As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:45:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312301 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »

But you have to learn from your mistakes or you will never succeed at anything! Life is about successes and failures, and every time we fail, we have to learn from those mistakes.

And you're still under the impression you will adopt these kids when the laws clearly say you cannot!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1351 on: May 24, 2012, 11:25:08 AM »

But you have to learn from your mistakes or you will never succeed at anything! Life is about successes and failures, and every time we fail, we have to learn from those mistakes.

I am learning.  I'm just very hard-headed.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm no longer under that impression, unless I can find a Kenya wife, which is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.  I know what the law says, and I am going to respect the law.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1352 on: May 24, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »

I know what its like to be hard headed. I am hard headed myself, but I am not beyond learning from my mistakes and failures. I still think if you are 100% sure you are going to move to Kenya, you should go now. Delaying it will only hurt any progress you can make in the US because you will constantly be looking to Kenya and in turn, constantly lose you job. That will only make it harder to move in 2-3 years.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1353 on: May 24, 2012, 11:37:52 AM »

So, I should not have followed my dream and gone to Africa?  Just because I have a job, does not mean I have to discard every dream or ambition I have ever had.

you obligations come before your dreams, even more so since you are under commandment from God to work for your employer as if you were working for Chirst himself.  

If you don't fulfill your obligations, you will never see your dreams fulfilled.  But, most of all, God is not going to bless and honor you, much less your dreams, if you don't honor your obligations.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1354 on: May 24, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »

Bushie, do your church friends share your opinion concerning who is responsible for your employment history?  And if so, can we still conclude their opinions are "bathed in prayer"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1355 on: May 24, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »

Bushie, do your church friends share your opinion concerning who is responsible for your employment history?  And if so, can we still conclude their opinions are "bathed in prayer"?

They definitely know that it's my responsibility, and so do I.  However, they still feel that dreams are not to be discarded or shoved to the backseat in favor of employment.

BTW, I am still not taking responsibility for being let go at Dell.  Sure, I made some mistakes, but everybody makes mistakes.

I seriously doubt that following my dream to go to Kenya was what doomed me.  I think it was getting sick and obeying doctor's orders after I came back that ultimately cost me.  Even then, I'm not 100% sure that's what cost me.  It likely played a part, but it wasn't the sole reason.  Especially when other people got let go.  It just coincided with Dell's stock plunging pretty low.  My Dad saw this coming long before I even mentioned Kenya.  He's pretty keen on the economic side of things and he saw this coming.  He sees a lot more growth  potential with Apple/Xerox than there was even with Dell and a million times more than ONG.  He is very excited that I am going to work for Xerox (which was his idea, as soon as he heard that i was going to be laid off from Dell, he grabbed the newspaper, Mom gave him an ink pen and he found Xerox and circled it and then immediately drove 13 miles to my house and dropped the paper off on my computer desk.  I called him that evening (Sunday evening) and said I was going to go up there first thing Monday.  I applied online at Xerox at 10:00 am on Monday and was up there by 11:20 am and passed the assessment with flying colors (having little previous knowledge of Apple products), and flew through the first interview and the second interview with the hiring manager, and was sat down at a computer to wait for my new hire documents and then took the drug test).  But, again, my father saw this coming and really was not all that suprised by it.  Was he disappointed? Sure, but he never once has blamed me for it.  He's extremely excited about Xerox.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1356 on: May 24, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

Until you take responsibility for your failures, you'll never learn from them.

You were one of the first to be let go from Dell because of your trip. You didn't give off the aura that you were a dedicated employee given your past behavior and that the reason you were laid off if they were downsizing. Since you were promoted just before being let go, I doubt it was your performance on the job. It was your nonchalant attitude. Taking 3 weeks off to go to Kenya. Staying out sick when you got back. Those things together add up. They saw you more as a liability than an asset to the workplace.

And dreams are not to be discarded, but they are to be put behind stable employment and realistic goals. You can have a dream and keep it in mind, but you need to work hard a what you're doing in order to make that dream a reality. You aren't. Instead, you're simply focusing on kenya, going back there next year, and letting your real life slip away. That's why you need to go to Kenya now if you don't plan to change anytime soon. That, or you will be forced to change now that your parents are no longer supporting you financially whenever you screw up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1357 on: May 24, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »

A massive company's stock taking a short-term beating doesn't cause them to axe a few people from a contracted call center.

And not taking responsibility for your dismissal is the whole problem.

Sorry but those two things are true.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1358 on: May 24, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »

Bushie's Daddy is apparently a financial seer. Who knew?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1359 on: May 24, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »

And it's safer to work for a call center for Xerox, than it ever would be at ONG. Because if there is one thing we all know, natural gas is going away, and FAST!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1360 on: May 24, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »

Until you take responsibility for your failures, you'll never learn from them.

You were one of the first to be let go from Dell because of your trip. You didn't give off the aura that you were a dedicated employee given your past behavior and that the reason you were laid off if they were downsizing. Since you were promoted just before being let go, I doubt it was your performance on the job. It was your nonchalant attitude. Taking 3 weeks off to go to Kenya. Staying out sick when you got back. Those things together add up. They saw you more as a liability than an asset to the workplace.

And dreams are not to be discarded, but they are to be put behind stable employment and realistic goals. You can have a dream and keep it in mind, but you need to work hard a what you're doing in order to make that dream a reality. You aren't. Instead, you're simply focusing on kenya, going back there next year, and letting your real life slip away. That's why you need to go to Kenya now if you don't plan to change anytime soon. That, or you will be forced to change now that your parents are no longer supporting you financially whenever you screw up.

I may have made some mistakes.  I'm not disputing that.  However, I don't believe that following my heart to Kenya was a mistake.

Yes, I was focused on moving to Kenya, but the fundamental reason I was not going to move right away remains the same, I don't have the funds to pull off the move.  I have to work here and make money so I can fund the trip in 2-3 years time.  Making less money now with Xerox, means I will just have to work a little harder and take advantage of any overtime that is offered.  Plus, I will have several holidays approaching in which I can make double time-and-a-half, such as July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.  The last 6 months of the year have holidays every other month at least.

If you expect me to express any kind of regret, you can forget about it, because I have no regrets.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1361 on: May 24, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »

You can learn from mistakes while not having regrets. Many things I have failed at in the past are things I don't regret doing, but I learned from them all the same.

And you have proved my point. By looking ahead or investing all your time and energy into focusing on Kenya, you are actually hurting your chances of ever moving there and hurting the money those kids you are sponsoring desperately need. If you are taking on those kids to support, you have to realize your decisions are now bigger than yourself. Being careless at a job hurts not only you, but them.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1362 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:06 PM »

didnt his dad encourage him to quit the gas company to go to the on company or ameriscam..whichever it was..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1363 on: May 24, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »

You can learn from mistakes while not having regrets. Many things I have failed at in the past are things I don't regret doing, but I learned from them all the same.

And you have proved my point. By looking ahead or investing all your time and energy into focusing on Kenya, you are actually hurting your chances of ever moving there and hurting the money those kids you are sponsoring desperately need. If you are taking on those kids to support, you have to realize your decisions are now bigger than yourself. Being careless at a job hurts not only you, but them.

I agree with you on this post.  And, I may have been a little careless with Dell.  I will not deny that.  The good news is, though, I have another chance with Xerox.  I'm just on an extended, unpaid vacation as my dad calls it.  Thankfully, this vacation has an end date in just 3 1/2 weeks.  The bad news, I lost my job at Dell.  The good news, I have another job to take its place.  It doesn't pay as much, but it pays a heck of a lot more than $0.00 and it is stable employment.  I'm going to hang on to Xerox with all I've got, so i don't hurt my children.  My children will not go hungry because of my job situation.  I have a job, and I'm proud of it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1364 on: May 24, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »

Can't you get unemployment benefits for the next 3 1/2 weeks?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1365 on: May 24, 2012, 03:40:27 PM »

Maybe, but doesn't it take forever for it to get started?  I know the tried and true answer will be "it'll take forever if you never get started", but seriously even if I did apply let's say on Tuesday (after the holiday), will I be approved and have checks coming in my mail before Friday, June 15, 2012?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1366 on: May 24, 2012, 03:41:41 PM »

Maybe, but doesn't it take forever for it to get started?  I know the tried and true answer will be "it'll take forever if you never get started", but seriously even if I did apply let's say on Tuesday (after the holiday), will I be approved and have checks coming in my mail before Friday, June 15, 2012?

Even if not, it would be retroactive, right? So it can only help you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1367 on: May 24, 2012, 03:43:49 PM »

Maybe, but doesn't it take forever for it to get started?  I know the tried and true answer will be "it'll take forever if you never get started", but seriously even if I did apply let's say on Tuesday (after the holiday), will I be approved and have checks coming in my mail before Friday, June 15, 2012?

Even if not, it would be retroactive, right? So it can only help you.

One thing I need to get over is pride.  I have never taken a dime from the government dole, and I don't want to start now, especially if my current financial state says I don't need to.

Having said that, I will definitely be going there on Tuesday.  I don't figure it would do much good on a Friday before a 3-day weekend.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1368 on: May 24, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »

Pride? You pay taxes. That's what taxes are for - to fund government programs. If you qualify for something, it's only reasonable and certainly nothing to be ashamed of if you accept it. Whether you "need" it or not.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1369 on: May 24, 2012, 03:55:16 PM »

Fine, file for it and send it to your kids.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1370 on: May 24, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »

Fine, file for it and send it to your kids.

I'll definitely be going down there on Tuesday and seeing what they say.  The worst they can say is "no", right? 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1371 on: May 24, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2012, 09:33:52 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

Bushie reminds me of a few individuals during my partying days - you go to pick up your home boys to go cruising and smoke a couple of joints.  But when you arrive at your buddy's house, you find his uncle's family is visiting and one of his cousin's jumps into the back seat and you have to bring him along for the night.

But after rolling a couple of numbers and getting stoned, listening to all of his cousin's BS totally kills your buzz.  So you tell you buddy, "Sorry, bro, but I can't take any more of your [Inks]ing cousin!"  And you find the first random street in the hood and kick him out of your car.  

Then you burn another one to help convince your buddy not to worry about all the crap his extended family is going to give him in the coming days.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1372 on: May 24, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Can we all talk about this please?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1373 on: May 24, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »

Bushie reminds me of a few individuals during my partying days - you go to pick up your home boys to go cruising and smoke a couple of joints.  But when you arrive at your buddy's house, you find his uncle's family is visiting and one of his cousin's jumps into the back seat and you have to bring him along for the night.

But after rolling a couple of numbers and getting stoned, listening to all of his cousin's BS totally kills your buzz.  So you tell you buddy, "Sorry, bro, but I can't take anymore of your [Inks]ing cousin!"  And you find the first random street in the hood and kick him out of your car. 

Then you burn another one to help convince your buddy not to worry about all the crap his extended family is going to give him in the coming days.

That just went miles over my head.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1374 on: May 24, 2012, 05:25:47 PM »

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Can we all talk about this please?

Which part?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies