As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:02:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313381 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: May 24, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Can we all talk about this please?

Which part?

This seems an admission of trolling the forum for the amusement of a banned poster.  If this is the case Atlas should give him his walking papers too.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1376 on: May 24, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Which part?

This seems an admission of trolling the forum for the amusement of a banned poster.  If this is the case Atlas should give him his walking papers too.

No, we just discuss the happenings of the forum and we laugh about it on occasion.  Can we not talk about anything we want without people calling for my head because I am talking to one of the most hated people in the history of this forum?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1377 on: May 24, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Which part?

This seems an admission of trolling the forum for the amusement of a banned poster.  If this is the case Atlas should give him his walking papers too.

No, we just discuss the happenings of the forum and we laugh about it on occasion.  Can we not talk about anything we want without people calling for my head because I am talking to one of the most hated people in the history of this forum?

What do you laugh about then, how you have ignored every good piece of advice anyone on this forum has ever given you?  That doesn't seem like something you should be laughing about.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1378 on: May 24, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »

Which part?

Nah, just pretty much the laughing at other people with jamespol is what I want to talk about. Sounds like a ball.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1379 on: May 24, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »

Which part?

What do you laugh about then, how you have ignored every good piece of advice anyone on this forum has ever given you?  That doesn't seem like something you should be laughing about.

Pretty much!  We laugh because both sides are hard headed and seemingly unwilling to give an inch.  We laugh at the tug-of-war, even though I'm one of the teams in the tug-of-war.  We also laugh because the reality of the situation is not near as dire as what the forum thinks it is.  Perhaps that's because I'm being too candid to the point that I'm slightly over exaggerting.  That is possible.  I do tend to overthink things which causes the forum to overreact because of my extreme candidness. 

I will rebut one of your points, though, it was this forum that brought me out of ON Company and Ameriscam and the vacuum time wasters and it was this forum that got me to realize that I am not going to be able to adopt my children without either an American bride or a Kenyan bride.  If you've noticed, I haven't brought that up in a few weeks.  It is this forum along with my parents that, even though I'm appearing very hard headed and very stubborn, that is showing me where I can, and need to, improve at Xerox over how I handled Dell and the previous places.  I have to give props to Duke and ,IIRC, Grumps, in particular, who got me thinking that I need to focus on this next job at Xerox and zero in on it and take care of it so I can provide for my children and be in a better position to move down there.  I can't move down there, yet, because I don't have the funding, and I won't have the funding if I can't take care of a job up here.  So, believe me, Patrick, I am listening intently on what this forum is saying.  I may talk a good game, but I am listening.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1380 on: May 24, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »

bushie...you've only been given common sense advice about your overall situation.  if you have to rely on an internet forum for so much common sense advice, then you should scale back your plans until you have a handle on the basics.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1381 on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:11 PM »

bushie...you've only been given common sense advice about your overall situation.  if you have to rely on an internet forum for so much common sense advice, then you should scale back your plans until you have a handle on the basics.

Even with common sense advice, which it was, sometimes you have to hear it from someone else before it sinks in.  The forum has only echoed my parents advice.  So, I'm hearing it from my parents, people who have been there, and who are not internet friends.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1382 on: May 25, 2012, 12:29:50 AM »

I am gonna throw a curveball - can you get employed in Kenya at Xerox?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1383 on: May 25, 2012, 12:33:14 AM »

I am gonna throw a curveball - can you get employed in Kenya at Xerox?

I haven't researched that far, yet, but good question, though. Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1384 on: May 25, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »

Bushie, sorry for mis-reading the nature of your yuks with jamespol then.  A lot of good people here have taken time out to try to help you along.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1385 on: May 25, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »

Bushie, sorry for mis-reading the nature of your yuks with jamespol then.  A lot of good people here have taken time out to try to help you along.

You're fine, don't worry about it.  I really do appreciate the forum taking time out of their busy lives to give the advice.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: May 25, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »

I figured out something this morning.

I am way too old to stay up until 2:00 am.  (I didn't get in bed until 2:15).  Subsequently, I didn't get up until 11:00.  I am way too old to be doing that, because now the day is literally almost half over (as of noon) and my left shoulder is sore, and I've got a headache from sleeping too late.  I'll be paying for this all day.  I can stay up until midnight just fine, and 1:00 is not that big of a deal, but once I get past 1:00, forget it, I need to go to bed.  I'm 30 years old and I'm not as young as I used to be.  My college self is long gone.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1387 on: May 25, 2012, 11:43:34 AM »

I figured out something this morning.

I am way too old to stay up until 2:00 am.  (I didn't get in bed until 2:15).  Subsequently, I didn't get up until 11:00.  I am way too old to be doing that, because now the day is literally almost half over (as of noon) and my left shoulder is sore, and I've got a headache from sleeping too late.  I'll be paying for this all day.  I can stay up until midnight just fine, and 1:00 is not that big of a deal, but once I get past 1:00, forget it, I need to go to bed.  I'm 30 years old and I'm not as young as I used to be.  My college self is long gone.

It's just a matter of what you're used to.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1388 on: May 25, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

...my left shoulder is sore, and I've got a headache from sleeping too late.

Are you 30 or 87?

I'd love to see your "college self."
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1389 on: May 25, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »

Are you 30 or 87?

He does get senior discounts at restaurants...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: May 25, 2012, 11:51:53 AM »

Are you 30 or 87?

To be honest, I'm not sure sometimes!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

I wasn't too wild in college, but I did pull many 2, 3, 4 am mornings.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1391 on: May 25, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »

Are you 30 or 87?

He does get senior discounts at restaurants...

LOL,

We went to the same place last evening for dinner and I looked at the ticket and we were charged correctly, this time!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1392 on: May 28, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »

As of this Friday, 1 June 2012, I will be exactly 2 3/4 years from my projected move date to the Republic of Kenya which is 1 March 2015!!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1393 on: May 29, 2012, 09:05:23 AM »

No way!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1394 on: May 31, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »

OK this is just trolling.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1395 on: May 31, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »

Maybe, but I'm just giving an update.  I will continue to give updates, but soon they will be real updates, not troll updates.  Why? I am only 2 1/2 weeks from starting at Xerox, so we'll be getting that revved up again.  Plus, I did apply for another, higher paying job yesterday, which i will hear about sometime next week.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1396 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:36 PM »

Save your money for your bills and your kids.......
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1397 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »

Applying for other jobs before start date really shows the level of commitment I look for in my employees.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1398 on: May 31, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

Someone needs to convince The Professor to run a commentary in the Update Thread.  That's the only way to make it interesting again.

Bushie is applying for a new job before he starts this job?  How many of The Professor's students would apply to be in another class before they started his class?  That's not a good way to get girls.  He knows because he is a professor....

...and so on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1399 on: May 31, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »

Applying for other jobs before start date really shows the level of commitment I look for in my employees.

It shows the commitment I have to my family.  Once June 18 hits, if I have no other job that pays more and has more immediate benefits and is a better fit, then I will remain completely committed to Xerox.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies