As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:57:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312229 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: April 02, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »

F[inks]... he's treating these children just like he treated Tiffanye (or whatever). Known them for less than a month and he already loves them like his own to the point that he's willing to die for them!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #826 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »

This is just a disaster waiting to happen...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #827 on: April 02, 2012, 10:16:05 PM »

Normally I'd say having the protagonist move to Kenya would be a gimmicky event and a likely shark jumping event, but maybe the writers can get this one to work.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #828 on: April 02, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »

I respect her authority over mine, but at the same time, I am providing their financial support so I am their father.

That is not how it works.

How much time have you actually spent with these kids by the way?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #829 on: April 02, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »

Christ almighty. This is insane. Just adopt them and move them to the US a la Brad and Angelina. They'd have a much more comfortable life here than in Kenya. Ours basically waiting till their poor grandmother is dead. They aren't your kids. You're their daddy. I doubt they'll want you claiming as such. Especially the grandmother.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #830 on: April 02, 2012, 11:19:10 PM »

Perhaps Google can recommend a good attorney who specialized in international adoption. If you're serious about it, there's going to be a mountain of red tape. And it's going to cost far more than $35/month. Here's some basic info from the gubmint:
http://adoption.state.gov/country_information/country_specific_info.php?country-select=kenya

And from this cursory info, it looks like Kenya does not allow single men to adopt.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #831 on: April 03, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »

Perhaps Google can recommend a good attorney who specialized in international adoption. If you're serious about it, there's going to be a mountain of red tape. And it's going to cost far more than $35/month. Here's some basic info from the gubmint:
http://adoption.state.gov/country_information/country_specific_info.php?country-select=kenya

And from this cursory info, it looks like Kenya does not allow single men to adopt.

Bushie is married to God.

But seriously, that's not surprising.  A single American male wanting to adopt a third world kid reeks of sex tourism and trafficking, especially if they look like Bushie.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #832 on: April 03, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »

I'm sure Bushie will ask "his president" to change this discriminatory law.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #833 on: April 03, 2012, 01:19:12 AM »

It's strange that God didn't know what the adoption laws in Kenya were when he told Bushie to adopt these children. But I guess God is too busy personally communicating with random people in Oklahoma to look into these sorts of things.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #834 on: April 03, 2012, 01:38:02 AM »

The writers have left a plot hole.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #835 on: April 03, 2012, 01:58:38 AM »

Looks like he has extra incentive to find a wife now. I'm super excited.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #836 on: April 03, 2012, 02:33:01 AM »

Jeff, I would encourage you to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist (I always forget which one is which) and see if he/she thinks this is a wise decision.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #837 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:56 AM »

Jeff, I would encourage you to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist (I always forget which one is which) and see if he/she thinks this is a wise decision.

I've been talking to several pastors, which are by definition, counselors.

Anyway, I'm done with updating this thread about this situation.  I will update the thread about other items, but not this anymore.  It's getting way too depressing and I know these answers are not being bathed in prayer before they are posted so I'm done.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #838 on: April 03, 2012, 05:55:21 AM »

Anyway, I'm done with updating this thread about this situation.  I will update the thread about other items, but not this anymore.  It's getting way too depressing and I know these answers are not being bathed in prayer before they are posted so I'm done.

Bushie have you ever considered that seeking advice from people that DO NOT share your views on things (as in: aren't extremely religious) might provide you a useful and different perspective?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #839 on: April 03, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2012, 07:56:32 AM by Big DaddyPA »

I agree with Franzl. Although I can't see many posts because I've decided to put Bushie on ignore because Bob Saget told me to do that in protest due to being deleted off facebook.

But seriously, you shouldn't ignore peoples advise because it's not "bathed in prayer". By saying that, you are admitting that you are just looking for advise that you want to hear. You have to take the good and the bad. People aren't saying some of these things because they dont want to see you happy, they are saying it because some of us have been down the same road. Some of us have also seen what you've done in the past, and we seriously want to help make sure you do what is right for you, and not get hurt.

Come on man, you know this. You know that there are some people on this forum, (myself included) who would be willing to seriously talk with you over PM if you wanted about the situation if you wanted extra advise, or just to hear another point of view. Don't ever be afraid to ask. You can take it or not, but at least you've heard other sides before making a decision.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #840 on: April 03, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »

Yes, I will be signing the card "Love from your daddy in Oklahoma!"

kind of creepy. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #841 on: April 03, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »

ok, I am actually going to jump in here and give 'advice'.

in the past few years I have been suffering through moderate-to-severe mental health and behavioral problems of my own, and have gotten much better through medication and treatment.  so Jeff, please trust me when I tell you, that you are very obviously not a functioning adult, not because you lack intelligence, but because you are psychologically unwell.  you are severely emotionally retarded and have some form of attachment disorder that compels you to chase these golden sunsets.  increasingly they are proving more and more dangerous and disruptive for you, and if you continue to let your health problems go untreated, you will end up homeless, in prison, dead, etc.

so please, at the very least pick out a psychotherapist from the yellow pages, at the most check yourself into a psychiatric hospital.  

David
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #842 on: April 03, 2012, 10:59:22 AM »

I see the writers have decided to take a darker turn.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #843 on: April 03, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »

Yes, I will be signing the card "Love from your daddy in Oklahoma!"

kind of creepy. 
Kind of? That's about the creepiest sentence in the history of the internet. It's Michael Jackson territory.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #844 on: April 03, 2012, 11:19:25 AM »

It's getting way too depressing and I know these answers are not being bathed in prayer before they are posted so I'm done.

yeah, I know exactly what you mean.  What's especially troubling is coming across Christians who are supposed to have their feet planted firmly on a rock, yet, instead, they are repeatedly going off half-cocked because they are seeking a sign from God in every shift in the wind, as a substitute for not knowing the voice of Christ.

John 10:27 "My sheep know my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #845 on: April 03, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »

If the law says what it says, there's no amount of prayer bathing it can get to change it. As a single, white male looking to adopt children in Africa, you're going to have a hard time. We're just trying to help you. God can't be telling you these things because he should know you can't legally adopt those children. Either he is giving you false hope, which he doesn't do, plans to give you a wife between now and the time you move, or this is all in your head and you need to ask god to stop these thoughts.

International adoptions are bathed with red tape anyway. I know a couple that adopted a girl from Peru and it took ages to finally get her. And she was an orphan.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #846 on: April 03, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #847 on: April 03, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »

Well not all pastors necessarily make for good counselors on all issues.  For both your well-being, and the well-being of these children, I think you should talk to a professional non-religious-focused person about this.

What's the harm in simply doing that?  You're going to have to meet with adoption agencies eventually... why not make sure you're fit to do this first?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: April 03, 2012, 12:27:14 PM »

I lied, I'm posting here again. I appreciate your advice, but the fact that you weren't there and did not experience what I experienced renders your suggestions as ideas.  As far as the adoption laws go, I have read those, but my God is bigger than any government. My God can do anything He wants. I know what God has told me, and I am not backing down. I will not break any laws, but God can do whatever He wants.  I am also not going to apologize for loving two children like my own kids or feeling what a parent feels. I am not going to apologize for love.  I do resent the accusations that I am mental in any way, because they are absolutely baseless and lies.  I have talked with several pastors, who are by definition counselors.  I refuse to go to a counselor who is not a Christian.  I will continue to listen to my God and those who follow His Word.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #849 on: April 03, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »

Well not all pastors necessarily make for good counselors on all issues.  For both your well-being, and the well-being of these children, I think you should talk to a professional non-religious-focused person about this.

What's the harm in simply doing that?  You're going to have to meet with adoption agencies eventually... why not make sure you're fit to do this first?

In time.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies