As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:11:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312908 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: April 10, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

I've been so confused since I've put Bushie on ignore, but it's fun to try and figure out what is going on in this thread.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #901 on: April 10, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »

Of course it hasn't. But on a serious note, you wouldn't just drive to the doctors office in Kenya to figure out what was wrong with you. There are a lot of things you're taking for granted now.
mmmhmmm...

I will not deny that. It will definitely be a major change.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #902 on: April 11, 2012, 06:33:38 AM »

i think this tropical malady may be a sign from the big spaghetti monster that pale, overweight foreigners, with tender tummies shouldnt be moving to kenya.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #903 on: April 11, 2012, 07:22:53 AM »

i think this tropical malady may be a sign from the big spaghetti monster that pale, overweight foreigners, with tender tummies shouldnt be moving to kenya.

I have signatures turned off.. but may I ask your permission to use this as my new sig? LOL
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #904 on: April 11, 2012, 07:57:28 AM »

I have signatures turned off.. but may I ask your permission to use this as my new sig? LOL

sure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #905 on: April 11, 2012, 08:26:33 AM »

It will be a change. However, I don't think BushKE is really internalizing this. He could DIE early. It isn't just a change you can adapt to. It's a major major change many can't. I know he said he'd die for these kids, but it begs the question, could this be a form of suicide?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #906 on: April 11, 2012, 09:05:39 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2012, 09:16:27 AM by Romney/Thune 2012 »

It will be a change. However, I don't think BushKE is really internalizing this. He could DIE early. It isn't just a change you can adapt to. It's a major major change many can't. I know he said he'd die for these kids, but it begs the question, could this be a form of suicide?

I am prepared for whatever comes.

Let me add to this a bit.  I am prepared for whatever comes, but in the final 18 months that I will be in Oklahoma, I will be preparing my body as much as I can nutritionally to keep the effects minimized.  I've had several friends move to Africa in the past several years, not to Kenya, but to South Africa and Cameroon, and they have reported getting sick initially and then their body getting used to it.  I think my body will be no different.  Plus, God is not going to send me to Kenya just to let me die.  He loves me too much for that and He has a purpose for sending me there.  I have faith that God will protect my health so I can be an effective servant for Him in Africa.  I will definitely be putting my life in God's hands, but He is more capable of protecting it than I am, quite frankly.  Putting my life into the hands that created it and the hands that own it is not a bad idea.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #907 on: April 11, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »

Are you still deleting Atlasians from  your FB?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #908 on: April 11, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »

Are you still deleting Atlasians from  your FB?

I haven't in a few days and don't plan to anytime soon.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #909 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »

Of course it hasn't. But on a serious note, you wouldn't just drive to the doctors office in Kenya to figure out what was wrong with you. There are a lot of things you're taking for granted now.

Well, if he got a high paying job at Dell (relative to the rest of Kenya) over in Nairobi or something, I doubt it will be a problem. I don't get why people think everyone in Africa and other third world nations are suffering. Money cures a lot of problems......Now if he was planning on living in Kisumu or whatever with no high paying job....that would end badly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #910 on: April 11, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »

Well, if he got a high paying job at Dell (relative to the rest of Kenya) over in Nairobi or something, I doubt it will be a problem. I don't get why people think everyone in Africa and other third world nations are suffering. Money cures a lot of problems......Now if he was planning on living in Kisumu or whatever with no high paying job....that would end badly.

Nairobi and even parts of Kisumu are closer to second world areas, and the parts of Nairobi we drove through look like lower end first world.  There are a lot of American and European businesses there.  Downtown Kisumu is actually quite nice, there are banks, 24-hour supermarkets, and the like.  It actually reminds me of a higher end second world country.  The part of Kisumu we stayed is definitely lower end second world and where Maisha is located is definite third world for sure.  The slums of both Kisumu and Nairobi are more like fourth world if there is such a thing.  Plus, I've heard from an Oklahoman who moved to Kenya just about 6 years ago that Kisumu and Nairobi actually have decent medical facilities.  It's the more rural areas that leave a lot to be desired.  The Kisumu "Metro" has about as many people as the Oklahoma City metro which is the size of Phoenix or Philadelphia proper, while Nairobi has about as many people as Chicago proper.

I'm not THAT worried about medical care in Africa in either Nairobi or Kisumu.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #911 on: April 11, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »

Do you believe that God protects people He loves very much from an early death?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #912 on: April 11, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »

After the last time I went to Bangladesh, I had mild dysentery for several months. It should be fine.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #913 on: April 11, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »

If Kenya doesn't work out, perhaps opebo can give you some tips on white man-friendly places in Thailand to practice your love of children.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #914 on: April 11, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »

Bushie, when did the doctor say you can return to work?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #915 on: April 11, 2012, 05:43:33 PM »

Bushie, when did the doctor say you can return to work?

I can return Friday pending the results of the parasite test which I should get tomorrow.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #916 on: April 11, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »

Plus, God is not going to send me to Kenya just to let me die.  He loves me too much for that and He has a purpose for sending me there.  I have faith that God will protect my health so I can be an effective servant for Him in Africa.  I will definitely be putting my life in God's hands, but He is more capable of protecting it than I am, quite frankly.  Putting my life into the hands that created it and the hands that own it is not a bad idea.

Peter...crucified upside down
Paul...beheaded.
Among others.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #917 on: April 11, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »

Plus, God is not going to send me to Kenya just to let me die.  He loves me too much for that and He has a purpose for sending me there.  I have faith that God will protect my health so I can be an effective servant for Him in Africa.  I will definitely be putting my life in God's hands, but He is more capable of protecting it than I am, quite frankly.  Putting my life into the hands that created it and the hands that own it is not a bad idea.

Peter...crucified upside down
Paul...beheaded.
Among others.

I know those, and it doesn't always happen, because my life is not my own, anyway.  God owns the "deed" to my life.  If He decides to take me out early, then so be it, I'm ready.  If He decides to keep me around for a while, I'm prepared for that, as well.  That goes for wherever I'm at, Oklahoma, Kenya, or elsewhere.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #918 on: April 11, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »

A little update on my condition as of 18:30 11 Apr 2012.  I've been awake since 08:00 and I am feeling a little better.  Other than when I first woke up, I have only had to go to the bathroom once and that was just at 18:00, so I went 10 hours without having to make a major trip.  I haven't thrown up at all today, which is a blessing.  I have had quite a bit of nausea today with a moderate headache thrown in the mix.  The nausea hasn't produced anything, though, thankfully, except discomfort.  I think i am getting on the back side of this crud and pending the results of the parasite test which should come tomorrow, I should be able to go to work on Friday.  Naturally, I am praying that the results of the parasite test are negative, because I do not want to miss any more work.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #919 on: April 11, 2012, 06:35:47 PM »

Glad you are feeling better- going across the world can take quite a toll...I had a nasty parasite which started wreakng havoc on my innards after I got back stateside after my first tour in Vietnam...lost nearly 20 lbs in two weeks
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #920 on: April 11, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »

Glad you are feeling better- going across the world can take quite a toll...I had a nasty parasite which started wreakng havoc on my innards after I got back stateside after my first tour in Vietnam...lost nearly 20 lbs in two weeks

I've already lost 5 in the week I've had mine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #921 on: April 11, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »

8:20 pm Update: I have been feeling better in the past two hours. I took some Dramamine at 6:00 pm and that has eased up the nausea. I've only gone to the bathroom one time all day other than the normal time after I woke up this morning. I haven't thrown up all day. I only have a slight headache. The biggest thing I have now is fatigue. My body is tired after all its been through in the past 7 days. I will probably go to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 tonight. If I were allowed to, I would be going to work tomorrow. However, my doctor's note says to go back on Friday, so I will honor what the note says and go back then.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #922 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »

8:20 pm Update: I have been feeling better in the past two hours. I took some Dramamine at 6:00 pm and that has eased up the nausea. I've only gone to the bathroom one time all day other than the normal time after I woke up this morning. I haven't thrown up all day. I only have a slight headache. The biggest thing I have now is fatigue. My body is tired after all its been through in the past 7 days. I will probably go to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 tonight. If I were allowed to, I would be going to work tomorrow. However, my doctor's note says to go back on Friday, so I will honor what the note says and go back then.

I'm guessing your work wouldn't let you return before then.  They'd probably send you home (at least if they have a competent HR department who actually reads doctors' notes).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #923 on: April 12, 2012, 12:34:55 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2012, 12:39:47 AM by blood red X's for every 24 hours ive suffered through »

Ha funny, I go to a Vineyard church. The article doesn't make it sound like it's as full of hipsters as it is, but the reporting is otherwise pretty accurate. Plenty of people do indeed act like that, and no it doesn't come across as creepy or weird, I'm not surprised she was charmed and endeared by it. Having read it a bit more in-depth, that's actually one of the most accurate articles I've seen, it's really awesome how she both noted the focus not being on the fire and brimstone stuff and the wide range of opinions that exist, including liberal ones. Kudos to that researcher.

Oh and this is a unique new arc. The writers kind of came out of left field with this one.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: April 12, 2012, 06:51:45 AM »

I'm guessing your work wouldn't let you return before then.  They'd probably send you home (at least if they have a competent HR department who actually reads doctors' notes).

Exactly, that's why I'm not going into work today.  I feel like I could go to work today, but for liabilty issues, I cannot return until the doctor's note says to, which is tomorrow, and that is dependent on the results of the parasite test which I should find out today.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies