As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:49:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312199 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: March 01, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

Don't get too greedy, Bushie. You shouldn't be talking about "falling back" on the job you were celebrating just a little while ago.

Is it absolutely sure you have this job? You have a signed contract?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #526 on: March 01, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »

Don't get too greedy, Bushie. You shouldn't be talking about "falling back" on the job you were celebrating just a little while ago.

Is it absolutely sure you have this job? You have a signed contract?

I'm not trying to be greedy.  It is guaranteed, I have signed a contract with the provision that if something better within Dell comes along then I can take it.

I'm not dissing this job at all and I'm not talking "fallback" in a derogatory manner, it's pretty darn good itself, but I can still get an even better job.

I'm celebrating the fact that I will be employed at Dell beyond May 8, regardless of my position.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #527 on: March 02, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »

Something is fishy. Managers try to keep employees they value, not send them off to other departments.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #528 on: March 02, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »

Yesterday, I told my manager had referred me to another manager.  Earlier this afternoon, I get an email that it is for a Computer Operator 2 position with Dell working with the Federal Government.  I have an interview Monday at 4:00 pm.  I've already been sent the Background/Drug Screen form, the Benefits information, and the Conflict of Interest form.  The pay for this position is a lot higher that what I got hired for earlier this week.  It pays just a tick shy of $35,000.  It is not entry level by any means.  With those forms I received earlier, my suspiscion is high that they are really serious about this.

The way it transpired again is my manager reached out to a fellow manager who referred me to her hiring manager who contacted Talent Acquisitions to schedule an interview.  This all happened within 25 hours.  Apparently, they are very serious about me as a candidate if they proceeded to give me the Background/Drug Screen form and the Conflict of Interest form.  From what I've seen in past job interviews the former happens only when they've either made a preliminary decision or are in the process of making a preliminary decision.

I understand it would seem fishy from the outside, Memphis, however, I can assure you this is the way it has transpired.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #529 on: March 02, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »

It seems very fishy. But if you have a signed contract, then there's no harm in looking further. I just wouldn't do anything to risk losing what you already have.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #530 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »

It seems very fishy. But if you have a signed contract, then there's no harm in looking further. I just wouldn't do anything to risk losing what you already have.

The way I feel, if my manager, the one who hired me, initiates it then I'm fine.  I wouldn't be looking elsewhere on my own accord.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:30 PM »

One of my team leads just told me that the background/consent form and the conflict of interest were routine for federal jobs, but with the benefits overview in there, that spices things up a bit.  I'm going to try to keep a level head throughout the weekend going into the interview on Monday.  I'll be too focused on Kenya preparation this weekend anyway.

Tomorrow, I will be attending a Pancake Benefit Breakfast for Kenya from 7:00-10:00 and then will be packing the vast majority of my personal items starting at 11:00.  I have to pack tomorrow, because I have family coming into town next weekend and since I work in the evenings from 12-9, I don't have time of an evening to pack.  Sunday evening, I have a "Packing Party" with the team to pack our supplies that we are going to take with us.  The day before I leave on Thursday, March 15, 2012, I will be working 10-7 instead of 12-9 so I can have the final two hours to tie up loose ends and pack my toiletries and get my carry ons ready to go.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #532 on: March 03, 2012, 12:37:05 AM »

I just sent in my background check/drug screen form and conflict of interest form about 90 minutes ago.  I feel pretty good about this opportunity as I am fresh off two interviews in the past four weeks.  I shouldn't have too much trouble getting it.  Even if I don't though, I've got a very good job in its own right to take and run.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: March 04, 2012, 02:57:33 AM »

I am mostly packed now with my personal belongings.  Later this evening, I am going to pack my supplies at the packing party.  Throughout this coming week, after I get past tomorrow's interview and get past Super Tuesday, I will start making arrangements to make sure my bills are paid during the 10 days I will be gone, and even the rest of the month after I get back home.

On Monday, March 12, 2012, I will get my medication ready to take with me and make sure I have enough of each medication to last me for 10 days and still have enough to last me for quite a while after I get home in case I lose any of the medicine.  I will make sure I have them in the original bottles and such.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012, I will make arrangements with my parents and grandmother to take care of my cat and oversee my house while I'm gone.  I will also schedule the mail to be stopped while I'm gone.

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012, I am taking off work at 6:00 pm to attend a commissioning service for the 25 of us who will be going to Kenya.

On Thursday, March 15, 2012, I am working 10:00-7:00 and my mother will meet me at my house at 7:30 to finalize everything I need.  I can do it myself, but she helps keep me from going crazy and keeps a level head so I can focus on what I need to do.

On Friday, March 16, 2012, I am picking my youth minister up, who is also going to Kenya, from his house by 9:30 am and then my dad will be at my house to pick us up by 11:00.  We'll be to the OKC Airport by 11:45.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #534 on: March 04, 2012, 03:05:35 AM »

Deja vu?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #535 on: March 04, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

Why wouldn't they call you in to personally tell you yes or no.......an email?
I got my internship offer in the mail.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #536 on: March 05, 2012, 03:34:47 AM »

Your mom calms you when you're packing? God, my mother drives me absolutely insane when she tries to involve herself in anything I do.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #537 on: March 05, 2012, 03:59:40 AM »

Your mom calms you when you're packing? God, my mother drives me absolutely insane when she tries to involve herself in anything I do.
Pretty much. Of course than there is passive-agressive dad, but that's not as bad.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: March 05, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »

The interview has been rescheduled for tomorrow at 2:00 pm because the manager is ill today.  I won't be getting much work in tomorrow because the interview will take 60-75 minutes and I'm taking off at 5:00 pm so I can come home and watch Super Tuesday.

The packing party went well, I've got a 50 lb suitcase in my living room full of bed sheets and other supplies.

As of this morning, I have now lost 24 lbs, down to a weight of 261.  I'm hoping to drop into the 250's before I go to Kenya and looking to lose quite a bit of weight while I'm in Kenya.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #539 on: March 05, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »

I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight while I'm in Kenya.

Should be easy enough. All you have to do is drink the water Tongue
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #540 on: March 05, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »

If you want to lose more weight, you should help the tapeworm by working out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #541 on: March 05, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »

I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight while I'm in Kenya.

Should be easy enough. All you have to do is drink the water Tongue

That, on top of a lot of masonry work will do the trick. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:37 AM »

I'm not going to have a whole lot of work today.  I will clock in at 12:00, take my first break at 1:30, go to my interview from 1:45-2:00, have the interview from 2:00-3:10, lunch from 3:30-4:30 and then I'm off work at 5:00 to watch the Super Tuesday results.  I didn't put down Super Tuesday as the reason, rather I put down personal business as the reason.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #543 on: March 06, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »

I'm not going to have a whole lot of work today.  I will clock in at 12:00, take my first break at 1:30, go to my interview from 1:45-2:00, have the interview from 2:00-3:10, lunch from 3:30-4:30 and then I'm off work at 5:00 to watch the Super Tuesday results.  I didn't put down Super Tuesday as the reason, rather I put down personal business as the reason.

Are you really leaving work early, to watch the Super Tuesday results?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #544 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:03 AM »

I hope your boss doesn't read this site!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #545 on: March 07, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »

I hope they do with a comment like that. You're about to take all this time off work to go to Ethopia, or Indonisia.. whever the hell you're going, and you are going to take time off to watch something that can be recoreded? I hope you realize how sad it sounds.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: March 07, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »

I had a really good interview on Tuesday for the Computer Operator 2 position with Dell.  It requires a Secret Security Clearance to even get started.  It doesn't say a candidate must have the ability to obtain, it says the person must possess it before they start.  I was in the interview room for a full hour talking back and forth with the manager and team lead.  I answered every question again forcefully and without hesitation.  The manager wants me to shadow, or listen to calls, with her more seasoned agents for the next 3 days for about 2 hours.  That's a really good sign.  I should have a job offer in my email either today or tomorrow.  The start date on this position would be this coming Monday, March 12, 2012.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #547 on: March 07, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »

The start date on this position would be this coming Monday, March 12, 2012.

Ahem.......Kenya?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #548 on: March 07, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »

I'm starting to think Bushie might not be coming home to a job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: March 07, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »

The start date on this position would be this coming Monday, March 12, 2012.

Ahem.......Kenya?

The manager and I discussed this and she's fine with it, I'll work extra hard the four days I will be there next week and then work extra hard the four days I will be there the week I get back.  I should have a job offer in my inbox sometime tomorrow.  I spent a lot of time with that account today getting a head start on training since I will be gone.  She has basically told me without telling me I will be hired.  She is using sentences like "when you get up here next week", not "if you get up here next week."  Per protocol she can't tell me before Talent Acq tells me, but she told me in a round about way.  I will go back up and spend a bulk of the day up there again tomorrow and Friday.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies