As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312107 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: April 12, 2012, 08:47:49 AM »

Not that it was a particularly difficult thing to see coming, but I did predict this:

More likely, he's praying to Jesus to help him recover from gastro issues.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #926 on: April 12, 2012, 08:49:17 AM »

Not that it was a particularly difficult thing to see coming, but I did predict this:

And, you know what?  It is working. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #927 on: April 12, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »

Or you're just recovering from the natural progression of whatever you had.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #928 on: April 12, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »

Maybe, but prayer certainly played a part in the recovery.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #929 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »

Maybe, but prayer certainly played a part in the recovery.

You don't know that it "certainly" did.  Sometimes God chooses not to intervene.  There's no way you can possibly claim what your prayers did or did not accomplish.  To do so would be to claim to know God's thoughts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #930 on: April 12, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »

Just called the doctor, and the news is not quite as good as I had hoped. She said they have the results, but they are looking over them to determine what's going on and will give me a call in the morning. It makes me think there is something there, because in my limited medical knowledge they could tell right away if there was nothing there. I am going to stay home for a couple hours in the morning and talk to the doctor in privacy and then I may go in for the rest of the day depending on what the results of the test are. Keep praying!!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #931 on: April 12, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »

Did you get Amy shots before you went to Kenya? Don't they require you be given some shots for certain diseases. Sometimes it just means they were lazy and other times it means they don't know what you might have.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #932 on: April 12, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »

They required Yellow Fever and Tetanus and those are the shots I got.  I didn't get the recommended Hepatitis A shots or Typhoid Fever Shots because I couldn't afford them.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #933 on: April 12, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »

Did you stick strictly to bottled water there? And not eat uncooked fruits and vegetables that may have been washed by tap water? It's the water that will get you every time. When I go to India, I eat almost everything, including street food if it's cooked well and doesn't have dairy. But I'm a huge stickler about the water. I probably look like a douche carrying a water bottle around with me all the time (more cost effective to just boil water at home, a luxury you may not have in Kenya) but I don't care.

Anyways, I hope it's not Hep A and just a parasite.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #934 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Just called the doctor, and the news is not quite as good as I had hoped. She said they have the results, but they are looking over them to determine what's going on and will give me a call in the morning. It makes me think there is something there, because in my limited medical knowledge they could tell right away if there was nothing there. I am going to stay home for a couple hours in the morning and talk to the doctor in privacy and then I may go in for the rest of the day depending on what the results of the test are. Keep praying!!

2 hours ago you were certain you were recovering...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #935 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »

Did you stick strictly to bottled water there? And not eat uncooked fruits and vegetables that may have been washed by tap water? It's the water that will get you every time. When I go to India, I eat almost everything, including street food if it's cooked well and doesn't have dairy. But I'm a huge stickler about the water. I probably look like a douche carrying a water bottle around with me all the time (more cost effective to just boil water at home, a luxury you may not have in Kenya) but I don't care.

The only tap water I came into contact was to take a shower.  That alone is enough to transmit a parasite as it can get into your skin.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #936 on: April 12, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »

And, I do feel better, so I am certain I am recovering, its just the somewhat unnerving news I got from the doctor this afternoon.  I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions, because I am not a nurse or a doctor, but it would just be nice to know what I've got so I can either get started on the treatment or be cleared.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #937 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »

And, I do feel better, so I am certain I am recovering, its just the somewhat unnerving news I got from the doctor this afternoon.  I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions, because I am not a nurse or a doctor, but it would just be nice to know what I've got so I can either get started on the treatment or be cleared.

Exactly... because you're not a doctor, you shouldn't be jumping to the conclusion that you're  recovering just because you temporarily feel better.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #938 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »

The only tap water I came into contact was to take a shower.  That alone is enough to transmit a parasite as it can get into your skin.

Well, that would be odd. Though I suppose it's possible, the more likely route would have been through uncooked vegetables like in a salad perhaps?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #939 on: April 12, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »

And, that's the tough part, Inks.  I'm trying to keep an open mind when it comes to whatever result I may get tomorrow morning.  I think I'm getting better, but I'm not going to jump to that conclusion, either, until I hear one way or the other.  I'm just trying to think positive more than anything, because I want to get back to work soon.  Plus, I have a birthday coming up in 2 weeks and the last thing I want is to be sick on my birthday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #940 on: April 12, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

The only tap water I came into contact was to take a shower.  That alone is enough to transmit a parasite as it can get into your skin.

Well, that would be odd. Though I suppose it's possible, the more likely route would have been through uncooked vegetables like in a salad perhaps?

I don't generally eat salad, so that's probably not the reason.  Who knows, it could be anything.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #941 on: April 12, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »

Yes, better to wait for the results.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #942 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »

Thats what I plan on doing!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #943 on: April 12, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »

One of my friends on facebook who is a nurse told me that the fact that they are waiting until morning to tell me is a good sign since they didn't tell me to go to the ER.  The lack of urgency may be a good sign itself. Fact is, I do not need to jump to any conclusions either good or bad.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #944 on: April 12, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

Are you worried about losing your job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: April 12, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »

Are you worried about losing your job?

No, because I will be going back just as soon as I hear from the doctor tomorrow.

Plus, my supervisor has been in my shoes before. She had this same experience coming back from Mexico. She and I have developed a really good rapport.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #946 on: April 12, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »

Here is my timeline for tomorrow. I am going to go in 90 minutes after I hear from the doctor with the latest arrival time being 13:00 to give me 4 hours of work. So, if I don't hear by 11:30, I will just take it into the weekend and get ready for Week 6 on Monday.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #947 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:21 PM »

Will they allow you back even if they aren't aware of  you being cleared? Wont they need some documentation?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #948 on: April 12, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »

Will they allow you back even if they aren't aware of  you being cleared? Wont they need some documentation?

The doctor's note I got on Tuesday says I can go back 4/13/2012 which is tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #949 on: April 13, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »

It is 10:10 am Friday and I still have not heard anything.  The consensus among myself, my parents, my grandmother, and most importantly, my boss, is that if I haven't heard anything by 10:30, then I'm just going to take it into the weekend and get ready to go back to work Monday Morning at 08:00.  I want to give myself a 90 minute window to get to work today, and I want to be there no later than noon because I feel that its not really worth it to go in for less than half a day with the cost of gas where it is.  If I haven't heard anything by 11:30, I will call the doctor and see if I can stir the pot a little bit.

I am feeling much, much better this morning, though, and I'm not really worried about what I'm going to hear, but it would be nice to get some closure.

I will keep you posted.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies