As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312167 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2011, 02:36:10 AM »

Suze Orman while obnoxious I have to agree with her DENIED DENIED DENIED!!!!!  Bushie, you have to help yourself before you help others.  Do you have a sizable savings account?  A 401(k) or Roth IRA?  Dude, seriously this is PAINFUL to see.

If other people are chipping in, it's really not that much money.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »

Suze Orman while obnoxious I have to agree with her DENIED DENIED DENIED!!!!!  Bushie, you have to help yourself before you help others.  Do you have a sizable savings account?  A 401(k) or Roth IRA?  Dude, seriously this is PAINFUL to see.

If other people are chipping in, it's really not that much money.

Correct, Xahar.  Through the commitments I have already received, I pretty much
have my trip paid for except for maybe the $200-$250 spending money/visa money, and that will be quickly covered, as well.  All of this is with minimal investments from myself.

Flyers, I understand where you're coming from, and if it weren't for these financial commitments from friends and family, I wouldn't even think about going.  I would probably just stick with my original March plan and go visit my niece in Florida.

I was confused- I thought you went to like the US state departments passport office, but they dont even have a regional office in OKC.  I just recoiled because I remember waiting in a 4 hour line.   That is why I just print out my application and mail in my pics now.

Thanks for explaining.  I'm just so used to putting down a c.c. these days for everything.

Hopefully, the organizers can get you a good flight with a short layover.

Yeah, I just went to the Downtown Oklahoma City Post Office and was only there for 30 minutes as I had printed out the application and filled it out from home before hand.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »

I just had a nice contribution to my account.  My friends from college who are missionaries to China and are home in Enid, Oklahoma for 5 months have put $250 in my account.  With my deposit, I am now at $550 already in my account.  I am $2000 away from having my trip completely paid for and have that much, if not more, in commitments!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:59 PM »

A little update.

My fundraising is off to a wonderful start! As of yesterday morning, I had $550 in my trip account.  By last night, I had $800.  By tomorrow night, I will jump to $1800.  By the end of this week, I will be sitting at $2100 raised.  That will leave only $500 left for the trip plus my 2 shots at the end of February.  That will include $250 spending/visa money.  I think I'm the fastest fund raiser in the group!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2011, 10:25:35 PM »

Wait, this is 12 pages now? Is it the new Update thread?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2011, 06:15:16 AM »

Wait, this is 12 pages now? Is it the new Update thread?

Welcome to Update Redux!!  Eventually, I may update things other than just Kenya.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2011, 06:45:06 AM »

You know, I wouldn't entirely put it past you to do the whole Kenya thing just in order to have an excuse to start up the Update again Wink
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »

Eventually, I may update things other than just Kenya.

Please!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2011, 12:23:54 PM »

I just crossed underneath 100 days until the day I leave for Kenya begins.  I've already got $1800 in the bank for my trip and I've got another $600 coming within the next 4 weeks, bringing me up to $2400.  That will leave me with just spending money and shot money, which may be a grand total of $300 remaining.  The good news is, I have that $300 coming in February.

In other news, if you've been following facebook over the past three weeks, I've been on a mission to lose weight.  I had lost a total of 13 pounds at my best, and I've been hovering between 10 and 13 pounds lost for pretty much the past week.  As of this morning, I am sitting at 11 1/2 pounds down.  It would have been at least 12 1/2 pounds this morning, but I had an Oreo Cookie and Milk snack last night.

What I'm doing, though, to lose weight is when I get a hamburger, I'm leaving off the cheese, leaving off the fries, and either get a Diet Dr. Pepper or return home and get a Coke Zero.  I've switched primarily to Coke Zero since it has no calories.  I have maybe one regular Coke or Dr. Pepper every 3 or 4 days.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2011, 12:25:50 PM »

I need to follow some of those tips... Used to be proud of my beef but now it's just inconvenient
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2011, 12:27:12 PM »

It would have been at least 12 1/2 pounds this morning, but I had an Oreo Cookie and Milk snack last night.

What I'm doing, though, to lose weight is when I get a hamburger, I'm leaving off the cheese, leaving off the fries, and either get a Diet Dr. Pepper or return home and get a Coke Zero.  I've switched primarily to Coke Zero since it has no calories.  I have maybe one regular Coke or Dr. Pepper every 3 or 4 days.

Dude, skipping the cheese isn't really going to make a ton of difference when you're still having a hamburger.  Stop eating burgers generally, and IF you're going to indulge/reward yourself...go all out.  But don't justify eating bad food because you've made it slightly less bad.

Start cooking for yourself.  

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »

It would have been at least 12 1/2 pounds this morning, but I had an Oreo Cookie and Milk snack last night.

Dude, skipping the cheese isn't really going to make a ton of difference when you're still having a hamburger.  Stop eating burgers generally, and IF you're going to indulge/reward yourself...go all out.  But don't justify eating bad food because you've made it slightly less bad.

Start cooking for yourself. 

A hamburger without the cheese and the fries just turns into a glorified sandwich.

I don't eat those as much as I did and I do have dinner at home most nights. I maybe get a hamburger such as that every three or four days.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2011, 12:57:53 PM »

A hamburger without the cheese and the fries just turns into a glorified sandwich.

I don't eat those as much as I did and I do have dinner at home most nights. I maybe get a hamburger such as that every three or four days.

Man, a hamburger every 3 or 4 days is still too often.  Switch to a chicken sandwich, grilled, not fried if your job dictates that you have to get take out.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »

STOP.DRINKING.SODA.

Just switch to water. The only time I was drinking soda was when I mixed it with booze, but now I just drink whiskey and water.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2011, 02:05:13 PM »

Is BushOK back from Kenya yet?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »

Only six hundred hours left in 2011!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »

Bush, I read a bit more and appears you haven't left yet, or perhaps are still in Kenya.  My only advice is that you should sit in front of the fan for 5-10 minutes after showering.  This is a 'universal male practice' in the tropics, and circumvents the problem of ringworm or jock-itch to which the dweller in humid climes is so prone (and in particular, if I may say so, a fat bastard like yourself).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »

Bush, I read a bit more and appears you haven't left yet, or perhaps are still in Kenya.  My only advice is that you should sit in front of the fan for 5-10 minutes after showering.  This is a 'universal male practice' in the tropics, and circumvents the problem of ringworm or jock-itch to which the dweller in humid climes is so prone (and in particular, if I may say so, a fat bastard like yourself).

Haha, I'll make sure to do that.  FYI, I don't go to Kenya until March 16.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2011, 03:56:16 PM »

Sterling fellow!  I wish you all the best. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »

Sterling fellow!  I wish you all the best. 

Thanks, opie!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2011, 04:10:38 PM »

I'm sitting at 98 days until Kenya and amongst my trip mates who have not raised as much money as I have so far are already starting to feel the trip get closer and closer.  The air fare money ($1500) is due by Saturday, January 7, 2012.  I have already raised $1800, so my air fare is taken care of and I'm well on my way for the last $1100 which includes the actual cost of the trip, the spending money, and the visa money.  All of that is due by the first week of March.  The rest of the group is already starting to feel the time crunch.  I'm not feeling it as much, since I am 3/4 of the way done in fundraising.

Personally, I'm going to take the rest of December to enjoy Christmas and New Years and then the first week of January, I am going to start looking over the list of what I need to pack and take an inventory of what I do and do not have and then start buying what I don't have.  They recommend really trying to pack as early as March 1 to give us plenty of time to figure out what works best and what doesn't.  I can keep in mind that they do have laundry service at the mission center where we will be staying, so I don't have to take as many clothes which will save room in my suitcase.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »

14 weeks from right now, I will probably be on the plane doing some pond hopping headed to some airport in Europe, most likely Amsterdam, Brussels, Zurich, Istanbul, or possibly London-Heathrow.  I will likely leave the Oklahoma City airport around 11:00 or 11:30 Friday morning, March 16.  I'll likely fly into either Washington-Reagan or Dulles, Chicago, Dallas, or Newark for my American layover. The European layover will be in the cities I mentioned above.  I should return to the Oklahoma City airport around 8:30 or so Sunday night, March 25.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »

Here is a weight loss update:

As of this morning, I have now lost 14 1/2 pounds.  I also have not had a regular coke in 8 days since Sunday, December 4, 2011.  I have no desire for them, anymore.  My mother advises me since I've gone this long, to just stay away from them altogether.  Instead, I've been drinking Coke Zero and occasionally Diet Dr. Pepper in establishments that don't have Coke Zero.  I do not see myself ever going to a water-only diet.  That's just too boring.  Coke Zero is fine since it has no calories and no sugar and it tastes great.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »

Here is a weight loss update:

As of this morning, I have now lost 14 1/2 pounds.  I also have not had a regular coke in 8 days since Sunday, December 4, 2011.  I have no desire for them, anymore.  My mother advises me since I've gone this long, to just stay away from them altogether.  Instead, I've been drinking Coke Zero and occasionally Diet Dr. Pepper in establishments that don't have Coke Zero.  I do not see myself ever going to a water-only diet.  That's just too boring.  Coke Zero is fine since it has no calories and no sugar and it tastes great.
Keep it up! Clothes fitting differently yet? That's the best feeling in the world! Any progress on the energy out side of the equation? It doesn't have to be a marathon at first (and, frankly, shouldn't be anything too strenuous to start), but you need to work at both sides not just to lose weight but to be healthier.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »

14 weeks from right now, I will probably be on the plane doing some pond hopping headed to some airport in Europe, most likely Amsterdam, Brussels, Zurich, Istanbul, or possibly London-Heathrow.  I will likely leave the Oklahoma City airport around 11:00 or 11:30 Friday morning, March 16.  I'll likely fly into either Washington-Reagan or Dulles, Chicago, Dallas, or Newark for my American layover. The European layover will be in the cities I mentioned above.  I should return to the Oklahoma City airport around 8:30 or so Sunday night, March 25.
So you're going to be in Kenya for a little more than a week?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies