As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312100 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 24, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »

Laundry planning was about 35% of the original Update. It's a recurring theme to underline the protagonist's obsessive personality. In a way it serves as an illustration to the audience that there really has been no progress or evolution whatsoever. Laundry is the final symbol of the Update's hopeless universe.

you sure know your Update...is there a term for those of you who know every angle of the Update(kinda like Treker is a term for those who follow Star Trek)?

The Atlas will pretty much be required to have an annual meetup to commemorate this show post-cancellation out of respect.  It will probably be at your house.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1101 on: April 24, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »

1. I still can't get over the fact that this guy's username is actually BushKenya. Love it.
2. If he actually ends up living in Kenya, I will literally eat a hat.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1102 on: April 24, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »

1. I still can't get over the fact that this guy's username is actually BushKenya. Love it.

Just make sure the hat is culturally competent.

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1103 on: April 24, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »

Psh, Bushie has promised on many occasions to "eat crow" if something went wrong. It always did, and yet, he never posted pictures OR video of him eating said crow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1104 on: April 24, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »

All I can say is, do you like your hat with a little salt? oregeno? marinated?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1105 on: April 24, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »

I thought the RomneyKenya was even more amusing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1106 on: April 24, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »

I thought the RomneyKenya was even more amusing.

Kenya could always use a second Romney supporter to try to find the birth certificate.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1107 on: April 25, 2012, 07:39:26 AM »

Psh, Bushie has promised on many occasions to "eat crow" if something went wrong. It always did, and yet, he never posted pictures OR video of him eating said crow.

Actually he ever posted pictures of his Kenyan trip that included him in it on his FB....ever.  Hmmmm.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1108 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:11 AM »

I finished my first 9 hour work day today and have 9 more like days in the next two weeks.  It will be nice to get 5 hours overtime each of the next two weeks.  10 hours total on this pay period (the pay period just started Saturday, 21 April).

I am 124 hours from turning 30 years old and I am trying to get my house clean so I can start off my 4th decade with a clean house.  I've cleaned the kitchen so far tonight, and will finish it off through the evening and I'm doing my laundry.  I've been very busy the past two weekends so I've let the laundry pile up, so I've got several loads just in terms of sheer volume.  I'm going to do 3 loads tonight, which should get me nearly done.  If I can do two more loads tomorrow evening, I'll be fine.

Have we ever covered such minutiae?

Go and find the posts about his calendars.

Well those are at least part of a greater narrative of organizing himself, but this seems to have nothing to do with anything.

Laundry planning was about 35% of the original Update. It's a recurring theme to underline the protagonist's obsessive personality. In a way it serves as an illustration to the audience that there really has been no progress or evolution whatsoever. Laundry is the final symbol of the Update's hopeless universe.

You have to go back to the published prequel material to find this, but it reminds me a lot of when he posted his schedule for election day 2008, and basically had his entire day organized into 15 minute intervals and already had it planned what he was going to eat for breakfast, etc. If only he had put such effort into researching job offers (Grumps' point about his claim that he does so extensively too is quite amusing.)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1109 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »

Actually he ever posted pictures of his Kenyan trip that included him in it on his FB....ever.  Hmmmm.

I wouldn't know.. I was given the boot!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1110 on: April 25, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »

So was I but they weren't there before that and i doubt they are now.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1111 on: April 25, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »

Probably not. I'm still saddened to know that he doesn't love either you or I, and requested us to be friends again on facebook Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1112 on: April 25, 2012, 10:34:53 AM »

Probably not. I'm still saddened to know that he doesn't love either you or I, and requested us to be friends again on facebook Sad

He doesn't love waltermitty either Sad
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1113 on: April 25, 2012, 12:10:19 PM »

We should start a gang or something.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1114 on: April 25, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »

Me, you and mitty would be the most pathetic gang ever Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1115 on: April 25, 2012, 01:25:17 PM »

^ We would have real street cred.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1116 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »

I wanna be in the pathetic gang too.  Gotta represent East Memphis.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1117 on: April 25, 2012, 01:51:11 PM »

I wanna be in the pathetic gang too.  Gotta represent East Memphis.

A hoodlum from Memphis.......you're in!  Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1118 on: April 25, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »

Looks like we're gaining traction now!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1119 on: April 25, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »

im not bathed in prayer so bushie thought i was a bad influence for his other fb friends.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1120 on: April 25, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »

Bushie's not about to start providing evidence that the stories he tells are true.  That would just diminish the importance of your faith.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1121 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

My Wild Mass Guess for how the current story arc ends (done in white colored font as a spoiler tag, highlight below to read).

Bushie actually will make a second trip to Kenya and tell the forum and his family that he's gotten everything organized for it to be a permanent move, even though it's only supposed to be another short mission trip. He will intentionally skip his flight home and become an illegal immigrant living in Kenya doing "God's work," at least until the organization that organizes the mission trips realizes he didn't make the flight with the rest of his group and notifies Kenyan authorities with a missing person report; he's discovered hospitalized with malaria (but mostly unharmed) after he runs out of the prophylaxis medicine he brought from the US. A horribly misguided attempted kidnapping of those sponsored kids may also be involved in the plot somewhere.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1122 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32:47 PM »

Actually, there are pics on there now both of me baptizing in the Kibos River and of another member and me sitting on the porch of the orphanage with two or three children.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1123 on: April 25, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »

Here is a photo of me with my son and a couple other kids and another team member.

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1124 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »

Here is a photo of me with my son and a couple other kids and another team member.

I hope you weren't out of saltpeter when they took that pic.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies