As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:46:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312126 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: March 30, 2012, 07:58:36 PM »

PM this status update to me ASAP you fools!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #701 on: March 30, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »

This is my facebook, so I can post the status update if I want.  It doesn't contain any personal information.

"I'm starting to slowly turn into an African. I decided to go onto CNN international and found an article that I took delight in that oil has been discovered in my capitol city of Nairobi. President Mwai Kibaki calls it a major breakthrough. I am starting to call President Kibaki my president! I'm going to try to learn as much about my new home before I move there as I can. So, when I refer to my President I could be referring to Mwai Kibaki or Barack Obama, so I will distinguish them by name."

What can I say, I'm going to do every bit of research I can think of about my new home over the next two or three years until I get home.  Just because my earthly address may change, my passions are not.  I will still be interested in American politics, but I will add Kenyan politics as well as those of the nations surrounding me, Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan, Ethiopia, and Somalia.  I will probably not leave the forum, as I will still keep updated on American politics especially if I'm in Kenya during the 2014 US Mid-Terms.  I'll be making a regular appearance in the International Election boards.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #702 on: March 30, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »

Moving to Kisumu, Kenya in 2-3 years will no doubt be a huge change for me.  The biggest change in my life since Jesus came into my heart nearly 26 years ago.  The health care system is not as modern as it is in the United States or in most of Europe.  The life expectancy of Kenya is 55 years, brought down largely by the HIV/AIDS epidemic (which according to Wikipedia, is declining among children), and relatively high maternal mortality.  I am well aware that I may not have access to as great of a health care system as I would in the United States.  I will keep a dual citizenship and will keep my primary doctors here in Oklahoma and come back for checkups with them every year.  If I have a minor medical need, I can probably go to the Kisumu or Nairobi Hospitals.  If I have anything major, I will try to purchase a plane ticket to come back to Oklahoma to take care of it.  I realize that may not always be possible or even expedient.  With that, I am fully prepared that my life expectancy could be cut a little short because of the financial and medical access.  I am giving God my entire life and my very being, so just like in America, when He chooses to take me to my real, Heavenly home, I’ll be ready.  I’m not trying to be morbid here, but this is one of the realities I could face just because I still am sporting a human body full of disease and riddled with sin.  I come back to what the Apostle Paul says, “For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain.”  I could still live to be an old man or I could go home early.  Which ever happens, if I’m following my Christ step by step, I’ll be ready no matter when He comes to get me.  Again, not trying to be morbid here or wishing anything or even predicting anything, I’m just laying out facts and possible scenarios and making ready myself for whatever God brings my way.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #703 on: March 31, 2012, 12:44:27 AM »

WTF??

Bushie,

When God starts "talking" to people, bad things usually happen.  See Iraq....

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #704 on: March 31, 2012, 06:58:43 AM »

I really find it hard to read these threads, and Bushies status updates on facebook. I think the bigger personal problem/issue that I have is that once again, anyone who doesn't say they are on board with him moving are being ignored. The talks of calling a Africa his home, and these kids his children. I dunno anymore man. I think the writers are really starting to throw us a curve ball here. I wouldn't be surprised if for May sweeps, bushie is packed and moving.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #705 on: March 31, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »

"I'm starting to slowly turn into an African."

Didn't you use very similar language when you were first dating your last fiancee, "I can feel myself slowly starting to fall in love with her?" (or language similar to that), after you'd known her for like a month and wanted to plan your wedding proposal?  Sounds an awful lot like talking yourself into believing that you love something when you really don't know enough about it yet.  (Assuming any of this is real.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #706 on: March 31, 2012, 07:53:48 AM »

Why have we not seen pictures of our dear friend on his trip?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #707 on: March 31, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »

Why have we not seen pictures of our dear friend on his trip?

This show doesn't have the budget to film on location.  But if the ratings increase, then they might be able to afford to make a Kenya flashback episode.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #708 on: March 31, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »

BushOK is "trimming" his friends on Facebook. This might be a Kenyan custom but it hasn't been confirmed. Anyway, I survived the first round. My hopes are with the rest of you that you may survive.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #709 on: March 31, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »

BushOK is "trimming" his friends on Facebook. This might be a Kenyan custom but it hasn't been confirmed. Anyway, I survived the first round. My hopes are with the rest of you that you may survive.

Lucky you, I didn't make it. I guess he didn't like people telling him other than what he wants to hear. I'm heart broken Sad Why has my god forsaken me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #710 on: March 31, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »

I am indeed trimming my friends on facebook, which I promised to do right after I got home earlier this week.  Several people did not survive the first round, but I will not mention any names.

Anyway, tomorrow is Sunday, April 1, 2012, the very beginning of my initial preparation for the big move.  I initially wanted to move by May 1, 2014, however, I have a contract on this house with the City of Midwest City that expires September 1, 2014, and I don't want to interrupt my preparation for Christmas, plus you never know what the winter will bring in Oklahoma.  Based on that, i'm pushing my projected move date back to April 1, 2015 just before my 33rd birthday.  God can, of course, change things, and i have to be ready if He says "Go" before my projected date.  I also have to be prepared to wait if He says "Wait".  The April 1, 2015 date is my projected timeline.  I've got a lot to do in the next 36 months, and it will probably take all 36 months to really get me prepared for the big move.  This is one process I do not want to rush as I still have work to do in Oklahoma.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #711 on: March 31, 2012, 09:54:52 AM »

Is this guy real?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: March 31, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »

Lucky you, I didn't make it. I guess he didn't like people telling him other than what he wants to hear. I'm heart broken Sad Why has my god forsaken me.

Just because you or anyone didn't make the cut, doesn't mean I don't count you as friends, because I do.  I just need feedback that is founded on the Word of God and bathed in prayer and wisdom.  I may re-add people at a later time, I'm certainly not ruling that out.  Plus, advice aside, I am trying to provide a positive example for my adopted American sister so when she sees my news feed, she will see a Christian legacy.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #713 on: March 31, 2012, 10:18:17 AM »

Opebo and I were horsing around earlier- but you need to be careful over there... sexual diseases are rampant
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #714 on: March 31, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »

Opebo and I were horsing around earlier- but you need to be careful over there... sexual diseases are rampant

Yeah, I'm sure he got plenty of action over there. Hope he was careful!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #715 on: March 31, 2012, 10:31:36 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure he got plenty of action over there. Hope he was careful!
He is aiming to have children over there...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #716 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »

I feel like we need to send out a mission to this guy in OC and talk him out of it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #717 on: March 31, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »

Just because you or anyone didn't make the cut, doesn't mean I don't count you as friends, because I do.  I just need feedback that is founded on the Word of God and bathed in prayer and wisdom.

Then why are you still posting in this thread?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BushOK's Facebook profile is just like the rapture!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #718 on: March 31, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »

Just because you or anyone didn't make the cut, doesn't mean I don't count you as friends, because I do.  I just need feedback that is founded on the Word of God and bathed in prayer and wisdom.

Then why are you still posting in this thread?

Probably two reasons:

A) I can take the advice, I just don't want the young people on my friends list to see and put to mind the advice that is not bathed in prayer.

B) I'm a glutton for punishment.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BushOK's Facebook profile is just like the rapture!

[/quote]

The trip to Kenya and the revelations that God has shown me in the days following Kenya have done a good job of refocusing my priorities.  My priorities are now Christ-centered and trying to advance His Kingdom.  I will still have my passions for politics, sports, and weather, but they will include Kenya politics, sports, and weather as well as American.  I also will still have fun.  My fun will just be directed in what will bring Jesus the most glory.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #719 on: March 31, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »

yes, but he is emotionally underdeveloped or even retarded and has at least one if not several anxiety/attachment disorders.  such is why I can't enjoy taking part in these circuses.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #720 on: March 31, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »

yes, but he is emotionally underdeveloped or even retarded and has at least one if not several anxiety/attachment disorders.  such is why I can't enjoy taking part in these circuses.

wrong on all accounts.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #721 on: March 31, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »

you've already confirmed that you have obsessive-compulsive disorder, which is an anxiety disorder, so you either a) were lying or b) I am right on at least one count.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #722 on: March 31, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »

Bushie, here are your new MPs:

Nyong'o, Peter Anyang' (Kisumu Rural), ODM
Shabbir Ahmed Shakeel Ahmed (Kisumu Town East), ODM
John Olago Aluoch (Kisumu Town West), ODM

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #723 on: March 31, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »

Bushie, here are your new MPs:

Nyong'o, Peter Anyang' (Kisumu Rural), ODM
Shabbir Ahmed Shakeel Ahmed (Kisumu Town East), ODM
John Olago Aluoch (Kisumu Town West), ODM

Where's the like button?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: March 31, 2012, 11:47:39 AM »

you've already confirmed that you have obsessive-compulsive disorder, which is an anxiety disorder, so you either a) were lying or b) I am right on at least one count.

I do have OCD, you're right, but that's not an emotional disorder.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies