As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312103 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »

Spreading Christianity to uncultured peoples.  Surprised this still goes on.  A trip to Viking Resort in the Dominican Republic would be so much more worth your while Bushie.  Just tell everyone you're going to Africa for "missionary work" then use the money to have a good time!

Once the Afrukians get a look at Bushie, they'll be helpless to resist Jesus.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »

Spreading Christianity to uncultured peoples.  Surprised this still goes on.  A trip to Viking Resort in the Dominican Republic would be so much more worth your while Bushie.  Just tell everyone you're going to Africa for "missionary work" then use the money to have a good time!

Too late! I've already got $1600 plane tickets to Kenya!! ($1200 ticket + $400 Travel Agent fees)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2012, 09:10:41 AM »

She emailed me back yesterday afternoon saying that everything had been corrected.  I was able to view and print the itinerary and e-tickets last night.

In my weight loss expedition, I am back to 16 pounds lost, which is where I've been hovering the last few days.  I'm still doing everything I've been doing, it's just starting to go down slower now, which is alright, because every 5-10 days or so I see a new low, so it's not too bad.  Right now, I am at 269 lbs.  My goal is to be at least into the 250's by the time I go to Kenya.  I am feeling much better because of losing weight.  Whenever I do drink a regular Dr. Pepper or regular Coke, it tastes fattening to me and I'm starting to dislike the taste.  I enjoy my Coke Zero, and the past couple of days, I've been adding more water to the mix.   Yesterday, I had a full 8 glasses of water and a 44 oz of Diet Dr. Pepper at lunch plus a can of Coke Zero at dinner.  This morning, I've been at work a little over two hours and I've already had nearly 4 this morning, just trying to stay awake.  I'll probably have a Coke Zero at lunch and then again tonight at dinner, but I don't plan on having any regular soda and I'll finish the work day out with water except for lunch.

I've also found something very interesting.  I've had pizza at least once a week for probably the past month, and you would think with all the cheese and stuff on there that I would be gaining weight like mad, but I've found on every single occasion where I've had 5 or more slices of pizza, I have actually LOST weight the next morning.  This has happened on at least 5 or 6 occasions.  I know if I keep doing that I'll be pressing my luck, but it is encouraging.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2012, 09:29:50 AM »

She emailed me back yesterday afternoon saying that everything had been corrected.  I was able to view and print the itinerary and e-tickets last night.

In my weight loss expedition, I am back to 16 pounds lost, which is where I've been hovering the last few days.  I'm still doing everything I've been doing, it's just starting to go down slower now, which is alright, because every 5-10 days or so I see a new low, so it's not too bad.  Right now, I am at 269 lbs.  My goal is to be at least into the 250's by the time I go to Kenya.  I am feeling much better because of losing weight.  Whenever I do drink a regular Dr. Pepper or regular Coke, it tastes fattening to me and I'm starting to dislike the taste.  I enjoy my Coke Zero, and the past couple of days, I've been adding more water to the mix.   Yesterday, I had a full 8 glasses of water and a 44 oz of Diet Dr. Pepper at lunch plus a can of Coke Zero at dinner.  This morning, I've been at work a little over two hours and I've already had nearly 4 this morning, just trying to stay awake.  I'll probably have a Coke Zero at lunch and then again tonight at dinner, but I don't plan on having any regular soda and I'll finish the work day out with water except for lunch.

I've also found something very interesting.  I've had pizza at least once a week for probably the past month, and you would think with all the cheese and stuff on there that I would be gaining weight like mad, but I've found on every single occasion where I've had 5 or more slices of pizza, I have actually LOST weight the next morning.  This has happened on at least 5 or 6 occasions.  I know if I keep doing that I'll be pressing my luck, but it is encouraging.

You've had 5 or more slices of pizza on 5 or 6 occassions? Yikes! You're going to make a cardiologist very rich some day. Also, why would you need to print an e-ticket? Isn't the whole point that it's electronic?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »

You've had 5 or more slices of pizza on 5 or 6 occassions? Yikes! You're going to make a cardiologist very rich some day. Also, why would you need to print an e-ticket? Isn't the whole point that it's electronic?

I've been falling into the trap of convenience with the pizza.

I had to print the e-ticket just for my records, mainly.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2012, 10:08:23 AM »

For your records? Isn't it avaialble on your computer? Why do your records require a piece of paper.
As for the pizza.... I don't even know what to say other than you're not serious about weight loss if you eat that much pizza that frequently.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »

For your records? Isn't it avaialble on your computer? Why do your records require a piece of paper.
As for the pizza.... I don't even know what to say other than you're not serious about weight loss if you eat that much pizza that frequently.

I like to leave a paper trail, just in case my computer were to crash.  I know I could back it up, and I do on occasion, but I always like a paper trail, as well.

I will admit that I have fallen off the wagon a bit in the past couple weeks in terms of my weight loss, but thankfully, I haven't gained anything.

Today, I'm already up to 5-6 glasses of water.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2012, 08:17:50 PM by memphis »

Why would you need to back it up? Are you afraid the airline's servers are going to crash and they are going to lose all record of you? You can check your itinerary at any time by simply logging in. What you want to print is your boarding pass, which you can only do in the final 24 hours. Get the OCD treated. You'll be a happier person. And in a world where I make the rules, you'd be given adderall for the obesity, but I can't make that happen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »

Why would you need to back it up? Are you afraid the airline's servers are going to crash and they are going to lose all record of you? You can check your itinerary at any time by simply logging in. What you want to print is your boarding pass, which you can only do in the final 24 hours. Get the OCD treated. You'll be a happier person. And in a world where I make the rules, you'd be given adderall for the obesity, but I can't make that happen.

Sometimes, my OCD gets in my way, but other times I just roll with it and let it happen naturally.  This is one of those times.

I ended up with 9 glasses of water today, and only a very light lunch and light dinner.  I gave my dinner back, though, thanks to a migraine headache, or as one of my college friends called it, uploading. He is a Canadian Muslim with kind of a twisted mind...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2012, 11:45:18 PM »

Spreading Christianity to uncultured peoples.  Surprised this still goes on.  A trip to Viking Resort in the Dominican Republic would be so much more worth your while Bushie.  Just tell everyone you're going to Africa for "missionary work" then use the money to have a good time!

Too late! I've already got $1600 plane tickets to Kenya!! ($1200 ticket + $400 Travel Agent fees)

Get a refund!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: January 16, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »

Get a refund!

Not gonna happen!!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2012, 08:09:22 AM »

Cereal?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »

Cereal?

I thought they were quite high, myself, but I'm just grateful to be able to fulfill a dream I've always had.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »

Here is an update from my job.  The hospital complex in Minneapolis, whose account I serve, has agreed to extend the contract with Dell for 3 years with two one year extensions when the 3 years expires in March 2015.  The only question is will they go with reduced staffing, status quo staffing, or increased staffing.  We should know the decision on that by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.  It is likely that they will go with at least status quo staffing as they have several major projects being rolled out this year beginning in April and Dell will also take on a larger work load other than the major projects.

If, for some odd reason, they go with reduced staffing then I would likely be transferred to another account within Dell in March, such as Boeing, or Wellpoint Health Care, or ADT, or even the US Army.

In all likelihood, they will be go with at least status quo staffing, and if they do that, my manager will get the requisition orders opened on my position, as well as the two other contractors that are also on the account.

Also, my schedule will be changing next week.  He will send out the new schedule options tomorrow and will implement them sometime next week, probably next Saturday, January 28, 2012 as that is the beginning of the Dell pay period.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »

Cereal?

I thought they were quite high, myself, but I'm just grateful to be able to fulfill a dream I've always had.

You've always had a dream to go to Kenya? Nothing wrong with it....just kind of a weird dream to have always had.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »

Cereal?

You've always had a dream to go to Kenya? Nothing wrong with it....just kind of a weird dream to have always had.

Not necessarily to Kenya, but to Africa.  As a Christian, my passion is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire world and share with them the hope that I've found.  The Christians in African nations, as well as those in the Middle East, in China, and elsewhere in the Eastern and Southern Hemispheres are some of the most genuine believers in Christ because it is not as widespread and watered down there as it is in the Bible Belt and indeed in much of the United States.  The problem with Oklahoma and most of the Southeastern 1/4 of the United States is that there are too many churches, so they are competing with one another for attendance and in doing so watering the Gospel Truth down to where it tickles the ears and almost devoid of actual meaning.  Some of these television evangelists of these megachurces water down the Gospel way too much.  A couple examples, Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer both preach what you want to hear, not what you need to hear.  I think Joel is a great man in the faith and I don't question his sincerity one bit, but he preaches that God's will is for you to have nice houses, nice cars, and a fat bank account, and all the luxuries of life.  The nations of Africa don't have the luxuries that we have in America or much of Central and Western Europe.  So, the African Christians have to really rely on the truth of God's Word to get them through the difficult times.  They don't have these TV preachers to falsify God's Word, and they need, like the rest of the world, real, genuine Christ-centered preachers to tell them what they need to hear and that no matter what they've gone through or done there is hope.

I don't mean to preach, but I'm just explaining why I want to go overseas.

Plus, one of my favorite movies is John Wayne's Hatari.  The setting is, of course, the African Safari, and it just fascinates me to experience, at least for a week, what they experience day in and day out.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2012, 08:28:26 AM »

I think African Christians would rather have money, but eh.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »

I just received the new schedule options for work.  I had to choose 3 shifts and rank them in order of preference.  My preferences were 5:00-14:00, 5:30-14:30, 7:30-16:30, all Monday-Friday.  I don't think I'll have any trouble whatsoever in getting the 5:00-14:00 shift as from what I know of my coworkers, they will not want to get up that early in the morning to go to work.  If I do indeed get the 5:00-14:00 shift, my breaks and lunch will as follows:

Break 1     6:45-7:00
Break 2     9:00-9:15
Lunch       11:00-12:00

It will be interesting because I will have both breaks before lunch.  It will be nice, though, as I will have no stretch longer than 2 hours.  The past 7 months I've had one stretch every day of 2 hours 45 minutes, which was a very long stretch.

The schedule will start sometime next week.

Also, with this 5:00-14:00 shift, I would have to get up between 3:00 and 3:30 every morning at the very, very latest to get a shower and be out of the house by 4:15 and my optimal bed time hours would be 7:00-9:00 pm.  On the bright side, though, I would be home from work by 2:25 every afternoon, plus I wouldn't fight rush hour traffic.

I would also get my weekends back and be able to go to church on the first day of the week, which is Sunday.  Anytime I miss church on Sunday Morning, my week doesn't go quite right.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »

Thats a stretch? I currently work 9 hours a day, and take a half hour lunch when I manage to find the time to grab something. Before I got this job, I'd work 13 hour days, and the only break I'd get is driving between them. You just get used to it and take what you can.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: January 19, 2012, 12:19:09 AM »

Thats a stretch? I currently work 9 hours a day, and take a half hour lunch when I manage to find the time to grab something. Before I got this job, I'd work 13 hour days, and the only break I'd get is driving between them. You just get used to it and take what you can.

What I mean by "stretch" is a block of work, defined as the time period between breaks/lunch/off clock or any other period that I am not taking calls.  To begin the day, I would have a 1 hour 45 minute block until my 6:45 break. Then, I would have a 2 hour block from 7:00 to my 9:00 break, followed by a 1 hour 45 minute block from 9:15 to my 11:00 lunch, finalized with a 2 hour block from 12:00 to 2:00.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #345 on: January 19, 2012, 04:37:12 AM »

Cereal?

Yeah I found that perplexing as well.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »

Cereal?

Yeah I found that perplexing as well.

Don't worry guys, it's god's will obviously...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #347 on: January 19, 2012, 04:51:50 AM »

Hang on $400 travel agency fee?

That's 1/3 of the ticket price... that's unheard of!!

Unless you mean airport taxes etc?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #348 on: January 19, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »

Hang on $400 travel agency fee?

That's 1/3 of the ticket price... that's unheard of!!

Unless you mean airport taxes etc?

I think he means the fee charged by the very lucky person ripping off whoever booked his trip for him.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #349 on: January 19, 2012, 07:19:17 AM »

It wouldn't be a true Bushie escapade without him being royally scammed in some way.  But I'm sure he'll be along in a minute to justify why it's all okay, and that it's God's will and so on.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies