As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312136 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: June 11, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »

I tend not to worry about it. My company pays for 100% of my insurance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1476 on: June 11, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »

Every time I think this saga is dying down a bit, a new and exciting turn comes along!

How long until BushOK...er...Chief Windswayer makes a pilgrimage to a reservation?

No plans on that at this time.
Do you understand sarcasm at all?

Yes, and I was playing his game. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1477 on: June 11, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »

As you know, I begin my new career in one week on Monday, 18 June 2012.  I found out my hours for the first four weeks.  I will be working 15:30-00:00 Monday-Friday.  I was expecting 06:00-14:30, but I knew it could be the evening shift.  I will lose my evenings for a month, but I will get shift differential pay.  That may come back and bite a little bit come tax time, but I'm not worried about next Spring, I'm worried about June and July 2012.  So, all the talk about me getting up at 03:00 is out the window.  Instead, I'll be going to bed around 03:00!!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1478 on: June 12, 2012, 03:34:27 AM »

Wait, you got fired... again?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1479 on: June 12, 2012, 03:43:27 AM »

Let me see if I have this correct:

So you did not want to claim unemployment, something you actually paid into, because that would be mooching, but you show up for a few hours to a pow wow and you are entitled to free health care in perpetuity.  

I can't speak from direct experience but I know most of these tribes and those on reservations are pretty desperately poor and have a dearth of resources.  Some white guy with 3% and very distant ancestry  taking up resources doesn't seem right to me.

I'd be interested in BRTD take on this- didnt he live on a reservation as a youth?
Get off your high horse. He's a poor in need of medical attention. It's a national disgrace that he's not entitled to care as an American citizen, but that's just the way it is. I would absolutely go for the free medical care in his position. I'd be interested to know if mental health care is covered also. Not trying to be a jerk about it, but I suspect that's something he could use as well.

Thanks, Memphis.  I don't see anything wrong with it and I definitely don't feel bad about it.  This is not mooching, it is using what I'm entitled to and something I desperately need.  If this is going to save me a hypothetical, but not unrealistic, $4,000 a year, that is $333.33 a month saved.  That will make my pay cut not seem so bad.  A side note, this even covers my OTC allergy medicine (Zyrtec, Claritin).  When I get my insurance in October, I will have to tell them I have insurance and they have to file with the insurance, but the tribe will pick up my portion of the cost, so I still don't have to pay anything.

From what I've heard this even works if, heaven forbid, I'm hurt on the job and have to go to the Emergency Room and end up hospitalized for a few days, I can get my entire bill paid for or at least heavily discounted.

Again, I'm going tomorrow morning to Shawnee to fill out the application along with my mother.

The only downside is my doctor would be 45 miles from my work, but if I get free service, I'll go!

Your monthly savings is more than I spend per year on healthcare. Shocked
It's news to you that healthcare is insanely overpriced here in the US? You should know that it's also a common experience to have to wait weeks for an appointment, then wait hours after your appointment time to be seen, be seen for just a minute or two, and then receive a bill for a few hundred dollars. And usually that's just to receive a permission slip to buy a drug that is also outrageously priced. A short hospital stay can easily cost a man a year's salary. And while fixing it all wouldn't be simple, it's not difficult to figure out that there are far too many hands in the cookie jar. Insurance companies, people whose job is to take pills from big bottles and put them in small bottles, and at every step of the way, an enormous army of very well paid advertisers and salesmen. And millions of Americans go bankrupt trying to manage the system. And plenty of them even have insurance. And now that even the government is going bankrupt just trying to pay for basic care for the elderly and destitute, it looks like this burden will soon be pushed even further onto those least able to afford it. All that said, I find it very difficult to cast judgement on Bushie for finding a way to circumvent this train wreck. Any sane person in his position would do the same.

No, it's not news to me, I just still find it surprising. I can probably count the number of doctor/hospital visits I've done in my life on my two hands. Unless one has a chronic disease I'm not sure what one does to rack up these kinds of costs.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1480 on: June 12, 2012, 04:15:37 AM »

Bushie, if you adopted those Kenyan kids and brought them back to Oklahoma, would they be eligible for free Indian health care?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1481 on: June 12, 2012, 08:24:02 AM »

Someone's been a lil too pre-occupied with their band, I see Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1482 on: June 12, 2012, 09:00:56 AM »

BushOK might be called up to star in an Obama ad. "Some say the economy isn't doing well. Some say they can't find a job. Hogwash! I've been able to find a job basically every other month even after being fired countless times!"
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1483 on: June 12, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »

From what I've heard this even works if, heaven forbid, I'm hurt on the job and have to go to the Emergency Room and end up hospitalized for a few days, I can get my entire bill paid for or at least heavily discounted.

Call centers can be perilous work environments, for sure.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1484 on: June 12, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »

Call centers can be perilous work environments, for sure.

Its just a hypothetical scenario.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1485 on: June 12, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »

BUSHIE!!! You're overlooking something major here: please shave your moustache before going to the PowWow.  You might meet a nice Potawatomi girl, Bushie. You never know what God has in store. Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1486 on: June 12, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »

BUSHIE!!! You're overlooking something major here: please shave your moustache before going to the PowWow.  You might meet a nice Potawatomi girl, Bushie. You never know what God has in store. Wink

Yes, this x100.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1487 on: June 12, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »

BushOK might be called up to star in an Obama ad. "Some say the economy isn't doing well. Some say they can't find a job. Hogwash! I've been able to find a job basically every other month even after being fired countless times!"

You talking about RomneyKenya?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1488 on: June 13, 2012, 04:15:13 AM »

btw... it's not a career... it's a job.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1489 on: June 13, 2012, 04:18:53 AM »

It's always a career. Until it's gone. Then the next career begins.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1490 on: June 13, 2012, 07:49:23 AM »

It's always a career. Until it's gone. Then the next career begins.

Well, a call center job can be a career, but it depends on the company and of course the person. Take for example the job I have in a call center at Northwestern Mutual. There are many advancement opportunities within the call center and the company also loves to fill other positions in the company internally so there are a lot of areas to go into after the required 22 months.

But the other part is on the person, and Bushie does not instil comfidence in me that this will actually turn into a career.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1491 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »

I just got called with an appointment with the Indian Clinic.  It is on Saturday, 30 June 2012 at 8:00 am.  That is the day of the Citizen Potawatomi Festival (formerly Pow Wow), so I will be going down there then and staying for the Pow Wow.  The appointment should last until just before 10:00.

As for the job.  The reason I am not calling it a career at this point, is I only plan on staying there for 2 1/2 - 3 years as I hope to be moving to Kenya by 1 March 2015.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1492 on: June 14, 2012, 06:09:57 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2012, 06:28:56 AM by His Great Device Makes Him Famous »

It is on Saturday, 30 June 2012 at 8:00 am.  That is the day of the Citizen Potawatomi Festival (formerly Pow Wow), so I will be going down there then and staying for the Pow Wow. 

Of course you are.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1493 on: June 14, 2012, 08:04:17 AM »

I think it's cool Bushie is going to a pow wow. We could all know a bit more about our background.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1494 on: June 14, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »

Bushie I never asked, but do your kids know you're their dad exclusively, and do they write and call you daddy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1495 on: June 15, 2012, 05:37:24 AM »

Bushie I never asked, but do your kids know you're their dad exclusively, and do they write and call you daddy?

Yes to all questions.

----

I am about to head up to Northwestern Oklahoma to bid my beloved college suitemate adieu.  He passed away late Monday night after nearly 5 years battling Leukemia.  I'm going to leave here just before 6:00 and drive to Alva, our college town, and take a drive around town and then drive back to Enid for the funeral.  I haven't picked up a tuba in 10 years, but my suitemate wanted a band to play at his funeral.  They have asked me to play, as well, and I said I would be honored to honor my suitemate in that capacity.  I should be back into the OKC Metro by 5:30 and then will go straight to my cousins' for Bible Study before I come back home.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1496 on: June 15, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »

My condolences on the loss of your friend.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1497 on: June 15, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »

I'm home from a beautiful service honoring and celebrating the life of my college suitemate.  I drove 400 miles today just so i could have time to myself and reflect.  I left home at 5:45 this morning and just got home at 21:05.  I came home and found out that one of my next door neighbors passed away at 05:30 am today.  I wasn't especially close to him per se, but his son has cut my lawn quite often and done other yard work for me.  I've got many, many emotions running through my head right now, but I am rejoicing that Sunday is my first Father's Day thanks to my African children.  They are the apple of my eye and I so want to be there right now and hug them tightly, but I'm hugging them in Spirit!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1498 on: June 16, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »

Ugh, you can't even be bothered to do your own yard work? You're no father, a father doesn't want nobody touching his damn grass.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1499 on: June 16, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »

Really?  After a hard week you have to insult me?  Gee, thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies