As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:55:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312233 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 08, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »

Didn't you want to move to Arizona before? What happened to that?

I still do, I didn't say I never wanted to leave Oklahoma City, but at least for now, I consider it one of the best big cities in the country.  Big enough to have things to do, small enough to avoid a lot of the problems the major cities have such as New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

The only reason I haven't moved to Arizona, yet, is my financial and employment situation has not been conducive.  I tried moving to Dallas in 2008 and stayed down there for 2 months, but it blew up in my face and I had to move home.  I moved without the guarantee of a stable job.  The only job I had at the time was as a car salesman in Irving.  I know better now, being 4 years older, you don't move away without two things, 1) The written guarantee of a stable job and 2) The financial wherewithal incase the employer doesn't provide relocation assistance.  I plan to stay working here for several years, probably 3 or 4 years and then try to transfer out to a different Dell location.  I will do that if and only if the two criteria mentioned above are met.

Also, with the dawning of this brand new career, I have also learned one thing in the past 2 years, DON'T QUIT YOUR DARN JOB for any reason, especially for something that even has the appearance of criminal activity.  Incidentally, I still have those same type "job" offers come across my email every now and again and when they do, I open them, glance through it, laugh hysterically with a "hahahahahhhaa, NO!", and then the email meets my delete key.  I am more alert and know better how to spot scams a mile off.  There will be no ON-Company/Ameriplan debacle this time around.

I am going to do my absolute best to make my new employer, DSFG (Dell Services Federal Government), be the company I retire from in 30-35 years from now.  I am eligible for 401(k) matching immediately, so I am going to immediately start contributing to it, probably about 2% for now so I don't drain my paycheck, but still start building up the retirement account.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #576 on: March 09, 2012, 07:43:30 AM »

I am going to do my absolute best to make my new employer, DSFG (Dell Services Federal Government), be the company I retire from in 30-35 years from now. 

Two questions for you.

1. Why did you bother to abbriviate your employer, if you were just going to spell it out?
2. Do you really expect this company to be around for that long? It's got to be a sad life if you work there, and you expect to be doing that job, at the same company the rest of your life.

Hell, if I thought I was going to be doing the sales work I do now for the rest of my life, or working for the same company for the next 20 years, I'd probably put a bullet in my head now.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #577 on: March 09, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »

Just a few pointers…

Also, with the dawning of this brand new career, I have also learned one thing in the past 2 years, DON'T QUIT YOUR DARN JOB for any reason, especially for something that even has the appearance of criminal activity.

you should never quit a job without having an offer letter in hand from another reputable company, regardless of the state of the economy.

---

I am eligible for 401(k) matching immediately, so I am going to immediately start contributing to it, probably about 2% for now so I don't drain my paycheck, but still start building up the retirement account.

!) Make sure you are AT LEAST contributing at the level to get the full match, cause it’s free money…

2) then, with the rest of the money, do whatever you have to do to pay off any, and all, debt…

3) after your debt is paid off, stay out of debt, completely

4) then live in a way that allows you to put aside AT LEAST 6 months worth of living expenses and make sure it is liquid (not in a 401K).  Emergencies can and do come up, some of which you have experienced over the last couple of years.

5) and whatever else is leftover, save up for the lifestyle you want to live until you get to the point that you can reach that lifestyle while still adhering to points 1 through 4 above.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #578 on: March 09, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »

I have received and accepted the job offer at 11:50 am. The start date is Monday, March 12, 2012. I will find out the hours today.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #579 on: March 09, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

I have received and accepted the job offer at 11:50 am. The start date is Monday, March 12, 2012. I will find out the hours today.

Again, are you absolutely certain that your Kenya thing isn't going to interfere with this?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #580 on: March 09, 2012, 04:10:06 PM »

I read the letter wrong. The start date is Tuesday, March 13, 2012.  I will be off boarding from my contractor position at 3:30 when I will start a 3 day weekend before I begin my official Dell Career at 8:00 am.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #581 on: March 09, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »

Again, are you absolutely certain that your Kenya thing isn't going to interfere with this?

I am 100% positive. My new manager is perfectly okay with it per her own mouth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #582 on: March 09, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »

I am officially no longer a temporary employee.  I am home to begin a three day weekend preparing for the first day of my Dell Career beginning Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 0800.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #583 on: March 09, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »

kinky!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #584 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »

kinky!

Get your mind out of the gutter, please. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #585 on: March 10, 2012, 12:07:56 AM »

Having Monday off will give me a great chance to make final arrangements here at home for Kenya.  I need to go by the bank, the post office, the barber, get my bills scheduled to pay while I'm gone, clean out my car, get my medication ready, call my temporary employment liaison out in California to finalize things and then get to bed early to begin my Career.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #586 on: March 10, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »

I like how career was capitalized. Well done.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #587 on: March 10, 2012, 05:57:24 AM »

I had a weird dream last night that I got infracted for something I said yesterday. I'm almost positive I did say something though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #588 on: March 10, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »

I had a weird dream last night that I got infracted for something I said yesterday. I'm almost positive I did say something though.

Are you sure it was a dream? Tongue

It goes to show the writers showed favor to the main character in this storyline.  The writers are hard at work preparing the next episode, which will include job reports, Kenya analysis, and whatever else the writers want to add.  There will probably be no specific lady, other than my mother, in any of the near future episodes, though I could be wrong.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #589 on: March 10, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »

It goes to show the writers showed favor to the main character in this storyline.  The writers are hard at work preparing the next episode, which will include job reports, Kenya analysis, and whatever else the writers want to add.  There will probably be no specific lady, other than my mother, in any of the near future episodes, though I could be wrong.

So, did this change networks to CMT or something?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #590 on: March 10, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »

So, did this change networks to CMT or something?

It may have, you never know!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #591 on: March 10, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »

Calling it now: BushOK comes back to the United States with an African bride.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #592 on: March 10, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »

Calling it now: BushOK comes back to the United States with an African bride.

Well, my friend from college who went to Haiti as a missionary found himself a Haitian bride!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #593 on: March 10, 2012, 07:14:44 PM »

I was thinking about something last night.  When I first applied for the temporary assignment at Dell on Wednesday, March 22, 2011, I was told it would be a 9-month contract-to-hire employment.  I started my temporary assignment on Monday, June 13, 2011 at 8:00 am.  I will begin my Career with Dell and its subsidiary Dell Services Federal Government, Inc. on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 8:00 am, EXACTLY 9 months later.  That is no coincedence.  It's not only 9 months to the day, but 9 months to the second.

This Tuesday, I will begin Month 10 of steady work at the same building and Month 1 of my permanent career.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: March 11, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »

It needs no introduction, but this week is a BIG week in my life, probably the biggest I've ever had, and I don't use that lightly.  Two major things will happen in the life of this nearly 30-year-old bachelor from Harrah, Oklahoma.  I will be beginning a new Career with the Federal Government in just under 40 hours.  Also, I will be leaving the United States for the first time in my life going to a place halfway across the world in a completely different environment than my comfort zone in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and her suburbs.  I am very, very excited and in awe of what is going to happen this week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: March 12, 2012, 05:38:31 AM »

I am awake after another rough night's sleep.  I went to bed a little before 9:00 pm, but could not sleep no matter what I tried. Finally, at 11:50 pm, I woke up for about 20-25 minutes and then went back to bed and was able to sleep the rest of the morning until my alarm went off at 4:42.  I got out of bed at 4:49 am.  Why did I get up this early on my day off?  I am practicing my routine for tomorrow morning when I have to get up at 5:00 am or a little before.  Plus, I have a lot to do today to get ready to leave Friday.  This is my last opportunity to do things I need to do that require to be done during business hours.  I work the next three days 8-5, so this is my last best opportunity.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #596 on: March 12, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »

Make sure you get in writing that they're letting you take off for your trip...

I will do that. Smiley

Before accepting the job... Wink

So you did NOT get it in writing, correct?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:26 AM »

I will do that. Smiley

My money is on no.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »

I will do that. Smiley

My money is on no.

You would have lost money, then. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »

I'm about to hit the sack within the next 30 minutes after The Voice.  I'm really looking forward to beginning my career tomorrow morning at 8:00 am!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies