As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:47:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312232 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: March 29, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »

I apologize
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #651 on: March 29, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »

Did you visit the hospital in Nairobi where Obama was really born?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #652 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »

bushie, im really not trying to be a smartass.  but *slow down*.   you were saying the *exact same things* with your last fiance.  you kept saying 'im going to take it slow.'  'it wont happen until xxxx at the earliest...'   and look what happened.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #653 on: March 29, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »

bushie, im really not trying to be a smartass.  but *slow down*.   you were saying the *exact same things* with your last fiance.  you kept saying 'im going to take it slow.'  'it wont happen until xxxx at the earliest...'   and look what happened.

I completely understand where you are coming from Ray and that's something I am taking into consideration.  However, when God tells me something that is unmistakeably coming from Him, I cannot ignore it.

To the rest of you on this thread in the past couple pages, it really speaks to my heart that both believers and non-believers (like most of the forum) are being very supportive of this and I really do value all the constructive thoughts I have received.  I have not seen any negative thoughts, just "be absolutely sure" thoughts.  I really appreciate those.  That also confirms to me that my God is behind this because He is causing believers and non-believers alike to coalesce around this idea and get behind me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #654 on: March 29, 2012, 07:30:27 PM »

The more you guys insist on telling him to "slow down" before he speeds headfirst into the next crash in his ongoing train wreck of a life, the more he picks up speed.  Try reverse psychology instead.  Maybe that will work.

Or... perhaps someone should try and communicate with him posing as this 'God' fellow.  He seems to actually listen to him (though I'm at a loss to know how).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #655 on: March 29, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »

WALTER MITTY'S REAL NAME IS RAY?

the plot thickens
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #656 on: March 29, 2012, 08:19:35 PM »

I completely understand where you are coming from Ray and that's something I am taking into consideration.  However, when God tells me something that is unmistakeably coming from Him, I cannot ignore it.

To the rest of you on this thread in the past couple pages, it really speaks to my heart that both believers and non-believers (like most of the forum) are being very supportive of this and I really do value all the constructive thoughts I have received.  I have not seen any negative thoughts, just "be absolutely sure" thoughts.  I really appreciate those.  That also confirms to me that my God is behind this because He is causing believers and non-believers alike to coalesce around this idea and get behind me.

Alright I'll bite and be a jerk....

You are very bad at interpreting the Atlas Forum reaction.  Perhaps you should dwell upon your interpretations of what God is telling you.   From a relief perspective, you are also lacking in qualifications to help the people of Kenya. What skills are you bringing to the table? Some misplaced guilt and a savior complex is not enough.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #657 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »

You are very bad at interpreting the Atlas Forum reaction.  Perhaps you should dwell upon your interpretations of what God is telling you.   From a relief perspective, you are also lacking in qualifications to help the people of Kenya. What skills are you bringing to the table? Some misplaced guilt and a savior complex is not enough.

What I lack in "qualifications" is quickly overshadowed by the qualifications of my God.  I do have some qualifications, though.  The main thing I would probably be doing is helping run the Maisha Orphanage from the ground.  The headquarters is in Oklahoma City, but on the ground, they need men. They have a few men who are working their tails off trying to make sure all the kids and widows are accounted for and known by name, plus one of them travels back and forth to the slums each day and ministers to them.  God didn't call me to be qualified, He called me to be available and ready to be used for His Kingdom.  If I'm available and willing in whatever task I am given, then I have enough qualifications.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #658 on: March 29, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »

I doubt he will be expected to do skilled labor.  I'm sure somebody other than Delta is making money off of his missionary trip.  Probably part of a larger scheme.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #659 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »

God is starting to define my mission and purpose for going down there.  The men at Maisha oversee the day to day operations at Maisha and communicate with the business office in Oklahoma City.  They need men.  I would join them in overseeing the day to day operations on the ground.  Secondly, I would be learning the Luo dialect of SW Kenya, and the Swahili language, but then I would also be learning the Luo dialects of neighboring Uganda and Tanzania as my ministry will hopefully expand into those countries, as well.

My biological brother is now on board which will make it easier to talk to my parents when the time comes later on this year to break the news to them.  I want to give them a full year to prepare themselves for their baby boy living 10,000 miles away, which would put my departure around the end of 2013 or the beginning of 2014.

There's a lot of preparation that must take place in the next 18-24 months, so I'm not anywhere near ready right now mentally, physically, spiritually, or emotionally.  I say I could leave next month if called upon, but I am not ready, yet.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #660 on: March 29, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »

Over/under on Bush returning to Africa by May Sweeps?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #661 on: March 29, 2012, 09:40:02 PM »

WALTER MITTY'S REAL NAME IS RAY?

n00b
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #662 on: March 29, 2012, 09:42:30 PM »

Over/under on Bush returning to Africa by May Sweeps?

Not gonna happen.  I am mentally, spiritually, physically, and emotionally not ready to do it, yet.

However, "endorsements" are piling up.  THe latest is my biological brother and also my college friends who are missionaries to China.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #663 on: March 30, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »

Or... perhaps someone should try and communicate with him posing as this 'God' fellow.  He seems to actually listen to him (though I'm at a loss to know how).

Would God have an R-Israel avatar?  Or is God American?

Also, will there be a Kony 2012 / BushOK crossover episode this year?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #664 on: March 30, 2012, 01:32:47 AM »

Did you visit the hospital in Nairobi where Obama was really born?

Everyone knows that Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya. Lines 8 and 11 of this document prove it.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #665 on: March 30, 2012, 06:06:50 AM »

Good Friday Morning! I had another little confirmation last night, or reassurance I guess you could call it.  I asked God if this is truly from Him, and not something from my own desire, then to let me sleep and not even think about it.  What happened?  I slept like a baby for 7 hours.  I went to bed at 10:15 and woke up at 5:15 am.  After having slept on it for a night, I've got a game plan.

Work in Oklahoma at Dell for the next 24 months supporting myself and my children, as well as being there for my biological American family and my adopted American sister.
In Autumn 2012, I want to start making preparations to raise the funds, secure employment, find a place to live that will accomodate myself and my two children.
In January 2013, I want to be able to fill my parents into what is going on.
In March 2013, I will make a return visit to Maisha and possibly go again in the Autumn 2013.
Be on the ground and moved to celebrate my 32nd birthday on April 29, 2014.

Of course, God can always change things either sooner or later, but this is how I'm seeing the time line after having slept on it.

So, nothing immediate except raising funds to go back next March and fulfilling my responsibilities at Dell and to my American and African families.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #666 on: March 30, 2012, 06:09:33 AM »

You are a better Christian then I- I commend you for your dedication to doing God's work
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #667 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »

Why don't you just adopt your children and move them to Oklahoma with you? Like Brad and Angelina?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #668 on: March 30, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »

Crap. I just read through the last few pages. BushOK will be in Kenya by the end of the summer, if not sooner. I have seen this story a million times.

Or, could he throw us a curve ball like with his job and actually do what he says? That's what makes this season so good!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #669 on: March 30, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »

I'm bothered by the timelines......those are certainly not coming from a divine power.   
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #670 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:36 AM »

When you have a host of personal problems and issues, just "adopt" a couple of kids, and it will all get better. You will no longer feel so alone. This meme in various forms has been repeating itself since time began. This is just the latest iteration.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #671 on: March 30, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »

torie is basically correct.

bushie, the reason you want to go back to kenya is because of your 'kids'.  you long to have a 'family' and unconditional love.  the very same reasons you rushed into your engagements.

to paraphrase jack kerouac...l love love.  and apparently so do you.  it is perfectly human.  but you have to stop and think things through with a clear head.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #672 on: March 30, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2012, 11:09:34 AM by Simfan34 »

It may not be a Biblical phrase per se, but the Bible does say that God helps those who helps themselves.

Bushie, you need to help yourself. I've just landed yourself a well-paying job- a federal job, and you want to go away and live in Africa. Let me say this: there are many opportunities in Africa- my mother is the oldest of seven siblings yet the most successful is the youngest, who stayed in Ethiopia! Africa is a rising continent, and if you have a quick wit, or some kind of talent, you can make a name for yourself. Perhaps even train a calling center.

But you must keep these children in mind. If you truly care for them, you will realize that the plan you've drawn for yourself doesn't add up- you won't be able to care for them. Africa is a rough place, and you have people who in two continents who are now depending upon you. Do you really think that you'll be to provide for them as a minister in Africa?

Are you willing and able to help yourself?

A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.
Proverbs 29:11
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #673 on: March 30, 2012, 12:12:40 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2012, 12:32:44 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

Good Friday Morning! I had another little confirmation last night, or reassurance I guess you could call it.  I asked God if this is truly from Him, and not something from my own desire, then to let me sleep and not even think about it.  What happened?  I slept like a baby for 7 hours.  I went to bed at 10:15 and woke up at 5:15 am.  After having slept on it for a night, I've got a game plan.

You know, I never followed the Update thread, so I am not familiar with the way you think God communicates in an active relationship.  But is this your normal modus operandi...always setting out a series of (very minor) fleeces in order to determine “God’s will” for your life?

First, I am NOT a subscriber of the ideal that you have to chronically seek “God’s will” in your life (e.g. “The Purpose Driven Life”).  His will for you is already stated point blank in scripture – there is no need to seek it, it is already given to you.

Would you be doing God’s work if you went to Africa and helped them meet their spiritual and physical needs?  Absolutely.  But you would also be doing God’s work by helping out in your current community in OK.

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.”

Second, even though Gideon put out a fleece before God in Judges ch6, it wasn’t necessary, for God had already spoken to him.  Gideon was just acting like Moses did - doubting what God actually told him.  In the New Testament, where is there a single example of someone putting a fleece before God?  Christians are supposed to be led by the Holy Spirit, not fleeces.

If you think God is leading you to move to Africa, then why doesn’t God simply call you to go to Africa?

John 10:4 “his sheep follow him because they know his voice.”

God gives you the freedom of choice to go serve him in Africa, and he also gives you the freedom of choice to continue to serve him in OK...but don't think God predominate will for your life is to pack your bags and move unless he is actually asking you to do so:

1Cor 7:20 "Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him."

Are you attempting to convince people God is calling you to go to Africa simply due to your interpretation of these fleeces?  Again, I ask: is this your normal modus operandi – taking everything as a sign from God?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »

Ok, now it gets good: jm is breaking out the Biblical quotes!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies