As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:38:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312240 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2012, 10:12:08 AM »

Eh, if I remember correctly, didn't his parents also tell him that it was a smart move to leave the gas company for that insurance one.

Yep. The infamous "leap of faith" argument. He fell for that when he left the gas company for the scam Australian company that we all knew was a scam except for BushOK and his family.

How can it possibly be bad to accept a job offer if you can get out of it later? That's just free unemployment insurance...

That's what I told him. There's no harm in accepting it if he can cancel later if Dell hires him. It will be a job if Dell doesn't come through. It's like he would rather be unemployed than to work for AT&T.

It's too late, Dukey.  Or haven't you been on FB this morning
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »

I just saw. I think we all know where this will end up. His poor, poor mother.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »

Several new developments have come to light. First, the req order was posted yesterday just after noon, which I applied to the position within 10 minutes of receiving that email.  Second, I wake up this morning and check my work email from home telling me he wants to move very, very rapidly to get me on before the movement freeze.  That means, I could be on permanent by Monday, March 5, which is a week and a half away!!!!  In fact, the chances appear to be growing astronomically that I will be on permanent either right before the freeze or right after the freeze.  I feel very comfortable in withdrawing from AT&T consideration because I have all but been promised a position at Dell.  I have been studying like crazy on the technical questions as well as boning up on some Mac knowledge, which are bonus questions in the interview.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »

If this does work out for you, then excellent. Just don't quite see why anyone would rig the game against themselves (i.e. decrease their chances of employment voluntarily).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #454 on: February 22, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »

If this does work out for you, then excellent. Just don't quite see why anyone would rig the game against themselves (i.e. decrease their chances of employment voluntarily).

I'm confident it will.  I Know it's not the most conventional move, and if I had any less of a certainty, I would have definitely gone this morning.

A weight-loss update:  As of this morning, I have lost 22 pounds, down to 263.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #455 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »

Oh so this might worth reading again it appears.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #456 on: February 22, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »

Yeah, don't give up on this season just yet.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #457 on: February 22, 2012, 01:35:19 PM »

Wow, this might get real good soon.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #458 on: February 22, 2012, 01:55:45 PM »

It is almost a given it will. I'll be shocked if it works out as smoothly as BushOK explains.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #459 on: February 22, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »

I'm confident it will.  I Know it's not the most conventional move, and if I had any less of a certainty, I would have definitely gone this morning.

So, what did you save by not going?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »

So, what did you save by not going?

That's what I still don't understand.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #461 on: February 22, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »

This is maddening yet so entertaining at the same time. I keep giving advice knowing he won't follow it. It's almost the definition of insanity!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »

Things are beginning to move at warp speed.  The req order has already closed, just 24 hours after it opened, and I will have an interview by early next week most likely, possibly this Friday.  I should have a definitive answer by the end of next week.  Everyone around here who is in some kind of authority is saying positive things about my chances because this position requires a secret clearance, which I have, and I'm already trained on the account, so I don't need to be trained.  There are 10 people interviewing for 2 positions, officially.  Plus, as I have already mentioned, I have been studying like crazy on those A+ questions which comprises the interview.  I have also been trying to find Mac info because while those aren't required, they are definitely bonus and can only help.  I feel very confident about my chances.

What did I gain from not going this morning?  I am an impulsive thinker.  If I had received a position from AT&T, knowing who I am, I probably wouldn't have given Dell enough time to do what they needed to do and likely would have put in my 2 weeks too soon and probably missed out on so many blessings.  I'm comfortable with my decision not to go this morning.  Now, I can focus squarely on Dell and preparing for my interview and trying to hit a home run with it.  Even if they tell me no, I will still have about 6 weeks after I get back from Kenya to get another job lined up without having to really panic.  I came to the conclusion that my decision on AT&T would have had to be made prematurely.  I would have had to put in my 2 weeks at Dell next Thursday, March 1 so I can leave before I go to Kenya.  I knew that wouldn't be enough time for Dell to do much of anything, and I did not know about this warp speed last night.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »

This is a masterful bit of plotting by the writers. We all thought that the Kenya episodes would be a ratings gimmick, but instead the impending trip been used to force a decision that otherwise wouldn't make any sense and would break the willing suspension of disbelief. They've managed to weave the season's plot threads together very skillfully and now we'll see it all to come to a head at once in the final third of the season. Really well done.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #464 on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:01 AM »

This is a masterful bit of plotting by the writers. We all thought that the Kenya episodes would be a ratings gimmick, but instead the impending trip been used to force a decision that otherwise wouldn't make any sense and would break the willing suspension of disbelief. They've managed to weave the season's plot threads together very skillfully and now we'll see it all to come to a head at once in the final third of the season. Really well done.

Sorry, Lief, the writers are creating completely different scripts and plots. Scripts and plots that are actually good for the main character.  This season will not have the same turn as the previous seasons have had.  In fact, I'm pretty sure the writers are drumming up another major development possibly in the next few hours from right now, and definitely within the next few days.  The setting will have an abrupt shift for a few episodes from the working, suburban life of Oklahoma City to the slums of Kisumu, Kenya with brief cutaways to Chicago O'Hare, Amsterdam, Nairobi, and Brussels airports.

Oh, and by the way, the writers have no plans to close this season down anytime soon. Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #465 on: February 23, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »

whoa, whoa, whoa... spoiler warning???
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »

New developments...  The interview has been scheduled for tomorrow, that is Friday, February 24, 2012 at 13:00.  I should have a definitive answer sometime next week and could start either Monday, March 5 or Monday, March 12.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2012, 10:42:52 AM »

There are 10 people interviewing for 2 positions, officially. 

K, this is troublesome.  You only have a 20% chance of getting a full time job and you passed up an interview for a full time job.

Is this correct?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2012, 10:46:18 AM »

Oh gurl, I can't wait until next weeks episode now!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »

whoa, whoa, whoa... spoiler warning???

Most certainly. We all know the story would likely end if he gets a job, so I think we can fill in the blanks as to his intention with that comment.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2012, 06:50:03 PM »

There are 10 people interviewing for 2 positions, officially. 

K, this is troublesome.  You only have a 20% chance of getting a full time job and you passed up an interview for a full time job.

Is this correct?

Maybe, however, before we even get to the interview itself, the position requires a secret clearance.  I've got a secret clearance already and I already possess knowledge of the account having worked on it for 9 months, so I know the account.  I've rehearsed these technical questions over and over and over as well as getting some Mac knowledge as well.  I should have no trouble getting this position.  Plus, my manager has repeatedly said he is wanting to get myself and another contracter on permanent instead of having to hire outsiders.  He has to be fair to the other applicants and give them an interview as well, but from he keeps saying as well as others with direct knowledge of the situation is that he wants me.  I just have to hit a home run with this interview.  My goal is not to hit a home run, but hit a grand slam, and almost make him want to ask when can I start tomorrow.  I'm not arrogant going into this interview, but I am very confident.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2012, 10:56:07 PM »

I'm home from a wonderful day of work.  Tonight, I am just going to relax, read my Bible, study a little bit, and then lay down about 1:00 so I can get a good night's sleep.  I am going to try to be at work early tomorrow, maybe around 11:00, to do some last minute studying.  The interview, again, is at 1:00, and I should be out by 1:30.  I should be able to update the forum later in the evening as the calls die down with how I feel I did.  While I likely won't know anything until early to mid week, there is an outside chance I could know tomorrow, especially if I can hit a grand slam.  I am very confident going into this interview in my knowledge.  I feel there is no reason I shouldn't be able to get 10/10 on the technical portion of the interview and plus get at least 3 out of the 5 Mac questions which are all bonus questions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #472 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »

Good Morning! There are 10 questions on today's technical interview.  This morning about 1:30 as I was laying in bed and again this morning when I woke up, I was able to rattle off 30 possible questions and their answers without any hesitation.  I said there were 5 bonus MAC questions.  As of right now, I should be able to answer at least 4 of them.  Surely, out of those 30, 10 should be a piece of cake.  My job today is to make him want to say "when can you start?" I don't know if he will or if he can do that, but my job is to make him want to say that.  I am 3 1/2 hours from my interview.  I'm very confident and sure of myself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #473 on: February 24, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »

Here we go! Best of luck to you, BushOK!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #474 on: February 24, 2012, 10:44:49 AM »

Thanks, Duke!! I should be able to let you know later this evening how things went once the call volume starts slowing down.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies