As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312135 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 31, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »

I have an update on the permanent status...

Today, January 31, I received word that I will be interviewing for a separate position within Dell sometime in early February.  If I succeed in that interview, I will be on permanent in February.  If I don't get that, he has several contigency plans in the cooker ready to activate in early March to get me on permanent.  So, I will definitely be on permanent no later than March.  If that happens, my benefits will take effect by April 1.  Either way, it's looking like my Kenya trip will be unpaid leave, which is unnerving, but my God has called me to go, and i have faith that He will provide.  I've got contingency plans and backup funds available and ready to activate in March for my bills.  So, I'm not worried.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #376 on: January 31, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »

Either way, it's looking like my Kenya trip will be unpaid leave, which is unnerving, but my God has called me to go, and i have faith that He will provide.  I've got contingency plans and backup funds available and ready to activate in March for my bills.  So, I'm not worried.

Sure it's formulaic, and we've seen it a hundred times before, but the writers are returning to a tried and true trope that's entertained the audience in the past. Maybe by putting it in the Africa setting, they'll breathe some new life into the well-worn formula.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #377 on: January 31, 2012, 11:30:40 PM »

Based on my current rate of pay, I will lose roughly $600 for the time I'm gone to Kenya.  I am expecting a decent tax return this year, so that will help mitigate some of that $600, and like I said I've got a backup plan for the rest of the deficit ready to activate.  I'm not worried at all.  The writers can just hush and put down their pens...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #378 on: February 01, 2012, 01:18:01 AM »

It is February 2012 now and that means it is a brand new month.  I am looking forward to this month.  This is my final full month of being a contract employee at Dell.  I will be on permanent either in February or in early March, presumaby within the next 5 weeks.  No, I won't get paid for my time away in Kenya, but I will have a job before AND after I get back, so the unpaid time will be limited to just 7 days (56 hours).  I am really excited about the month that lay ahead.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: February 01, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »

My Kenya trip is completely paid off, except for the spending/visa money which I will take with me.  I just submitted the last $300 a few minutes ago.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #380 on: February 02, 2012, 10:54:43 AM »

Do you have a lil collection plate outside of your house, your church, work, what? 
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #381 on: February 02, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »

Either way, it's looking like my Kenya trip will be unpaid leave, which is unnerving, but my God has called me to go, and i have faith that He will provide.  I've got contingency plans and backup funds available and ready to activate in March for my bills.  So, I'm not worried.

Sure it's formulaic, and we've seen it a hundred times before, but the writers are returning to a tried and true trope that's entertained the audience in the past. Maybe by putting it in the Africa setting, they'll breathe some new life into the well-worn formula.

This reminds me of when John Carter went to Afrika on E.R.  It was good, but made you appreciate Chicago. I hope this is kind of like that. The writers are up to somethign here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: February 02, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »

Do you have a lil collection plate outside of your house, your church, work, what? 

No, I've just been able to fundraise.  God has shown me where and how to get the money.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: February 02, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »

I'm at work on my second 12-9 shift.  I think I might actually like this shift.  I only took 15 calls yesterday and so far only 10 today.  I'm sure glad my supervisor allowed me to come in yesterday, today, and tomorrow as they were my scheduled days off since the new schedule doesn't actually begin until Saturday.  If he hadn't, I would have had only 10 hours on this week's check.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #384 on: February 02, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »

What do you do?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: February 02, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »

I am a Help Desk Technical Support Analyst for Dell.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #386 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »

I see. Glad to see they're still around here. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: February 02, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »

Yep, they're still around.  They have several offices throughout the United States, in places such as Oklahoma City, Round Rock, TX, Twin Falls, ID, Nashville, a few spots in Ohio and North Carolina, and internationally, as well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: February 04, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »

Weight Update:

I have now lost 19 pounds!! I am sitting at a weight of 266.0 down from my peak of 285.0.  Yesterday, I just had a small cheeseburger at lunch from the Dell cafeteria, but no fries, and for my 3:30 dinner I had a small hamburger, no cheese and no fries.  Not the best meal, but it did allow me to lose a pound overnight.  This morning, I am going grocery shopping and will start taking my lunch next week, so I can even cut down the hamburgers.  I am encouraged by the fact I have now lost 19 pounds!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: February 04, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »

I went grocery shopping this morning and spent a fair amount of money getting mostly breakfast and lunch and snack items.  9:30-10:00 is too late for dinner and the only nights I have any chance to be home for general dinner time are Saturday and Sunday, so I decided to get mostly breakfast and lunch items.  My plan is for most mornings is to eat a late breakfast around 10:00 and then have a light lunch during my actual lunch break at 3:30 and then maybe a little snack after I get home.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: February 06, 2012, 12:41:46 AM »

A quick update on Kenya.  As many of you may know, one of our tasks when we get to the East African country is to help build a medical clinic for the Maisha Orphanage.  They just broke ground on it within the past few days and it should be ready for us to help build the walls during the week that we'll actually be on the ground.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: February 06, 2012, 08:27:12 PM »

I just mailed my voter's registration application this morning in favor of the Republican Party so I can vote in the Republican Presidential Primary on Tuesday, March 6, 2012.  I mailed it just in time as the deadline to change parties was February 14.  I'm looking forward to casting my vote for Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.

I may change it back to the Democratic Party in April, though, so I can vote in the Democratic State Primary on Tuesday, June 26, 2012.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #392 on: February 06, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »

A quick update on Kenya.  As many of you may know, one of our tasks when we get to the East African country is to help build a medical clinic for the Maisha Orphanage.  They just broke ground on it within the past few days and it should be ready for us to help build the walls during the week that we'll actually be on the ground.
You're going to be building walls? You know how to do that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #393 on: February 06, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »

I'll probably end up being a "go-for".  It'll be interesting to learn a little masonry.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #394 on: February 06, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »

I'll probably end up being a "go-for".  It'll be interesting to learn a little masonry.

How will you be able to manage any physical labor?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »

How will you be able to manage any physical labor?

I'll be able to manage.  I'll take some Aleve with me and a back brace.  I can do physical labor, and the tasks don't sound to be that strenuous.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »

As of this morning, I have now lost 19 1/4 pounds.  I've changed my diet just a bit.  I'm having a couple bowls of whole grain cereal in the morning (Honey Nut Cheerios right now) and then a couple ham sandwiches for lunch and a small snack when I get home.  I haven't gone out to eat in at least 5 days, which is a record for me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »

Congrats! I'm proud of you! Have you hit the gym yet? I have been keeping in shape too since my c**t of a girlfriend split up with me. That said, I am having pizza and beer tonight while watching the election returns, so its a bit of a cheat meal for me..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2012, 06:19:16 PM »

Congrats! I'm proud of you! Have you hit the gym yet? I have been keeping in shape too since my c**t of a girlfriend split up with me. That said, I am having pizza and beer tonight while watching the election returns, so its a bit of a cheat meal for me..

Thanks, Duke!  I haven't hit the gym, yet, mainly because I can't afford a gym membership.  I've been doing a lot of walking during my lunch hour at work.  I can smell 20 pounds and then some.  Right now, my current weight as of this morning was 265.8 which is down from 285.0 when I first started on November 14.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »

Thanks, Duke!  I haven't hit the gym, yet, mainly because I can't afford a gym membership.  I've been doing a lot of walking during my lunch hour at work.  I can smell 20 pounds and then some.  Right now, my current weight as of this morning was 265.8 which is down from 285.0 when I first started on November 14.
May I suggest calisthenics like push-ups, sit-ups, planks, back flexors, wall sits, leg lifts, etc?  And then down the road, replacing the walking with jogging, and then running?

Oh, and congrats on the progress Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies