As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:31:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313811 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

Congrats! I'm proud of you! Have you hit the gym yet? I have been keeping in shape too since my c**t of a girlfriend split up with me. That said, I am having pizza and beer tonight while watching the election returns, so its a bit of a cheat meal for me..

Thanks, Duke!  I haven't hit the gym, yet, mainly because I can't afford a gym membership.  I've been doing a lot of walking during my lunch hour at work.  I can smell 20 pounds and then some.  Right now, my current weight as of this morning was 265.8 which is down from 285.0 when I first started on November 14.
May I suggest calisthenics like push-ups, sit-ups, planks, back flexors, wall sits, leg lifts, etc?  And then down the road, replacing the walking with jogging, and then running?

Oh, and congrats on the progress Smiley

I will try a few things in the next few weeks and see how it goes.

Thanks for the encouragement, Yelnoc. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #401 on: February 08, 2012, 12:16:53 AM »

Here is what my diet consisted of today:

2 Bowls Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast
2 Ham Sandwiches for lunch
2 Hot Dogs for supper

I am already on track to lose even more weight by tomorrow morning. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #402 on: February 08, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »

2 Hot Dogs for supper

That's a diet?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #403 on: February 08, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »

2 Hot Dogs for supper

That's a diet?

Yeah.. that sounds like the complete opposite. Maybe you have a worm
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »

2 Hot Dogs for supper

That's a diet?

Yeah.. that sounds like the complete opposite. Maybe you have a worm

Well, maybe not in the traditional sense, but it did help me drop another quarter pound this morning to 19 1/2 pounds.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #405 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »

2 Hot Dogs for supper

That's a diet?

While it isnt a balanced or particularly healthy meal plan, I would peg it around 1800-1900 calories and below his metabolic rate.  I mean you could theoretically lose weight eating nothing but Big Macs but that doesnt mean you should.

Bushie, congrats a weight loss thus far.  Keep trying to mix in the exercise and throw in some greens/fruit now and again.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #406 on: February 08, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »

Uh... I hope he's taking a multivitamin or something because that doesn't sound very nutritious at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: February 09, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »

As of this morning, I have now lost just a tick shy of 21 pounds.  I am down to 264.2 doing the same thing I've been doing all this week.  I really believe I can lose another 10 pounds or so before I go to Kenya in 5 weeks.

On the job front, I talked with my Contract Manager yesterday and will to my Account Manager today and my Contract Manager said everything was looking alright.  I didn't get the job that I interviewed for on Monday, but that really should only delay me by 2-4 weeks.  I heard my Account Manager check on the requisition orders that he submitted for my position a couple weeks ago and he's been pressing them to get it done saying that he has a contractor whose contract expires March 8, so he needs it expeditiously.  I was encouraged by that.  I will talk to him this afternoon and see where things stand.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: February 09, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »

I do have an update on the job front from today:

I talked with the Account Manager and he has submitted the req orders earlier this week and they should be back within a couple of weeks because he put a rush on it.  I will still need to go through the interview process once again, and improve on my technical skills. He asked 5 questions in the technical portion of the interview, and I only got one right on this last interview. I have researched and found the answer to at least 3 more of the questions and I should be able to get the last one without sweat.  He really liked my soft skill answers, but I need to improve on the technical side.  He said the ball is basically in my court.  If I can knock those technical questions (all of which are basic knowledge) and do the same with the soft skills, I'll be golden.  His goal is to have me on permanet, or at least give me a start date, by March 1, though it may be slightly after before I actually start.

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »

OOOHHHHH something good is on the horizon!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »

I can see the tides beginning to turn in this thread. Those must be difficult technical questions if you can't even find the answers online!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2012, 10:23:52 AM »

I can see the tides beginning to turn in this thread. Those must be difficult technical questions if you can't even find the answers online!

I have been looking the answers up online and am becoming more efficient.  My goal is just to translate that into the interview room.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #412 on: February 10, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »

I'm hoping Bushie has something to come back to when he returns from Kenya.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #413 on: February 10, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »

See, I think this is a part of the mid season sweeps. Gearing up for a new adventure past Kenya.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »

See, I think this is a part of the mid season sweeps. Gearing up for a new adventure past Kenya.

I hate job search re-runs, Andrew..........booooooooring.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: February 10, 2012, 08:32:31 PM »

I hate job search re-runs, Andrew..........booooooooring.

I have really solidified my responses to the technical questions.  I misspoke last night, though, I said I had gotten 1 out of 5 right, actually that was just the average. I got 2 of 10.  However, I remembered today what the other questions were and found the answers to them and have them written down and practiced them thoroughly and I believe if I were given the interview on Monday, I would have no trouble acing the puppy, going 10/10.

The req orders should officially open up either next week or the week after and I will get an interview shortly after it opens and if I do ace it, I will be starting permanent probably around Monday, March 5, which is about 3 weeks from now.  The ball is really in my court, now, it's mine to lose.

I'm pretty confident.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #416 on: February 12, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »

I am about to get started studying again for my interview, which is comprised of general A+ questions.  There is a pretty good chance the position could officially open up this week.  If it doesn't open this week, it will most likely open next week.  The interview will come within two or three days of the position opening, and the start date probably one or two Mondays after that.  I'm excited about the upcoming week, Week 36.  Month 9 at Dell will officially begin tomorrow, as well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: February 15, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »

A job update:  I was starting to get concerned that my contract was going to expire before I got on permanent since I only have 3 weeks left.  However, that all changed about 7:30 this evening.  I was looking at the Career section of the Dell website and found not one, but four positions open of the same type just different clients.  I applied for all four positions.  I don't know if one of the positions is the one I have been waiting on or not.  If it is, then I have quadrupled my chances and if it is not, i have quintupled my chances, as I would have 5 applications instead of just 1.  I am now waiting on the interview, which should be next week or the week after and then, if i can pass it, like I think I should, I will have no trouble starting sometime early in March.

I was really starting to get concerned that I was going to be looking for a job on March 9, and the writers were going to start a mid-season job search series, but I am more confident that with these 4 or 5 positions, I have a much better chance of getting on permanent!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #418 on: February 16, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »

We shall see. The writers have something for us. This season has started to get stale.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »

I have an update from today:

I found out some really good news. The 4 req orders I applied for don't necessarily correspond to just one position.  One req order could include a class of up to 35 people.  Which, if that's the case, then I've got a lot more opportunities than just the 4 positions, which is already a lot better than just 1 position, which is looking like it may not happen in time for the end of my contract on  March 8.  So, what it is looking like at this time is one or two of those req orders should be about ready to close and the interviews should be about ready to be scheduled.  I imagine I will get an interview on at least one of the positions by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week, which put a start date probably on Monday, March 5 or Monday, March 12 because of the temporary hiring freeze that Dell is implementing the second week of March.  I'm sure with the freeze the managers want to haste things along so they can get in the needed manpower rather than having to wait until the freeze is lifted in April or May.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »

So  you really think  jetting off to Kenya isn't going to screw the chance to get a decent full time job?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »

God has a plan for BuskOK, gramps. This Kenya trip is just part of it. He wouldn't have called him to go if it meant he would lose his job and become destitute once again.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »

God has a plan for BuskOK, gramps. This Kenya trip is just part of it. He wouldn't have called him to go if it meant he would lose his job and become destitute once again.

Sometimes I feel like this comes out of the Book of Job. But alas, I'll leave the brilliance to the writers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »

I do have an update again tonight.  This afternoon, I was told they are extending my contract through the beginning of May.  The hiring freeze will be in effect from March 12-April 18 and will lift on April 19.  My manager is hoping to get the req orders approved next week.  During the freeze, they can still interview and get things ready to rock and roll, they just can't do any HR processing or anything like that.  The plan, from what I've been told, is that if I can hit a home run with this interview, I will be on permanent toward the end of April.  Now, if one of these other positions come calling, it could still be the beginning of March.  The contract extension approval will be official on Monday, and it should be in effect through May 8.  They are doing everything they possibly can to hire me on permanent, it just may be another couple months before it actually happens.  At least, I will have a job before I go to Kenya and a job when I get back.  The three most likely dates for full time conversion are March 5, April 23, and April 30.  If it's with the same account, it will be the April dates.  If it's with another account, it could be any one of the three.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2012, 09:06:50 PM »

I'm trying to decide on something here, and maybe you can help me out.  I have an AT&T interview this Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 8:30 am where they could very well extend a job offer.  Dell is close to, but not quite, a certainty.  AT&T would probably pay a little less and it is governed by a union.  The AT&T position wouldn't start until March 26 (meaning I would have to come home from Kenya a day early), so I would have three weeks to cancel it if Dell produced fruit.  In this instance, is a bird in the hand really worth two in the bush?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies