As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312202 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: May 17, 2012, 07:01:34 AM »

Why don't you just donate the cash to charity? Surely that would do more good than flying yourself out there. And you'd get a tax deduction.

Seriously? Why do you have to be such a downer, eh?

It's true though.. I'm sure the money would go much further just being donated.

Yes, but the point of these "mission trips" aren't really about helping people efficiently.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1276 on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »

I assume the money was donated by a wealthy Update fan, who wants to see this particular plotline progress.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1277 on: May 17, 2012, 08:32:40 AM »

I assume the money was donated by a wealthy Update fan, who wants to see this particular plotline progress.

His granny and parents read the update?  Who knew?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1278 on: May 17, 2012, 09:49:35 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2012, 09:55:52 AM by consigliere jmfcst »

His granny and parents read the update?  Who knew?

No, Sherlock, look at the evidence…

We have a) a donor and b) a mutual friend…

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

And we have c) a 3rd party, and, again, a) the donor…

I am not going to give any PII (personally identifiable information) to this donor.  I am not even going to see the donor, the donor is giving it to a 3rd party who will give it to me.  It will be in the form of a regular check.

And lastly we have d) a fleece-encouraging member of the missionary trip

That's where it comes from.  I was encouraged to put out a fleece by one of the men who went with us on the trip.

Now, unless I am wrong, the donor, the mutual friend, the 3rd party, and the fleece-prompter…represent only 2 connected individuals (if not one and the same person), and the donor had knowledge of Bushie’s fleece.

Understand, in my church, it would be extremely uncommon to know of another person’s fleece, for in 19 years of going there, I have never heard of anyone having a fleece.  If someone has a fleece, it is kept private.  But in Bushie’s circle, fleeces are not only common, they are encouraged and broadcast.  So, it is no surprise the donor would have knowledge of the Bushie’s fleece.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1279 on: May 17, 2012, 10:12:22 AM »

Granny can't donate anonymously?  Wait, maybe  Granny doesn't know she has african great-grandchildren.....oh my. 
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1280 on: May 17, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »

Granny can't donate anonymously?  Wait, maybe  Granny doesn't know she has african great-grandchildren.....oh my.  

there are way too many people pulling Bushie's strings for Granny to be the prime suspect.  From what it appears, Bushie is surrounded by a hoard who are habitually addicted to going off half-cocked in attempting to manifest God in every change of the wind.

The only person in the story so far who seems to have any sense is the lady running the missionary.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1281 on: May 17, 2012, 10:20:12 AM »

Granny can't donate anonymously?  Wait, maybe  Granny doesn't know she has african great-grandchildren.....oh my.  

there are way too many people pulling Bushie's strings for Granny to be the prime suspect.  From what it appears, Bushie is surrounded by a hoard who are habitually addicted to going off half-cocked in attempting to manifest God in every change of the wind.

The only person in the story so far who seems to have any sense is the lady running the missionary.

QFT
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1282 on: May 17, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »

I feel like I am reading about the culture of some space alien in a sci fi novel. It is that far out there from anything I know, understand, or have experienced. This fleece thing in particular is really trippy. I think maybe the novel was written with a movie in mind. I guess in the end it is just an old fashioned asking for money.  But this is a much more cinematic way of doing it isn't it?  But hey, if it works, go for it baby!  Congratulations Bushie. You scored! Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1283 on: May 18, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »

Now that my trip is paid off all except for the spending and visa money, I can focus this fall on fundraising for other needs for Maisha, or start trying to save up for my 2014 trip, or even better start saving up for the possibility of staying in Kenya for 4-5 weeks in early 2014.

I am meeting with the Maisha Director again this coming Monday, 21 May at 12:00 before she goes to Kenya for the rest of the summer.  She won't be back in Oklahoma until August, but I'll be able to email her back and forth while she's down there so I can have her check out a few things as they come up, like if Maisha would approve of a particular rent house or something. (I don't have a rent house picked out), but if I do find a house, I can have her check it out.  She knows more about what areas to avoid in Kisumu than I do.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1284 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »

Save money for your kids.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1285 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »

Oh, I am, trust me. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1286 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:39 PM »

There are some updates I must make.  Something terrible has happened at Dell.  Oklahoma is an "at-will" employment state, meaning employers can terminate the employment of anybody at any time with or without notice.  I have no tenure there, having only been permanent for 10 weeks.  I received a notice this past week that my position was going to be cut on Monday, 21 May 2012.  I had to do some immediate scrambling and trying to find a job and thankfully, I went to the Xerox plant in Yukon, Oklahoma (western suburb of OKC).  I now have a job working with Xerox doing technical support for Apple.  The job starts on Monday, 18 June 2012 at either 06:00-14:30 or 15:00-23:30.  It will be a significant pay cut, but it will be a permanent position (no temp service).  Apple only has 3 call centers in the nation, Portland, Oregon; Raleigh, North Carolina; and one other city.  They are expanding into Oklahoma City on 18 June, so I am the very first class for Apple in Oklahoma City.  They will be promoting from within, which means my class will have the very first opportunities to promote into supervisory or team lead roles.  I may not have to be on the phones for very long and I may work up to the pay I was at with Dell within a pretty short period of time.  We'll see.  So, the job search began and the job search ended with one interview.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1287 on: May 21, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »

There are some updates I must make.  Something terrible has happened at Dell.  Oklahoma is an "at-will" employment state, meaning employers can terminate the employment of anybody at any time with or without notice.  I have no tenure there, having only been permanent for 10 weeks.  I received a notice this past week that my position was going to be cut on Monday, 21 May 2012.  I had to do some immediate scrambling and trying to find a job and thankfully, I went to the Xerox plant in Yukon, Oklahoma (western suburb of OKC).  I now have a job working with Xerox doing technical support for Apple.  The job starts on Monday, 18 June 2012 at either 06:00-14:30 or 15:00-23:30.  It will be a significant pay cut, but it will be a permanent position (no temp service).  Apple only has 3 call centers in the nation, Portland, Oregon; Raleigh, North Carolina; and one other city.  They are expanding into Oklahoma City on 18 June, so I am the very first class for Apple in Oklahoma City.  They will be promoting from within, which means my class will have the very first opportunities to promote into supervisory or team lead roles.  I may not have to be on the phones for very long and I may work up to the pay I was at with Dell within a pretty short period of time.  We'll see.  So, the job search began and the job search ended with one interview.
Didn't someone predict this?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1288 on: May 21, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »

Yeah.. If I remember correctly, that would be everyone on this forum.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1289 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:17 PM »

Well, good thing Bushie is supporting politicians like Mitt Romney who will protect employers' right to fire people for no reason and with no notice. America!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1290 on: May 21, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »

Well, good thing Bushie is supporting politicians like Mitt Romney who will protect employers' right to fire people for no reason and with no notice. America!

Somewhat ironic considering his employment history...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1291 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 09:32:15 PM by Torie »

In other news, Mr. Roper I think of the Gallop Poll was interviewed on NPR Marketplace (he's interviewed every week), and he said per his polls the state where residents had the most favorable view of their employment picture was well, you guessed it, Oklahoma! Imagine if Bushie lived in well, Riverside, CA, where there are no jobs to be found, or OC, where a friend of mine is living with me for awhile, because he can't find a job to save his life. And I get to "enjoy" his rug rats running around my house and in my pool every other weekend and on Tuesdays, to boot. Tongue

Bushie, did your parents spoil you rotten? I have to ask, because if I were your parent, I would have kicked your ass long ago, and hard.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1292 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »

In other news, Mr. Roper I think of the Gallop Poll was interviewed on NPR Marketplace (he's interviewed every week), and he said per his polls the state where residents had the most favorable view of their employment picture was well, you guessed it, Oklahoma! Imagine if Bushie lived in well, Riverside, CA, where there are no jobs to be found, or OC, where a friend of mine is living with me for awhile, because he can't find a job to save his life. And I get to "enjoy" his rug rats running around my house and in my pool every other weekend and on Tuesdays, to boot. Tongue

Bushie, did your parents spoil you rotten? I have to ask, because if I were your parent, I would have kicked your ass long ago, and hard.

...and repeatedly.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1293 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »

Yeah.. If I remember correctly, that would be everyone on this forum.
I was playing the Captain Obvious part.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1294 on: May 21, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »

First thing, this job-changing event is NOT my fault, so Torie and Polnut, shut it!

Second thing, this is not going to derail my Kenya plans.  It is not going to delay it and it is not going to speed it up.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1295 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »

First thing, this job-changing event is NOT my fault, so Torie and Polnut, shut it!

Second thing, this is not going to derail my Kenya plans.  It is not going to delay it and it is not going to speed it up.

OK, but in closing, I notice you did not respond to the question.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1296 on: May 21, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »

OK, but in closing, I notice you did not respond to the question.

They did spoil me, yes, but they did not spoil me to the point that I have no sense of reality.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1297 on: May 21, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »

What the....

Apple has a hell of a lot more than three call centers.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1298 on: May 22, 2012, 01:11:44 AM »

Sorry to hear that Jeff. Good Luck with the new job.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1299 on: May 22, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »

Sorry to hear about this, and glad you were successful in finding a replacement.

That said, I think this goes to show you, again that you need to stop planning years ahead. You see what can become of "careers", especially in places that can fire you at will.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies