum 60 hours, probably 70 hours because of jet lag recovery on Monday, March 26, 2012.  By switching to a regular Monday-Friday work week, I would only have to take minimum 48 hours possibly 56 hours with the same jet lag recovery.  That would give me more leave for the remainder of 2012, especially if I encounter icy roads in January, February, March or December.

Haha, the update is back baby.  Honestly though, you CANNOT miss work for some snow my man and no motel stays either.   Good luck in the planning of your trip.  

If there is a motel stay to be had, it will be because my employer would put me up there so I can be closer to work.

And, yes, the update has returned by proxy.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »

Obligatory:

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »

I wouldn't  expect nor ask for a motel stay, Bushie.  I also wouldn't express any trepidation about driving in the weather to your co-workers or bosses.  It is a phobia that is best expressed to the forum if at all.  

From my experience, any weakness is typically used against you in the workplace. So I wouldnt even use a jet lag rest day excuse for that additional day- just say you are getting back that day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »

I wouldn't  expect nor ask for a motel stay, Bushie.  I also wouldn't express any trepidation about driving in the weather to your co-workers or bosses.  It is a phobia that is best expressed to the forum if at all. 

From my experience, any weakness is typically used against you in the workplace. So I wouldnt even use a jet lag rest day excuse for that additional day- just say you are getting back that day.

I definitely don't mention either scenario around the workplace.  I'm trying my darndest to get on permanent in January, and I'm not going to let anything ruin it.  January happens to be my supervisor's projection of when to get me on permanent.  I don't know if that's early January, mid January, or late January.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »

I wouldn't  expect nor ask for a motel stay, Bushie.  I also wouldn't express any trepidation about driving in the weather to your co-workers or bosses.  It is a phobia that is best expressed to the forum if at all. 

I definitely don't mention either scenario around the workplace.  I'm trying my darndest to get on permanent in January, and I'm not going to let anything ruin it.  January happens to be my supervisor's projection of when to get me on permanent.  I don't know if that's early January, mid January, or late January.

Cool man and good luck.  What are your rules for asking time off?  I personally wouldnt ask for the time off until you have to and you have a permanent role.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2011, 01:02:25 AM »

If there is a motel stay to be had, it will be because my employer would put me up there so I can be closer to work.

Do employers really do that? It seems like it would cost more than whatever they gain from your working that day.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2011, 01:18:37 AM »

Do employers really do that? It seems like it would cost more than whatever they gain from your working that day.

Maybe if you are a baller on Wall Street and there is a blackout, blizzard or something. No motel sixes for that crowd though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2011, 06:15:55 AM »

I know quite a few around here who do that.  I've heard the motel Dell uses is a Holiday Inn about 1.5 miles away down the same road.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »

Cool man and good luck.  What are your rules for asking time off?  I personally wouldnt ask for the time off until you have to and you have a permanent role.

I did go ahead and ask for the time off because it is our spring break week and he only allows 1 agent off per day, so I had to get my dibs in early.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2011, 10:14:21 PM »

I'm having so much fun looking at possible flight paths going to and from Nairobi. Interesting cities showing up such as

Memphis, Tennessee;
Atlanta, Georgia;
Detroit, Michigan;
Chicago, Illinois;
Newark, New Jersey;
Dallas, Texas;
Detroit, Michigan;
Los Angeles, California;
London, England;
Amsterdam, Netherlands;
Istanbul, Turkey;
Dubai, United Arab Emirates;
Frankfurt, Germany;
Zurich, Switzerland;
Brussels, Belgium;
even Addis Ababa, Ethiopia showed up.

Some extremely long flights and layovers await. Up to 16 hour flights (Dubai to Dallas) and up to 12 hour layovers.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2011, 06:35:32 AM by Ebowed »

Get the permanent status first, then ask for time off.....
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:59 AM »

I'm having so much fun looking at possible flight paths going to and from Nairobi. Interesting cities showing up such as

Memphis, Tennessee;
Atlanta, Georgia;
Detroit, Michigan;
Chicago, Illinois;
Newark, New Jersey;
Dallas, Texas;
Detroit, Michigan;
Los Angeles, California;
London, England;
Amsterdam, Netherlands;
Istanbul, Turkey;
Dubai, United Arab Emirates;
Frankfurt, Germany;
Zurich, Switzerland;
Brussels, Belgium;
even Addis Ababa, Ethiopia showed up.

Some extremely long flights and layovers await. Up to 16 hour flights (Dubai to Dallas) and up to 12 hour layovers.

Nothing out of the ordinary there. Aren't the flights being booked for everyone by your tour organizer....or is it every man for himself?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2011, 07:57:16 AM »

Get the permanent status first, then ask for time off.....
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2011, 04:46:54 PM »

Surely it would be booked by an organizer. It doesn't make sense for it to be a free for all when finding flights.

Are you sure it's smart to take time off work for this? Aren't you still a temp? If so, I'm not sure they will retain you if you are taking trips to Kenya for extended periods of time.

If this is something that interests you, why not become a full time missionary? I've heard of people going to Africa and other places to risk their lives to spread the message of Jesus. Just do it all the time, and update us on your journey!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »

It is being planned by an organizer.  They will book the flights the second week of January.  In fact, I'm going to talk to the trip organizer tomorrow in his office and officially put down my deposit.

I am still a temp, but I have been told that I will be on permanent before February 1.  He's just waiting on one thing right now, and that may not come in until late December or January.  Once he does that he will submit the req order to open up my position, but I will be on permament by February 1.  I've already told my supervisor about the trip and he is okay with it.

I'm changing my schedule at the first of January to a Monday-Friday schedule so I can take fewer hours off.  I would only be taking 56 hours with that schedule as opposed to 70 hours with the schedule I have now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »

I went up to the church office and talked to the trip organizer this morning for about 5 minutes and put down $300.  I also applied for my passport in Downtown Oklahoma City.

I now have $1200 left to put in toward my airfare within the next 5 1/2 weeks by Saturday, January 7, 2012.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »

How will this affect your love life? Please fill us in on all details.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »

How will this affect your love life? Please fill us in on all details.

Since I don't have a girlfriend right now, this won't affect it at all.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »

I went up to the church office and talked to the trip organizer this morning for about 5 minutes and put down $300.  I also applied for my passport in Downtown Oklahoma City.

I now have $1200 left to put in toward my airfare within the next 5 1/2 weeks by Saturday, January 7, 2012.

Do you live far from the passport office?  Why go out of your way to apply for something you can do through the mail?  I had to go in person once but my flight was in two days.

Am I misunderstanding you or are you really paying for this trip in cash.? Seems rather inconvenient/archaic.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »

Do you live far from the passport office?  Why go out of your way to apply for something you can do through the mail?  I had to go in person once but my flight was in two days.

Am I misunderstanding you or are you really paying for this trip in cash.? Seems rather inconvenient/archaic.

I only live 7 miles from the passport office, so it wasn't too bad of a trip.

We're not paying just in cash. There will be other methods of donation by different people.  Cash/Check will be the most common, I imagine, but there is a website I have directed my family and friends to make tax-deductible donations toward my trip.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2011, 12:20:10 AM »

I was confused- I thought you went to like the US state departments passport office, but they dont even have a regional office in OKC.  I just recoiled because I remember waiting in a 4 hour line.   That is why I just print out my application and mail in my pics now.

Thanks for explaining.  I'm just so used to putting down a c.c. these days for everything.

Hopefully, the organizers can get you a good flight with a short layover.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2011, 12:24:13 AM »

Suze Orman while obnoxious I have to agree with her DENIED DENIED DENIED!!!!!  Bushie, you have to help yourself before you help others.  Do you have a sizable savings account?  A 401(k) or Roth IRA?  Dude, seriously this is PAINFUL to see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies