As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:14:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312267 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2011, 07:52:32 AM »

So, when is the next engagement?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2011, 07:07:06 PM »

14 weeks from right now, I will probably be on the plane doing some pond hopping headed to some airport in Europe, most likely Amsterdam, Brussels, Zurich, Istanbul, or possibly London-Heathrow.  I will likely leave the Oklahoma City airport around 11:00 or 11:30 Friday morning, March 16.  I'll likely fly into either Washington-Reagan or Dulles, Chicago, Dallas, or Newark for my American layover. The European layover will be in the cities I mentioned above.  I should return to the Oklahoma City airport around 8:30 or so Sunday night, March 25.
So you're going to be in Kenya for a little more than a week?

Yes, 9 days total including 2 full weekends.

Here is a weight loss update:

As of this morning, I have now lost 14 1/2 pounds.  I also have not had a regular coke in 8 days since Sunday, December 4, 2011.  I have no desire for them, anymore.  My mother advises me since I've gone this long, to just stay away from them altogether.  Instead, I've been drinking Coke Zero and occasionally Diet Dr. Pepper in establishments that don't have Coke Zero.  I do not see myself ever going to a water-only diet.  That's just too boring.  Coke Zero is fine since it has no calories and no sugar and it tastes great.
Keep it up! Clothes fitting differently yet? That's the best feeling in the world! Any progress on the energy out side of the equation? It doesn't have to be a marathon at first (and, frankly, shouldn't be anything too strenuous to start), but you need to work at both sides not just to lose weight but to be healthier.

Thank you, memphis!  I'm almost ready to go down a size in my jeans from my current 40 to 38!!

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »

Not anytime soon. I don't even have a girlfriend, nor do I have any prospects.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »

14 weeks from right now, I will probably be on the plane doing some pond hopping headed to some airport in Europe, most likely Amsterdam, Brussels, Zurich, Istanbul, or possibly London-Heathrow.  I will likely leave the Oklahoma City airport around 11:00 or 11:30 Friday morning, March 16.  I'll likely fly into either Washington-Reagan or Dulles, Chicago, Dallas, or Newark for my American layover. The European layover will be in the cities I mentioned above.  I should return to the Oklahoma City airport around 8:30 or so Sunday night, March 25.

As of this morning, I have now lost 14 1/2 pounds.  I also have not had a regular coke in 8 days since Sunday, December 4, 2011.  I have no desire for them, anymore.  My mother advises me since I've gone this long, to just stay away from them altogether.  Instead, I've been drinking Coke Zero and occasionally Diet Dr. Pepper in establishments that don't have Coke Zero.  I do not see myself ever going to a water-only diet.  That's just too boring.  Coke Zero is fine since it has no calories and no sugar and it tastes great.
Keep it up! Clothes fitting differently yet? That's the best feeling in the world! Any progress on the energy out side of the equation? It doesn't have to be a marathon at first (and, frankly, shouldn't be anything too strenuous to start), but you need to work at both sides not just to lose weight but to be healthier.

Thank you, memphis!  I'm almost ready to go down a size in my jeans from my current 40 to 38!!

Excellent! I've done some weight yo-yoing in the past. You're going to have to try everything on before you buy it because everybody sizes things differently. Target jeans, for whatever reason, are extremely generous in the waist, even the ones that are not relaxed fit. I could probably wear a 32 Target jeans if I wanted, which is hilarious because I'm more like a 36 in the real world.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »

Excellent! I've done some weight yo-yoing in the past. You're going to have to try everything on before you buy it because everybody sizes things differently. Target jeans, for whatever reason, are extremely generous in the waist, even the ones that are not relaxed fit. I could probably wear a 32 Target jeans if I wanted, which is hilarious because I'm more like a 36 in the real world.

What's nice is that I have about 10 pair of size 38 jeans in my closet, so I won't even have to go buy any. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2011, 09:55:18 PM »

I just got my passport in the mail today.  It only took two weeks!!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »

That must have been a weird day at the passport office.  "Hey guys, look at this - somebody from Oklahoma is applying for a passport!"  "What?  No way..."  "I'm serious!  It's spelled correctly and everything!  I wonder if he knows what it's even for."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:03 PM »

That must have been a weird day at the passport office.  "Hey guys, look at this - somebody from Oklahoma is applying for a passport!"  "What?  No way..."  "I'm serious!  It's spelled correctly and everything!  I wonder if he knows what it's even for."

Oklahoma probably has its own team and does nothing but facebook all day, so when they saw my application, they got it done in just a little while and went back to facebooking.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2011, 05:39:26 AM »

Passports are important. Although Amsterdam let me through once on an expired German passport. (Had my American passport and German ID card with me, but wasn't aware of tbe expiration myself) I wonder if the Dutch noticed or just didn't care.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2011, 09:32:27 AM »

Passports are important. Although Amsterdam let me through once on an expired German passport. (Had my American passport and German ID card with me, but wasn't aware of tbe expiration myself) I wonder if the Dutch noticed or just didn't care.

They tend not to care unless you have a funny name Smiley It's unfortunate I look about 12 on my passport, still I get to renew it shortly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »

I am able to check my work email from home, now, and this morning when I woke up and checked the email, I found out officially that I will work 12-7 Christmas Eve afternoon, but I will have Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, and January 2 all off work.  That 7 hours on Christmas Eve is a little more than 2/3 of a normal 10 hour work day.  So, this leaves me with 6 2/3 days of work remaining in 2011, 4 of which I will knock out in the next 4 days, Saturday-Tuesday.  After I get off work at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 I will have a nice 6-day weekend until 6:00 am on Tuesday, January 3, 2012, followed by 11 hours of work, then another 3-day weekend.

I now have 90 days until Kenya (3 months from today).

I am still hovering between 13 1/2 and 14 1/2 pounds lost in the past 5 weeks.  Today, I am at 14 1/4 pounds.  I started the diet at 285.0 lbs and this morning I am at 270.8 lbs.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »

I hope you aren't starving yourself.  Exercise, exercise, exercise!  I suggest running for the longest distances you can (gradually increasing your mileage) in tandem with push-ups and planks.  Don't do crunches, you will just hurt your back (and the benefits are minimal).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »

I hope you aren't starving yourself.  Exercise, exercise, exercise!  I suggest running for the longest distances you can (gradually increasing your mileage) in tandem with push-ups and planks.  Don't do crunches, you will just hurt your back (and the benefits are minimal).

I'm definitely not starving myself. I'm still eating fine, I'm just not overeating and stuffing myself miserable.  I am walking a couple times a week as my form of exercise and will probably increase that once the weather starts getting warmer in the late winter and early spring.

As of this morning, I was at 14 3/4 pounds lost.  I'm slowly, but surely heading in the right direction.  I don't want to go too fast down the hill and send my body into shock, so a nice, steady progression is ideal. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2011, 07:43:16 AM »

I have fluctuated back up to about 13 3/4 - 14 pounds lost again, hovering right around 271.  I didn't do anything out of the ordinary yesterday, I think its just a natural fluctuation in my weight loss journey.  It's actually good, I think, that I have these minor gains as 1) it keeps me from getting to sure of myself and 2) it prevents me from losing weight too fast for my body to adjust.

By the middle of January, I will have my Kenya trip completely paid for, including spending money and visa money.  I'm at $2000 right now, thanks to a donation that came in last Thursday.  I am promised another $400 right after the first of the year and I have also been promised some by the middle of January.  The only other expense I should have trip related is $98 to get my yellow fever vaccination sometime in late January or early February.  If I go down to the Oklahoma County Health Department, the Tetanus shot is free and the Yellow Fever is $98.

Starting around the 2nd or 3rd week of January, I am going to start getting stuff organized that I'm going to take to Kenya and take stock of what I have and make a list of what I need to get.  This will give me roughly 2 months to get what I need so I don't have to buy everything all at once.

As of today, I am down to 88 days, not including today, until I leave.

In the Brown Household, today, Sunday, December 18, 2011, is the beginning of Christmas Week 2011.  I define Christmas Week as the final full Sunday-Saturday week before Christmas Day.  That happens to be this week naturally.  New Years Week 2012 is defined by the same rules, the final full Sunday-Saturday week before New Years Day, and it so happens New Years Week will begin on Christmas Morning at midnight and end at 23:59:59 Monday, January 2, 2012.  The first week of January, beginning on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 is back to normal.  It doesn't end until January 2 for me because the Tournament of Roses Parade and all the New Years Day Bowl Games are not held until Monday.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »

Jeff, if you ever want to get serious about losing weight, rather than just verbalizing about it (how many times have you lost 15 pounds, and then put it right back on?), use this product every morning. I put a scoop in the blender with orange juice and fruit.  I lost 10 pounds a month like clockwork - 70 pounds total. I now weigh 160 pounds, and have a body fat percentage of around 12%.  It changed my life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »

Jeff, if you ever want to get serious about losing weight, rather than just verbalizing about it (how many times have you lost 15 pounds, and then put it right back on?), use this product every morning. I put a scoop in the blender with orange juice and fruit.  I lost 10 pounds a month like clockwork - 70 pounds total. I now weigh 160 pounds, and have a body fat percentage of around 12%.  It changed my life.

I am serious about losing weight.  I've been losing for 5 full weeks now (tomorrow will start week 6).  My goal is to get in better shape so I can withstand the heat and humidity in Kenya and be of better service to the team.  I also want to not make the same mistakes in my 30s as I have in my 20s as I know mid-life can produce weight gain on its own.  I want to get ahead of the curve here and prevent things from going from bad to worse.  My blood pressure really spiked on Saturday, November 12 and I thought I had a very minor heart attack, and that's what spurred this weight loss campaign.  I would like to lose a couple pounds a week and I know I can do that.  I'm also beginning to walk some in the house and will walk more outside when the weather starts getting warmer outside.  This is not some 2-week fad that I am on, this is a real effort to lose weight.  I am at 14-15 pounds now, and my goal is to be at 17-18 pounds by January 1 and then 25 pounds by February 1.  I would like to lose 85-100 pounds total.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »

Are you seriously defining walking inside your house as a serious way to lose weight? Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2011, 01:28:38 PM »

Bushie, I successfully dealt with my former overweight issues by regularly attending a gym and continuing to do so every since.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2011, 01:31:07 PM »

Are you seriously defining walking inside your house as a serious way to lose weight? Smiley

It takes a lot longer, for sure, and while it's not the same as walking outside, at least I'm moving around, not stationary.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »

Bushie, I successfully dealt with my former overweight issues by regularly attending a gym and continuing to do so every since.

I've thought about a gym membership, but my finances right now just won't allow it.  I want to one of these days, but right now, it's just not financially feasible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »

If you remember a year ago in the Update Thread I mentioned I have an actual process when it comes to changing my calendars for the New Year.  I am at it, again!  I have a schedule typed up on Microsoft Word that tells me when to take down a certain calendar, when to put up the new calendar, when to change pages to January.  As for my desk calendars, I have a schedule of when to turn each individual page.  It will not all get changed at one time, but I have a method to each page turn about 45 minutes apart.  I will have started the changing process, but I will take a break for Christmas from this Thursday evening through next Wednesday morning.  I will have all the calendars changed by 1:00 am Saturday, December 31, 2011 which is 3 hours before 2012 is born in the Pacific Ocean.

I have a couple words of advice for anyone trying to figure this out...  "Don't ask!".
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »

Take the money and sign up for eHarmony or match.com.  You'll be better off!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2011, 01:52:53 AM »

I know something better. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall
Solves his weight and motivation problems with one pill. It ought to be in the water supply.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2011, 03:58:30 AM »

If you remember a year ago in the Update Thread I mentioned I have an actual process when it comes to changing my calendars for the New Year.  I am at it, again!  I have a schedule typed up on Microsoft Word that tells me when to take down a certain calendar, when to put up the new calendar, when to change pages to January.  As for my desk calendars, I have a schedule of when to turn each individual page.  It will not all get changed at one time, but I have a method to each page turn about 45 minutes apart.  I will have started the changing process, but I will take a break for Christmas from this Thursday evening through next Wednesday morning.  I will have all the calendars changed by 1:00 am Saturday, December 31, 2011 which is 3 hours before 2012 is born in the Pacific Ocean.

I have a couple words of advice for anyone trying to figure this out...  "Don't ask!".

Why???
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »

I also found out that my supervisor should be able to put in the requisition order to get me on permanent by the end of the first week of January. The contract with the client should be finished negotiating by the end of December, and he says it will be just a couple days after that when he submits. He said, though, it could take a little time to go through because it has to go up 100 different levels of management for approvals, but its pretty much a done deal and a matter of time at that point.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies