As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:46:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312228 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:39 AM »

Applying for other jobs before start date really shows the level of commitment I look for in my employees.
the 1%
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1401 on: June 01, 2012, 01:43:44 AM »

...my left shoulder is sore, and I've got a headache from sleeping too late.

Are you 30 or 87?

I'd love to see your "college self."
He does get senior discounts at restaurants...

LOL,

We went to the same place last evening for dinner and I looked at the ticket and we were charged correctly, this time!
Did your clothing preferences change?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1402 on: June 01, 2012, 06:44:55 AM »

Bushie's college self? He earned his e-degree in e-marketing after completing an online quiz, which took him probably twenty minutes.

God bless modern Oklahoma education!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1403 on: June 01, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »

I just got a call from Xerox informing me that I am officially cleared to begin work on Monday, 18 June 2012.  The times are not known at this particular time as they are still trying to iron out the details for this class.  They do know there will be two classes one in the morning from 06:00-14:30 and the other from 15:00-23:30 Monday-Friday for the first four weeks which would take me through Friday, 13 July 2012.  After that, the schedules will likely go nuts again.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1404 on: June 01, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 03:54:13 PM by Torie »

I just got a call from Xerox informing me that I am officially cleared to begin work on Monday, 18 June 2012.  The times are not known at this particular time as they are still trying to iron out the details for this class.  They do know there will be two classes one in the morning from 06:00-14:30 and the other from 15:00-23:30 Monday-Friday for the first four weeks which would take me through Friday, 13 July 2012.  After that, the schedules will likely go nuts again.

How much does this job pay again?  I am just wondering if you have prepared a spreadsheet with a financial plan (be sure to include the cost of the presents you will buy for two Christmases by the way - you do know that present giving is Pagan by the way don't you?) of just how you will amass a financial war chest for your foray into Kenya to save the children (in more ways than one of course). Or is the plan to just make ends meet, and do a redux of the fleece thing from time to time as necessary? If only you could make yourself into a 501(c)(3) charity, then the fleecees could get a deduction for their payments to the fleeceor. Maybe you could get your congressman to put in a private bill for you. That was how my dad got our illegal Hispanic maid legalized back in the 1960's. I went to school with the daughter of the Congressman, and so it was a Daddy, to Torie to Congressman's daughter to Congressman infield play. Not bad for an 11 year old eh?  Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1405 on: June 01, 2012, 04:11:49 PM »

I just got a call from Xerox informing me that I am officially cleared to begin work on Monday, 18 June 2012.  The times are not known at this particular time as they are still trying to iron out the details for this class.  They do know there will be two classes one in the morning from 06:00-14:30 and the other from 15:00-23:30 Monday-Friday for the first four weeks which would take me through Friday, 13 July 2012.  After that, the schedules will likely go nuts again.

How much does this job pay again?  I am just wondering if you have prepared a spreadsheet with a financial plan (be sure to include the cost of the presents you will buy for two Christmases by the way - you do know that present giving is Pagan by the way don't you?) of just how you will amass a financial war chest for your foray into Kenya to save the children (in more ways than one of course). Or is the plan to just make ends meet, and do a redux of the fleece thing from time to time as necessary? If only you could make yourself into a 501(c)(3) charity, then the fleecees could get a deduction for their payments to the fleeceor. Maybe you could get your congressman to put in a private bill for you. That was how my dad got our illegal Hispanic maid legalized back in the 1960's. I went to school with the daughter of the Congressman, and so it was a Daddy, to Torie to Congressman's daughter to Congressman infield play. Not bad for an 11 year old eh?  Tongue

The job doesn't pay near as much as Dell, but it is permanent and it is a direct-hire, not a temp-to-hire.  It will get my career started immediately instead of working for x months before getting my career started.

I do have a spreadsheet with my projected finances from now through the middle of October with every bill I have and anticipate between now and then with the knowledge that it is very fluid and very tentative.  I update it at least 3 times each week.  I am pretty good about tracking my finances.  Right now, this is primarily to make ends meet and to provide for my two children.  I'm not thinking of Christmas gifts right now for anybody, let alone my children.

The good news with this position, is that since Apple is moving to Oklahoma City for the first time, and that they promote from within, I will be able to promote relatively quickly and possibly get back to a decent wage again very soon.

My return trip to Kenya next March is already paid for, so I don't have to worry about that.  I am now going to start putting back for my month-long stay in Kenya for my "assessment period" of the living conditions which I hope to do in early 2014, maybe going there around February 22, 2014 and coming back when the team comes back on March 24.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1406 on: June 01, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 04:21:29 PM by Torie »

I was asking I guess for the hourly pay rate, so I could get some sense as to whether your spreadsheet was of this world, or more of the next actually, where the waters turn to wine with no production costs. I mean, I have some modest skill with financial spreadsheets myself. See, we have something in common. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1407 on: June 01, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »

I was asking I guess for the hourly pay rate, so I could get some sense as to whether your spreadsheet was of this world, or more of the next actually, where waters turns to wine with no production costs. I mean, I have some modest skill with financial spreadsheets myself. See, we have something in common. Smiley

For the first 8 weeks (through Friday, 10 August 2012), I will be making $10.00/hr.  After that, I will make $12.00/hr.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1408 on: June 01, 2012, 04:24:51 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 04:29:15 PM by Torie »

I was asking I guess for the hourly pay rate, so I could get some sense as to whether your spreadsheet was of this world, or more of the next actually, where waters turns to wine with no production costs. I mean, I have some modest skill with financial spreadsheets myself. See, we have something in common. Smiley

For the first 8 weeks (through Friday, 10 August 2012), I will be making $10.00/hr.  After that, I will make $12.00/hr.

So 24K per year more of less in gross pay prior to FICA and some other minor offsets, maybe 20K net. Maybe you should post your spreadsheet so we could help you "refine" it, and make this a team effort.

By the way, do you plan to lose any weight prior to facing the daunting challenges of Kenya? I mean, you need to get your resistance up.  You don't want to be a sickie in Kenya do you? Do they have "free" medical care in Kenya for foreigners?  By the way, can you legally go to Kenya, and just stay, or do they bounce you out after six months?  Or is the plan to become an illegal there?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1409 on: June 01, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »

For the first 8 weeks (through Friday, 10 August 2012), I will be making $10.00/hr.  After that, I will make $12.00/hr.

So 24K per year more of less in gross pay prior to FICA and some other minor offsets, maybe 20K net. Maybe you should post your spreadsheet so we could help you "refine" it, and make this a team effort.

Pretty much.  My benefits won't take effect until the 1st of the month following 90 days of employment, which will be 1 October.  As for my spreadsheet, I still reserve some form of privacy. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1410 on: June 01, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 04:37:12 PM by Torie »

Bushie, you already told us all there is to know about your sex life. How much you spend on housing and sugared soft drinks and pizza and utilities (do you turn the AC on in the summer?), seems rather prosaic by comparison, no?  (Oh, I forgot the tithing God wants you to do, so that is a 2K expense right there, or maybe 2.4K if the 10% is off the gross rather than the net.) Yes, I knew that you would agree. It is not as if you have pot bills, or hooker/gigolo bills, or anything (not even booze right?). (Yes, my spreadsheet would probably be more interesting.) We are here to help Bushie. Think about it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1411 on: June 01, 2012, 05:03:30 PM »

Bushie, you already told us all there is to know about your sex life. How much you spend on housing and sugared soft drinks and pizza and utilities (do you turn the AC on in the summer?), seems rather prosaic by comparison, no?  (Oh, I forgot the tithing God wants you to do, so that is a 2K expense right there, or maybe 2.4K if the 10% is off the gross rather than the net.) Yes, I knew that you would agree. It is not as if you have pot bills, or hooker/gigolo bills, or anything (not even booze right?). (Yes, my spreadsheet would probably be more interesting.) We are here to help Bushie. Think about it.

Still, there are somethings that should remain private.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1412 on: June 01, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »

Ok, fair enough. Wear sex on your sleeve, but keep the sugared soft drinks closeted. Good luck! 
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1413 on: June 01, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »

How about we put a part of your expenses as "private" Bushie? You give us the estimate, we have the forum figure out the rest of the spreadsheet, and help you figure where you can cut back to help you save for your Kenyan adventures. You can also tell us if it's possible to cutback on the private expenses.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1414 on: June 01, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »

As bonus we can start a betting pool on Bushie's private expenses in case they ever get revealed, where members of the forum can buy-in.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1415 on: June 01, 2012, 05:23:07 PM »

How about we put a part of your expenses as "private" Bushie? You give us the estimate, we have the forum figure out the rest of the spreadsheet, and help you figure where you can cut back to help you save for your Kenyan adventures. You can also tell us if it's possible to cutback on the private expenses.

No, I appreciate the offer, and I know this forum could give good advice as it has over the past 3 or more years of the Update life.  However, I choose to keep it private for obvious reasons that you never know who could be reading this forum and might use it against me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1416 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »

No, I appreciate the offer, and I know this forum could give good advice as it has over the past 3 or more years of the Update life.  However, I choose to keep it private for obvious reasons that you never know who could be reading this forum and might use it against me.

Bushie, we have more than enough already to put you away for life as it were, but we love you, and would never use it against you. But no problem.  It was just meant as a friendly offer. Whatever you are spending money on, or whatever other transfer payments you are getting that you don't want to disclose, is mere rounding error. As I said, my spreadsheet would lap yours several times over, and well, I have sort of "disclosed" mine. Life is beautiful, and the more you just open up, the happier you are. Closets are just so constricting - veritable self imposed prisons.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1417 on: June 02, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »

Bushie, we have more than enough already to put you away for life as it were, but we love you, and would never use it against you. But no problem.  It was just meant as a friendly offer. Whatever you are spending money on, or whatever other transfer payments you are getting that you don't want to disclose, is mere rounding error. As I said, my spreadsheet would lap yours several times over, and well, I have sort of "disclosed" mine. Life is beautiful, and the more you just open up, the happier you are. Closets are just so constricting - veritable self imposed prisons.

You have? Please direct me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1418 on: June 03, 2012, 09:51:23 PM »

I am two weeks from beginning my job at Xerox.  While I don't know officially my shift for the first four weeks, I am pretty sure it will be 06:00-14:30.  With that in mind, beginning this Tuesday, I will start trending my wake up times every morning so when the morning of Monday, 18 June 2012 rolls around I will be prepared.  With a 06:00 start time, I want to be there by 05:15, and it is a 30 minute drive, so I will be leaving the house between 4:45-4:50 each morning.  I plan on having my alarm settle at 2:45 am to give me a full two hours to get ready for work.  This means I will need to be in bed by 20:00 or 20:30 at the latest.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1419 on: June 03, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »

...45 minutes early? At my call center the doors aren't even openable until 30 minutes before we open. And the only people who show up 45 minutes early, or more than 15 minutes really are the people who carpool with people who start sooner.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1420 on: June 04, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »

No, it gives me a nice cushion in case of traffic (but at 5:00, I don't think there will be much traffic), but more than that, it gives me time to settle down, get a drink, use the facilities, and relax before the day starts.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1421 on: June 04, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »

He's done this before guys. I'm not surprised he's planning to show up so early. I doubt you'll run into any traffic at 5am though...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1422 on: June 04, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »

He's done this before guys. I'm not surprised he's planning to show up so early. I doubt you'll run into any traffic at 5am though...

Fo realz! Oklahoma has like.. 30 cars, maybe 35 MAX.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1423 on: June 04, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »

Fo realz! Oklahoma has like.. 30 cars, maybe 35 MAX.

Hey, now, we have 40 and you know it. Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1424 on: June 05, 2012, 03:30:36 AM »

How do you double what a car's worth in Oklahoma?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies