As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:45:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312942 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: May 15, 2012, 08:36:08 AM »

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

Does this happen outside of movies?

No, it happens all the time according to my email inbox.  The next step involves Bushie giving his personal information and bank account number to the anonymous donor so he can transfer the money.

Apparently, it does still happen because I will be picking up the money in 90 minutes from right now.  No, I am not going to give any PII (personally identifiable information) to this donor.  I am not even going to see the donor, the donor is giving it to a 3rd party who will give it to me.  It will be in the form of a regular check.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1251 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

No, it happens all the time according to my email inbox.  The next step involves Bushie giving his personal information and bank account number to the anonymous donor so he can transfer the money.

Apparently, it does still happen because I will be picking up the money in 90 minutes from right now.  No, I am not going to give any PII (personally identifiable information) to this donor.  I am not even going to see the donor, the donor is giving it to a 3rd party who will give it to me.  It will be in the form of a regular check.

Sounds like one of those Nigerian scams I get all the time.   
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1252 on: May 15, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »

Sounds like one of those Nigerian scams I get all the time.   

Nope, not anywhere close.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1253 on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:34 AM »

Glad to hear you have a sponsor for your trip.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1254 on: May 15, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

Why do people abbreviate things when they are just going to tell us what it means anyways?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1255 on: May 15, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1256 on: May 15, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?

No no no, Torie.......fleecing the donors is the game......got it now? 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1257 on: May 15, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?

the donor probably just heard about it through the grapevine, considered it a good cause, and decided to pony up the funds out of his good heart
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1258 on: May 15, 2012, 11:01:27 AM »

No no no, Torie.......fleecing the donors is the game......got it now? 

Bushie would use a verb that connotes an unethical separation of someone from their money?  I have not noticed that confession is a major part of Bushie's religious portfolio for starters.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1259 on: May 15, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »

the donor probably just heard about it through the grapevine, considered it a good cause, and decided to pony up the funds out of his good heart

BINGO.  I just got the check an hour ago and have it deposited in my account.  As soon as the funds become fully available, I am going to send it in to Maisha and have the trip paid for.

My guess, it was probably someone from the church we are going with (the same church we went with this past March).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1260 on: May 15, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »

I hear the cops are on the way to Bushie's house now Smiley
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1261 on: May 15, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »

I hear the cops are on the way to Bushie's house now Smiley

I highly doubt that...this donor story is one story that is completely believable from my experiences.  And if the check were bad, Bushie wouldn't be the one in trouble.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1262 on: May 15, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »

hmmmm...if Bushie's calling keeps landing him cash, something everyone wants, maybe the Forum will start believing him...

HOFSTEDDER: I'm still having these dreams, Doctor, and I
still can't stop myself from believing them.

DOCTOR: I've told, Mr. Hofstedder, to believe in one's
dreams is a manifestation of insanity.  And the sooner you
accept this, the sooner you will get well.

HOFSTEDDER: But I dreamed the Archangel appeared and
whispered into my ear and told me where to find a Golden
Wonka Ticket.

DOCTOR: And what exactly did he say?

HOFSTEDDER: Well what difference does that make?  This was a
dream, a fantasy.  I mean, you said just now--

DOCTOR: Shut up, Hofstedder, and tell me where the ticket
is!

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1263 on: May 15, 2012, 07:45:58 PM »

Bushie can I have the lottery numbers for tomorrow Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1264 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »

Bushie can I have the lottery numbers for tomorrow Roll Eyes

I don't play the lottery, so you'll have to find someone else.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1265 on: May 16, 2012, 03:56:39 AM »

From reading the theological debate between jmfcst and Bushie several pages back, my understanding is that "fleece" has some kind of theological connotation related to asking for a sign from God.  If I'm reading that exchange correctly, then the Church of BushOK suggests that one ask God for specific signs to help one figure out what God's directions are, whereas the Church of jmfcst says that that's nonsense, and God's directions are already spelled out in the Bible.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1266 on: May 16, 2012, 04:02:01 AM »

Fleece refers to Gideon who didn't believe an angel and hung out a fleece to test God's will to see if the angel was telling him an actual message from God, or whether the angel was bs'ing him. If you're interested enough for details, you can probably find more info through google, without too much difficulty.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1267 on: May 16, 2012, 06:22:43 AM »

Fleece refers to Gideon who didn't believe an angel and hung out a fleece to test God's will to see if the angel was telling him an actual message from God, or whether the angel was bs'ing him. If you're interested enough for details, you can probably find more info through google, without too much difficulty.

That's where it comes from.  I was encouraged to put out a fleece by one of the men who went with us on the trip.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1268 on: May 16, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »

That's where it comes from.  I was encouraged to put out a fleece by one of the men who went with us on the trip.

And it worked, someone got fleeced!!!!!!!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1269 on: May 16, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »

Is someone messing with Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1270 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1271 on: May 16, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »

Why don't you just donate the cash to charity? Surely that would do more good than flying yourself out there. And you'd get a tax deduction.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1272 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!

glad to hear.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1273 on: May 17, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »

Why don't you just donate the cash to charity? Surely that would do more good than flying yourself out there. And you'd get a tax deduction.

Seriously? Why do you have to be such a downer, eh?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1274 on: May 17, 2012, 06:30:30 AM »

Seriously? Why do you have to be such a downer, eh?

It's true though.. I'm sure the money would go much further just being donated.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies