As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:05:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312176 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 12, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »

Again, are you absolutely certain that your Kenya thing isn't going to interfere with this?

I am 100% positive. My new manager is perfectly okay with it per her own mouth.

Make sure you get in writing that they're letting you take off for your trip...

I will do that. Smiley

Before accepting the job... Wink

So you did NOT get it in writing, correct?

My money is on no.

You would have lost money, then. Smiley
Unexpected twist in the plot.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #601 on: March 13, 2012, 05:57:29 AM »

I'm now just about 2 hours from the beginning of my Career with Dell Services Federal Government.  I finally slept a full 7 1/2 hours last night thanks to taking some Tylenol before going to bed.  I crawled in bed at 9:15 pm and woke up at 4:47 am.  I got a nice, warm shower, and read about 15 minutes in my Bible this morning.  I'm watching the news now until 6:45 am and then will head to work.  I will be off work at 5:00 tonight, so I will be able to watch the Mississippi & Alabama primaries.  While I watch the primaries tonight, I've got several other things I need to do to get ready for the trip.  I've got to get my medication ready, get my digital camera ready, get my bills scheduled to pay for the time I will be gone, as well as several other things that I need to do.  Tonight is my last real good night to do things as tomorrow night I will be attending the Kenya Commissioning Service at 7:00 pm and then Thursday night, I will be finishing things up and having dinner with part of the team.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #602 on: March 13, 2012, 07:39:49 PM »

I had a really nice day to begin my Career with Dell Services Federal Government.  I think I will really enjoy this account.  I've got two more days of work until I leave for Africa.  The next two days will largely be orientation and then heavy training after I get back.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #603 on: March 14, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »

Bro, you should try taking melatonin to sleep. I haven't been able to get rest in months, but once I pop 6mgs of that stuff every night I am out like a light.

So you're a government bureaucrat now??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #604 on: March 15, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »

I've got one more day of work today before I leave for Africa.  Today, I will be getting my CAC card to get into the US Army systems.  I'll have to go to Tinker AFB to do so.  I'll also be maneuvering the systems.

Then, my mother is coming over tonight at 6:00 to help me get things buttoned up.  She helps me from going insane when I'm trying to finish things up.  Plus, I want to spend time with her and Dad tonight since I won't see them for 11 days.  I've gone longer seeing them, of course, but I've never been as far away.  The farthest I've ever been from them was them in Oklahoma City and me in Boston.  This is a lot further than Boston.  I will be going to bed around midnight Friday morning and get up at 6:00 am, pick my youth minister up at 9:00, and my Dad will pick us up from my house at 11:00 so we can be to the airport by 11:30-11:45.  Departure to Chicago is at 2:56 pm tomorrow.  I'll probably post once tonight and one final time tomorrow, and then will not post again until I get home, the evening of Monday, March 26, 2012.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #605 on: March 15, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »

Bro, you should try taking melatonin to sleep. I haven't been able to get rest in months, but once I pop 6mgs of that stuff every night I am out like a light.

So you're a government bureaucrat now??

Melatonin is what one of my friends on facebook suggested.  I will try that after I get home from Kenya.

As far as the government bureaucrat thing?  I don't make the rules and I don't control anything in the government, except trying to fix their computers.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #606 on: March 15, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »

I've got one more day of work today before I leave for Africa.  Today, I will be getting my CAC card to get into the US Army systems.  I'll have to go to Tinker AFB to do so.  I'll also be maneuvering the systems.

Huh, so this is how Skynet will kill us all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #607 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »

Sigh. No use in coming to this forum until he's back. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #608 on: March 15, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »

Sigh. No use in coming to this forum until he's back. Sad

He said he was going to post on his FB and I"m sure it will be a blow by blow description......enjoy it there, Dukey.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #609 on: March 15, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »

Someone who is FB friends with him please post the highlights here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #610 on: March 15, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

I sometime go to his profile just to see his profile picture: a map of Kenya. One of the best acts in history.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: March 15, 2012, 06:45:50 PM »

My Kenyan Vacation has begun and I am completely packed.  I have said goodbye to my mother for the final time until I return.  My father will pick me up and take me to the airport at 11:00 tomorrow (I don't want to leave my car in airport parking for 11 days).  I will have my laptop with me with access to WiFi.  I probably will only have no more than an hour or two each night.  I will not post on the forum while I'm gone, but I will post on facebook and upload pics to the same as we go along.  I will be away from any kind of internet from 8:00 am tomorrow until at least late evening Sunday in Kenya (mid-afternoon on Sunday in Oklahoma).  Wednesday evening, Kenya time, which is Wednesday afternoon in Oklahoma, I will get online and check the results of the Illinois Primary.  So, its possible I may pop onto the forum for just a brief bit that evening. Not sure, yet.  I won't be able to check the Louisiana results until I get home.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #612 on: March 15, 2012, 07:51:41 PM »

I won't be able to check the Louisiana results until I get home.

THANKS, KENYA
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: March 15, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »

To kick off my Kenya Vacation, I thought it would be a good opportunity to watch John Wayne's Hatari situated in an Eastern African Safari!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #614 on: March 15, 2012, 10:28:21 PM »

Am I allowed to? He's had some good ones lately.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: March 15, 2012, 10:42:09 PM »

Maybe Inks or Mikado can advise, but isn't posting excerpts from someone's facebook status update a violation of the ToS?  I would strongly encourage anyone to reconsider.  If I post things from my own facebook, fine, but no one needs to post my information for me.  I'm not getting mad at anyone, but trying to save a few death points from getting administered. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2012, 07:47:16 AM »

I am awake to get this Kenya Mission Trip started.  This will likely be my final post until I return in 10 1/2 days.  Like I said, I may or may not pop in Wednesday to check the Illinois results, but I won't get back to full posting until I get home.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2012, 08:55:43 AM »

Maybe Inks or Mikado can advise, but isn't posting excerpts from someone's facebook status update a violation of the ToS?  I would strongly encourage anyone to reconsider.  If I post things from my own facebook, fine, but no one needs to post my information for me.  I'm not getting mad at anyone, but trying to save a few death points from getting administered. Smiley

For the record, I agree. I don't think posting that your profile picture is a map of Kenya is the same as posting your status updates though. Wink
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:55 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2012, 02:25:27 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Maybe Inks or Mikado can advise, but isn't posting excerpts from someone's facebook status update a violation of the ToS? 

In answer to your query: If you yourself have posted information in the public domain, it is not a violation of the "invasive of a person's privacy" provision of the TOS for someone to post it here, for you yourself have already made it public.  On the other hand, if the information is only available to your friends on Facebook and not available to the viewing public, then posting of said information would be a violation of the TOS.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #619 on: March 16, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2012, 11:56:24 AM by fezzyfestoon »

Oooooh, DEATH points?! When did this come about?!

EDIT: Ugh, boring...just another name for infraction points...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »

Anything non-public shouldn't be posted without permission.  That being said, unless you reported it (since you update this thread fairly often, and are 99.9% likely to have seen it), it probably wouldn't get infracted, since you didn't report it.  For example, BRTD has said he is ok with people posting stuff like PMs and his sayings in hte IRC chat.  So I wouldn't infract people for doing that to him.  (Although if it was something really negative, I'd probably still check with him).
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #621 on: March 17, 2012, 03:08:15 AM »

Well, his plane has landed in Amsterdam. I'm trying to imagine Bushie there.... Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #622 on: March 17, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »

Someone should do running commentary of what they imagine Bushie is doing on each day of his trip.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #623 on: March 17, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »

Someone should do running commentary of what they imagine Bushie is doing on each day of his trip.

Oh we'll just summarize his FB without copying it and violating any rule.  Our imagination doesn't come close to being as funny as his reality.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #624 on: March 17, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »

Well, his plane has landed in Amsterdam. I'm trying to imagine Bushie there.... Smiley

Presumably doing just about precisely the opposite of what I would be doing. And having lived a summer in Amsterdam, I know where to do it!  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies