As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:39:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312241 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »

The funny thing is looking at it from a charismatic perspective, the people who put the most emphasis on God talking to them (see memphis' link a few pages back, as noted my church belongs to that movement), I think most would conclude that God is actually talking through us to BushOklahoma to save him from his own reckless, bad decisions. This is something talked about at my church a lot, listen to your family and friends because it may be God speaking through them. Imagine if he listened to us in regards to all those scams in 2010. I mean if you believe both that God exists and is involved in human affairs, as BushOklahoma clearly does (and I do too), that's a more logical way of thinking than his way of simply that he should do whatever his first inclination is and God will make things work for him.

I mean I try to avoid saying anything comes from God or someone speaks for God always because of unfortunate implications and obvious reasons (as one of the pastors put it, "anyone who claims that they always know the voice of God speaking to them is probably a sociopath"), so I won't say that's what happened (there's one recent event in my life where I don't have any doubt God was speaking to me through someone, but that's a completely different situation), but it does make more sense if you accept that theology than what Bushie believes. So it is all the more amusing how he continues to ignore all the advice given despite the fact that we've basically been right and he's been wrong every single time.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #976 on: April 14, 2012, 01:35:17 AM »

Unfortunately, Walter, yes, we'll have to wait until Monday's episode to find out the results of the test.  However, I am still going into work tomorrow unless I'm up all night dodging tornadoes.  We have tornadic thunderstorms to our southwest that look like either an hour or so away.  We are under a tornado watch until 04:00 am, so we have a ways to go.  I may need to use tomorrow to get my rest as we're expecting an even worse night tomorrow night that could last well into the night.

Wait....   How in the f*** did we go from going to work Monday to now going to work tomorrow??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #977 on: April 14, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »

Unfortunately, Walter, yes, we'll have to wait until Monday's episode to find out the results of the test.  However, I am still going into work tomorrow unless I'm up all night dodging tornadoes.  We have tornadic thunderstorms to our southwest that look like either an hour or so away.  We are under a tornado watch until 04:00 am, so we have a ways to go.  I may need to use tomorrow to get my rest as we're expecting an even worse night tomorrow night that could last well into the night.

Wait....   How in the f*** did we go from going to work Monday to now going to work tomorrow??

My boss called me with OT opportunities today and tomorrow.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #978 on: April 14, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »

I think it's reprehensible and very un-Christian of you to risk others health.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #979 on: April 14, 2012, 01:59:53 PM »

I think it's reprehensible and very un-Christian of you to risk others health.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #980 on: April 14, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »

Haha, well guys, you don't have to worry about that this weekend.  They cancelled OT on me at the last minute and now I am supposed to go in at 08:00 Monday Morning.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #981 on: April 14, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »

I wasn't joking.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #982 on: April 14, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »

I wasn't either
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #983 on: April 14, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

Haha, well guys, you don't have to worry about that this weekend.  They cancelled OT on me at the last minute and now I am supposed to go in at 08:00 Monday Morning.

How would it have been OT if you haven't been at work in days??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #984 on: April 14, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »

The new work week begins on Saturday at Dell.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #985 on: April 14, 2012, 09:31:17 PM »

Not to be nit picky, but until you actually work the rest of the week it doesn't yet count as OT, especially considering your health situation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #986 on: April 14, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »

Not to be nit picky, but until you actually work the rest of the week it doesn't yet count as OT, especially considering your health situation.

Right, it wouldn't have been officially overtime until Thursday and Friday, but now since the OT was cancelled today, I will one hour of OT between 4:00-5:00 pm Friday because of the hour I worked this morning before they cancelled OT.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #987 on: April 15, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »

am i the only one getting the feeling that bushie is screwing up on this job?

i definitely not trying to be mean...but bushie you seem to be sick a lot.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #988 on: April 15, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »

Not the only one.  I'm surprised they haven't pink slipped him already.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #989 on: April 15, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »

It's because they can get around a year out of him. Since he is now a "employee" of Dell, they can have him work for about 6 months, than fire him and not have to pay unemployment, and start the process all over again.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #990 on: April 15, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »

It's because they can get around a year out of him. Since he is now a "employee" of Dell, they can have him work for about 6 months, than fire him and not have to pay unemployment, and start the process all over again.

But what are they really getting out of him?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #991 on: April 15, 2012, 05:24:25 PM »

Just work, that's it. I've heard cases on a lot from fairly high known companies that will practice these kinds of operations for call centers and help desks. They will have someone come in as a temp, and if they hire them they keep them for the 6 months, and fire. That way, they don't pay unemployment, and sometimes don't have to pay insurance.  It's pretty sad that they do it, but there is nothing illegal about it. As long as they have reasoning for the termination, they are in the clear.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #992 on: April 15, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »

The funny thing is looking at it from a charismatic perspective, the people who put the most emphasis on God talking to them (see memphis' link a few pages back, as noted my church belongs to that movement), I think most would conclude that God is actually talking through us to BushOklahoma to save him from his own reckless, bad decisions. This is something talked about at my church a lot, listen to your family and friends because it may be God speaking through them. Imagine if he listened to us in regards to all those scams in 2010. I mean if you believe both that God exists and is involved in human affairs, as BushOklahoma clearly does (and I do too), that's a more logical way of thinking than his way of simply that he should do whatever his first inclination is and God will make things work for him.

I mean I try to avoid saying anything comes from God or someone speaks for God always because of unfortunate implications and obvious reasons (as one of the pastors put it, "anyone who claims that they always know the voice of God speaking to them is probably a sociopath"), so I won't say that's what happened (there's one recent event in my life where I don't have any doubt God was speaking to me through someone, but that's a completely different situation), but it does make more sense if you accept that theology than what Bushie believes. So it is all the more amusing how he continues to ignore all the advice given despite the fact that we've basically been right and he's been wrong every single time.

That's a very interesting ... and sensible, if you believe in God ... way of looking at it. Jeff, why is it that going on gut feeling strikes you as the work of God, but advice from the folks here (which has been incredibly sound again and again) is characterized as essentially "un-Christian?" I think BRTD has a great point -- the feedback you're receiving here may very well be God speaking to you, and your willingness to share about your life is God speaking through you to us, requesting our help to set you on a different path.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #993 on: April 15, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »

I'm worried as well. As an employer, I do have a certain amount of sympathy for unavoidable illnesses, but there are limits to my tolerance in the first few weeks on the job. I suppose that Jeff has his ducks in a row on this, though, with doctor's notes and whatnot.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #994 on: April 15, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »

J-Mann, I do read the advice that is given and I do think about it.  Just because I dismiss it as "un-Christian", I am not totally rejecting it.  I do agree that sometimes God speaks through the forum.  He has on several occasions.  There are too many to name, as a matter of fact.  That's why I reopened the thread last week.  However, I will say that God has spoken to me in many other ways and I disagree that everything i've mentioned in the last 3 weeks is a "gut reaction."  I know without a doubt I am supposed to move to Kenya in 34 months.  I know that while I may not legally be able to adopt these kids, I am still their father and still love them like they are my children and I am going to do everything I can to make sure they have as great of a life as possible and make sure above all things that they know the Lord Jesus Christ personally.

As far as my job is concerned.  I am fine.  My leave was just activated this past Friday, so I've technically only used one day of sick leave.  The other days have been unpaid.  Today, though, I have felt better than I have in almost 2 weeks.  I will have no problems going to work in the morning and no problems going to work all week.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #995 on: April 16, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »

I was bathing myself in prayer until 3am last night for Easter, and I came away with some perspective. I am by no means an evangelical born again christian. I am greek so we were born with this religion built into our culture whether we like it or not, so I am inclined to speak about Jesus just this once.

First of all, it is difficult for us as humans to interpret what god is saying to us. Anyone who claims they have it all figured out and knows exactly what god wants and what he doesn't is just lying to themselves. I don't believe god is a two year old that is continuing to tell BushOK to just backup and change career paths for a scam, move to Kenya and the like. That is in his mind. HE was given a mind by god and god gave us free will to make our own decisions in our lives. Some people say god guides us or speaks to us through certain events or actions or people. That may be true. It may not be. But I am confident that all these feelings BushOK gets are not all god talking to him. If BushOK is the pipeline to god, he must be some sort of deity and we need to bow down and worship him.

Throughout this whole saga, this forum has given sound advice that I think god himself would approve of. It wasn't followed because BushOK had the FREE WILL to make his own choice, and he did so.

I am not a devout christian by any means. Lord knows I have sinned during my lifetime and I will continue to sin, but if god does exist, I doubt he is up there micromanaging each and every life and "thinking" for us. I also doubt he is talking to us constantly. As humans, we have urges and thoughts that we come up with on our own. This whole Kenya fiasco is just that.

In reality, BushOK could help these kids much more by living in the US, making a generous wage here, and sending them the money they so desperately need. He isn't telling him to pick up and move to Kenya when he clearly isn't healthy enough or adventurous enough to do so, and it is really sickening to suggest he wants to send you to die in Kenya for these kids. He also isn't telling him he is the father of these kids. THey had a father somewhere. He is simply a good Samaritan helping with them. Do it for them, not to call yourself a father. Being a father isn't sending $35 a week and writing once a month. But it would be selfish to move to Kenya for these kids where you'll make less money  and may not be able to support them as well as you could from here. Think about it. This shouldn't be about you. It's about the kids!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #996 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »

bushie did you ever get the test results?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #997 on: April 16, 2012, 06:46:34 PM »

yes, the results came in this morning, and they were all negative.  Everything is normal.

I was able to put in a full day of work and I still feel great!  I should easily be able to take on the last 4 days of the week.  I am back to normal.  I am also back to normal food, although, I am staying away from Mexican Food and Pizza for a while longer just to be safe.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #998 on: April 16, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »

I am glad you are feeling better
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #999 on: April 17, 2012, 06:45:28 AM »

One thing I've noticed is that while I am physicially better, this crud I had, whatever it was, really taxed my body and left me very tired.  I went to bed before 8:00 last night because I was so exhausted.  I will probably go to bed a little early each night the rest of the week.  I don't think I'll go to bed before 8:00, but probably by 9:00 or 9:30 each night is definitely not out of the question.  I have to do everything I can to make sure I go to work all 40 hours this week.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies