As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:35:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313296 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: April 13, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »

Wait, your earlier post said you have a doctor's note..... Huh?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #951 on: April 13, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »

Wait, your earlier post said you have a doctor's note..... Huh?

I do, but my boss and I talked yesterday evening that she wants me to be able to talk to the doctor from the privacy of my own home instead of blaring my medical history to my coworkers and be distracted by background noise.  I still haven't heard from the doctor.  I can go in today, but by now, it's 10:30, and it just wouldn't be worth the gas money to go into work.  So, I'm going to stay home the rest of the afternoon and take this into the weekend.

The note says I can go back today, but I thought I would hear from the doctor yesterday, but it is 10:30 Friday morning and I still haven't heard, so due to HIPPA laws and regulations, my boss wants me to stay home until I hear something.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #952 on: April 13, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »

I do, but my boss and I talked yesterday evening that she wants me to be able to talk to the doctor from the privacy of my own home instead of blaring my medical history to my coworkers and be distracted by background noise. 

Ever heard of ducking into an unoccupied conference room for privacy?  ...I would highly advise not to miss any more work, seeing that you are new there and all.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #953 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »

how do you interpret God's decision to make you physically ill as regards the prospect of moving to Kenya in 2013?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #954 on: April 13, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »

I do, but my boss and I talked yesterday evening that she wants me to be able to talk to the doctor from the privacy of my own home instead of blaring my medical history to my coworkers and be distracted by background noise. 

Ever heard of ducking into an unoccupied conference room for privacy?  ...I would highly advise not to miss any more work, seeing that you are new there and all.

BushOklahoma's aversion to doing things that are simple common sense is hardly new.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #955 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »

Ever heard of ducking into an unoccupied conference room for privacy?  ...I would highly advise not to miss any more work, seeing that you are new there and all.

That's next to impossible in a call center environment.  Plus, if I'm on the phone with a customer, I can't exactly tell the customer to hold on while I talk to my doctor.  I would then have to call the scheduler back, leave a message for the nurse to call me back and begin the cycle again.  Believe, I've thought about that, but the type of work environment I'm in makes it next to impossible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #956 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:41 AM »

how do you interpret God's decision to make you physically ill as regards the prospect of moving to Kenya in 2013?

First off, I'm not moving until 2015, but it hasn't phased my thought process at all.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #957 on: April 13, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »

First off, I'm not moving until 2015, but it hasn't phased my thought process at all.

But really, you should interpret it as a sign from god that you should not move to Kenya. God is trying to tell you something Bushie.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #958 on: April 13, 2012, 11:24:41 AM »

I didn't get the recommended Hepatitis A shots or Typhoid Fever Shots because I couldn't afford them.

What a ridiculous country.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #959 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »

Ever heard of ducking into an unoccupied conference room for privacy?  ...I would highly advise not to miss any more work, seeing that you are new there and all.

That's next to impossible in a call center environment.  

What? I work in a call center and we have private meetings all the time. Your center seriously has no separate rooms or offices from the main floor?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #960 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »

I didn't get the recommended Hepatitis A shots or Typhoid Fever Shots because I couldn't afford them.

What a ridiculous country.

you're too kind man.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #961 on: April 13, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »

But really, you should interpret it as a sign from god that you should not move to Kenya. God is trying to tell you something Bushie.

He is trying to tell me something, and that is I have to be totally dependent on Him and to completely trust Him in everything.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #962 on: April 13, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »

That's next to impossible in a call center environment. 

What? I work in a call center and we have private meetings all the time. Your center seriously has no separate rooms or offices from the main floor?

We have separate conference rooms, but if I'm on a call with a customer, I can't exactly tell the customer to hang on while I talk to my doctor.  I can't wait in a conference room for a call that I don't know when its going to come and I can't call and speak directly to the nurse.  I have to call the scheduler and have the nurse call me back.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #963 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »

He is trying to tell me something, and that is I have to be totally dependent on Him and to completely trust Him in everything.

then why don't you actually trust him to actually speak to you whenever he actually wants you do something?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #964 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »

Yes, and you should trust her when she is trying to show you what could happen to you on a regular basis if you live in Kenya. That is one of the hardships you could face. Even if you get a good job there, the pay will be nothing like what you get here in America. You may be able to access basic needs, including healthcare, but things that are sold on a world market like cars could become out of your reach. And things that make our life more comfortable here in America like dishwashers may not be so common in Kenya. I think you are doing a great deed by helping those kids in Kenya and god wants you to continue doing that. But it is obvious you can do more good by staying in Oklahoma and sending money, perhaps even more than you are sending now, than by moving to Kenya. Again, there with your lower salary and after satisfying your needs, you may not have enough left over to send to these charities. God doesn't want you to move Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #965 on: April 13, 2012, 12:11:11 PM »

I still haven't heard anything now and it's afternoon.  I have decided a long time ago that I am going into work at 08:00 Monday morning regardless if I hear anything today or not.  They can just call and leave a message on my cell phone.  I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe the test got delayed a little bit, unless they're waiting on the malaria test to come back as well so they can tell me both results at the same time.  I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt today, but I cannot wait any longer, I have to go to work at 08:00 on Monday morning.  I am no longer going to worry about it, I'm going to leave it in God's hands because He can handle it much better than I can and I'm going to get on with my weekend and enjoy it now that I am able again to eat normal food and get ready for Church Sunday Morning and get ready for Week 6 of my Permanent Career on Monday.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #966 on: April 13, 2012, 12:56:56 PM »

So you're going to risk infecting your co-workers?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #967 on: April 13, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »

The big man will protect those who need protecting.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #968 on: April 13, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

So let me get this straight...

What Bushie wants is what God wants. In other words whatever impulsive desire of the week or month can be justified if "God wills it."

Yet what more reasonable people would do in his shoes...no weight whatsoever.

Give up folks.  It's impossible to protect stupid people, being generous, from themselves.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #969 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »

God speaking to him is his way of justifying all of these things. I am still going with demonic possession. I think that plot line might be the least explored of the series. Perhaps the sickness he has suffered from is a result of it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:21 PM »

Hallelujah!! My boss just called me at 2:30 pm and gave me the opportunity to work overtime tomorrow and Sunday 8-5 to make up for the three days of pay I missed this week. Smiley So, tomorrow, if I feel like it, I will be going into work. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #971 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »

Malaria is spread not by humans, but by a certain insect, so in this one instance, Bushie is not doing something that is at once reckless, impulsive, self indulgent, rationalized to death, unrealistic, counterproductive, and doomed to failure and disappointment.

I need to give Jesus a ring, and tell him to stop enabling Bushie, or I am going to go up there and kick his butt. I don't have much patience with enablers - never have.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #972 on: April 13, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »

My favorite part is that he sees God's signs in everything, but being stricken with a deathly illness at the thought of moving to Kenya is not a sign from God.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #973 on: April 13, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

did i miss the results of the testing?

are they going to make us wait until next week's episode.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #974 on: April 13, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

Unfortunately, Walter, yes, we'll have to wait until Monday's episode to find out the results of the test.  However, I am still going into work tomorrow unless I'm up all night dodging tornadoes.  We have tornadic thunderstorms to our southwest that look like either an hour or so away.  We are under a tornado watch until 04:00 am, so we have a ways to go.  I may need to use tomorrow to get my rest as we're expecting an even worse night tomorrow night that could last well into the night.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies