As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:55:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313135 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: July 13, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »

One of my brothers has taken several mission trips to Kenya and loved it. Hopefully you will enjoy it as well! Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1676 on: July 13, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »

One of my brothers has taken several mission trips to Kenya and loved it. Hopefully you will enjoy it as well! Smiley

I really enjoyed it this past March and I'm itching to go back this coming March!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1677 on: July 13, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »

Your lord truly loves you, Bushie!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1678 on: July 13, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »

So.. you made a promise not to leave them, but you're going to leave them in 2 1/2 years? That seems pretty rude.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1679 on: July 13, 2012, 03:15:22 PM »

bushie, hasnt your attendance been rather poor in your past jobs?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1680 on: July 14, 2012, 12:05:31 AM »

So how's the exercise and diet going?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1681 on: July 14, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »

Honestly, not so well.  My mind has been preoccupied as of late.

----

This morning's update:
Nesting is over and so is training as a whole!  I am now ready to move to the floor, on my own, beginning on Sunday at 1:15 pm!  At the very end of the day on Friday, as we were in our final team huddle of Nesting, our General Manager gave us the Job Numbers for the Supervisor, QA, and Trainer positions that is open.  He said they will be conducting interviews next week.  There are 14 positions total and we ended nesting with around 30 advisors.  This means, I have a 50/50 shot at getting one of the positions!  Right now, though, I am focusing on getting ready for being on my own tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) at 1:15 pm.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1682 on: July 14, 2012, 12:22:08 AM »

What does preoccupied have anything to do with it?  Exercise is as easy as a 30-minute walk a day.  You were all gung-ho about this new doctor, but you're not putting any effort into it.  What's the point of having a good doctor if you don't follow his advice?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1683 on: July 14, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »

Honestly, not so well.  My mind has been preoccupied as of late.

----

This morning's update:
Nesting is over and so is training as a whole!  I am now ready to move to the floor, on my own, beginning on Sunday at 1:15 pm!  At the very end of the day on Friday, as we were in our final team huddle of Nesting, our General Manager gave us the Job Numbers for the Supervisor, QA, and Trainer positions that is open.  He said they will be conducting interviews next week.  There are 14 positions total and we ended nesting with around 30 advisors.  This means, I have a 50/50 shot at getting one of the positions!  Right now, though, I am focusing on getting ready for being on my own tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) at 1:15 pm.

Get up off your ass and go for a walk....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1684 on: July 14, 2012, 12:48:14 AM »

What does preoccupied have anything to do with it?  Exercise is as easy as a 30-minute walk a day.  You were all gung-ho about this new doctor, but you're not putting any effort into it.  What's the point of having a good doctor if you don't follow his advice?

I am exercising, though.  I'm not just sitting on my rear end all day being sedentary.  I'm not doing as well as I would like, but I am doing something.  At work, from the front row parking spot to my desk is about a full 5 minute walk, do that 4 times a day, that's 20 minutes.  However, I tend to park farther back, so I can get out faster, which adds about 2 minutes.  That's 7 minutes * 4 times a day which is 28 minutes a day walking.  That's not all at once, of course, but it is cumulative.  I know what you're going to say, "if you're doing that 4 times a day, you're going out to eat for lunch and eating the junk food negating the walk, right?"  Yes, I am going out to eat, but I'm not eating junk food.  I'm not getting burgers and fries except for once a week, I'm getting Subway generally with a Diet Coke.  I have actually lost about 4 pounds in the past couple of weeks.  Again, it's not where I want to be, but it is better than nothing.  Sometimes, I walk 4 times a day, and just go right back into the building at lunch instead of eating.  I'll just eat a small sandwich or a granola bar.  It is a very big parking lot, so I could actually get out there and walk around the parking lot for 20 minutes before I go back in.
I'm not doing nothing, I'm just not doing enough (in my opinion).
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1685 on: July 14, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »

I am exercising, though.  I'm not just sitting on my rear end all day being sedentary.  I'm not doing as well as I would like, but I am doing something.  At work, from the front row parking spot to my desk is about a full 5 minute walk, do that 4 times a day, that's 20 minutes.  However, I tend to park farther back, so I can get out faster, which adds about 2 minutes.  That's 7 minutes * 4 times a day which is 28 minutes a day walking.  That's not all at once, of course, but it is cumulative.  I know what you're going to say, "if you're doing that 4 times a day, you're going out to eat for lunch and eating the junk food negating the walk, right?"  Yes, I am going out to eat, but I'm not eating junk food.  I'm not getting burgers and fries except for once a week, I'm getting Subway generally with a Diet Coke.  I have actually lost about 4 pounds in the past couple of weeks.  Again, it's not where I want to be, but it is better than nothing.  Sometimes, I walk 4 times a day, and just go right back into the building at lunch instead of eating.  I'll just eat a small sandwich or a granola bar.  It is a very big parking lot, so I could actually get out there and walk around the parking lot for 20 minutes before I go back in.
I'm not doing nothing, I'm just not doing enough (in my opinion).

That is nothing.......
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1686 on: July 14, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »

You do realize that stretching it out over the course of the day doesn't help. By the time you get your heart rate up, you're at your desk.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1687 on: July 14, 2012, 05:33:33 PM »

You do realize that stretching it out over the course of the day doesn't help. By the time you get your heart rate up, you're at your desk.

Yes, i realize that.

To counter that, I am thinking about taking advantage of that big parking lot at work and walk for about 25 minutes 3 times a week during my lunch hour and then coming back in and eating a quick bite before time to get back on the phones.

Honestly, though, I am not going to worry myself sick and make myself sick to get healthier.  Yes, I'm going to do what I can, but I am not going to go overboard and the last thing I want to turn into is a self-righteous health-freak.  I would rather work on my "insides" and purifying my heart before my God.  As much as physical health is important, it is all superficial, because nobody can take their health, in whatever state its in, with them when they die.  The only thing that truly matters in the long run is not the health of the body, but the health of the soul.  The health of the body is temporary, the health of the soul is permanent.  Am I going to use that as an excuse to sit on my lazy rear end?  No, because that is also contrary to the Bible.  I am called to take care of my physical temple, which is my body, but not to let fitness and nutrition become my god or sole focus in life.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1688 on: July 14, 2012, 05:59:02 PM »

Bushie, to re-iterate what I said earlier you're really better off changing your diet than trying to walk everywhere or whatever. No amount of exercise is going to negate a sh--ty diet.

Exercise just doesn't burn very much calories unless you're Michael Phelps. It's very important for general health and fitness, but your priority now should be to lose weight - you can worry about getting into shape after that's taken care of.

Start watching what you eat, and don't mess around - there's sites where you can keep a log of what you eat during the day, the calorie counts, etc. Even just keeping track of the food you're eating will help, just because you might realise how much crap you're eating without even realising it.

Bushie, look, you're morbidly obese. You're trying to lose weight so you don't die of a stroke or something at 40, you're not going to become a "self-righteous health-freak".

BTW, another problem I see with trying to exercise is related to what I mentioned above - you're going to (and, trust me, you will do this) massively exaggerate how much impact your exercise has, and if you're not careful it's very easy to turn that into "well, I walked for an hour today, guess I can help myself to a Big Mac!".
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1689 on: July 14, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »

hahahahaha

Why are you people even bothering? See, there are two possibilities. Either (even if only in part) trolling to some extent, or is content to line his arteries and his internal organs with industrial quantities of grease until he drops dead at the age of forty. Nowt you can do either way, waste of time as well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1690 on: July 14, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »

Bushie, to re-iterate what I said earlier you're really better off changing your diet than trying to walk everywhere or whatever. No amount of exercise is going to negate a sh--ty diet.

Exercise just doesn't burn very much calories unless you're Michael Phelps. It's very important for general health and fitness, but your priority now should be to lose weight - you can worry about getting into shape after that's taken care of.

Start watching what you eat, and don't mess around - there's sites where you can keep a log of what you eat during the day, the calorie counts, etc. Even just keeping track of the food you're eating will help, just because you might realise how much crap you're eating without even realising it.

Bushie, look, you're morbidly obese. You're trying to lose weight so you don't die of a stroke or something at 40, you're not going to become a "self-righteous health-freak".

BTW, another problem I see with trying to exercise is related to what I mentioned above - you're going to (and, trust me, you will do this) massively exaggerate how much impact your exercise has, and if you're not careful it's very easy to turn that into "well, I walked for an hour today, guess I can help myself to a Big Mac!".

I know I'm obese, which is why I'm not going to just sit on my butt and do nothing.  It may take some time and experimentation and probably a lot of trial and error, but I've got to find the routine that works best for me, that will give me the nutrients and energy I need, that tastes good, and still allow me to lose weight.  I stlll have a goal of losing 25 pounds within the next 4 months which would put us at Thanksgiving.  My next doctor's appointment is on Friday, 28 September 2012 for a fasting lab and then Friday, 5 October 2012 to see the doctor for the results of the labs.  I have 75 days until the lab appointment and 82 days until the doctor's appointment.  I have a goal to lose at least 15 pounds by that time.  Longer term, I have a goal to have lost 50 pounds by my 31st birthday, which is 288 days away (9 1/2 months).  So, I'm going to have to get busy as we're already starting to approach August.  I can do it, though.  I'm just not going to obsess over it.  I have enough OCD, anyway, I don't need to add another obsession to the list.  I will be persistent, but not obsessed.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1691 on: July 14, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »

I'm still puzzled as to why in the fock this reached 100+ pages.

There's such thing as a joke getting old, guys. Time to take this one out in the backyard and shoot it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1692 on: July 14, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »

There's such thing as a joke getting old, guys. Time to take this one out in the backyard and shoot it.

There are always interesting twists in the stories.  Many posters would reluctantly agree that this thread provided the need drama, comedy, reality, soap opera-ish material that this forum needs when the Presidential Election is dry of big news and talking points.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1693 on: July 14, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »

Yes, i realize that.

To counter that, I am thinking about taking advantage of that big parking lot at work and walk for about 25 minutes 3 times a week during my lunch hour and then coming back in and eating a quick bite before time to get back on the phones.

Honestly, though, I am not going to worry myself sick and make myself sick to get healthier.  Yes, I'm going to do what I can, but I am not going to go overboard and the last thing I want to turn into is a self-righteous health-freak.  I would rather work on my "insides" and purifying my heart before my God.  As much as physical health is important, it is all superficial, because nobody can take their health, in whatever state its in, with them when they die.  The only thing that truly matters in the long run is not the health of the body, but the health of the soul.  The health of the body is temporary, the health of the soul is permanent.  Am I going to use that as an excuse to sit on my lazy rear end?  No, because that is also contrary to the Bible.  I am called to take care of my physical temple, which is my body, but not to let fitness and nutrition become my god or sole focus in life.

The health of the body absolutely matters, the fact you don't believe so might play a huge factor in why you are obese.

No one is saying you should worry yourself sick to get healthier.  Eating healthier and getting regular exercise should not worry you.  Eating nothing but cap and not getting much exercise should worry you because its dangerous.  That is FAR FAR more unhealthy than thinking about eating better and exercising.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1694 on: July 14, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »

Yes, i realize that.

The health of the body absolutely matters, the fact you don't believe so might play a huge factor in why you are obese.

No one is saying you should worry yourself sick to get healthier.  Eating healthier and getting regular exercise should not worry you.  Eating nothing but cap and not getting much exercise should worry you because its dangerous.  That is FAR FAR more unhealthy than thinking about eating better and exercising.

I fully agree with that.  If you read my posts, I've got a plan that I am going to implement.  I am not going to just sit on my butt all day.  I'm going to find what plan is right for me that gives me the nutrients and energy I need, the taste I crave, and still allows me to lose weight.  I'm also going to get started walking around the parking lot, because I do believe exercise does do quite a bit.  It is true that exercise with no proper diet is useless, but a proper diet without exercise is also useless.  The two go hand in hand, and I'm going to do both.  I'm just not going to obsess over it.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1695 on: July 15, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »

Yes, i realize that.

I fully agree with that.  If you read my posts, I've got a plan that I am going to implement.  I am not going to just sit on my butt all day.  I'm going to find what plan is right for me that gives me the nutrients and energy I need, the taste I crave, and still allows me to lose weight.  I'm also going to get started walking around the parking lot, because I do believe exercise does do quite a bit.  It is true that exercise with no proper diet is useless, but a proper diet without exercise is also useless.  The two go hand in hand, and I'm going to do both.  I'm just not going to obsess over it.
Bushie, I know this is Oklahoma, but is there a walking trail along the road or a park nearby where you live/work that you can use to walk?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1696 on: July 15, 2012, 10:57:41 PM »

Yes, i realize that.

Bushie, I know this is Oklahoma, but is there a walking trail along the road or a park nearby where you live/work that you can use to walk?

Yes, actually there are a few of them. In fact, there is a park in my neighborhood that is about a block from my house.  I've lived in this house for 3 years and have never visited it because I didn't want to be looked at suspiciously being a single guy.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1697 on: July 15, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »

Yes, i realize that.

Yes, actually there are a few of them. In fact, there is a park in my neighborhood that is about a block from my house.  I've lived in this house for 3 years and have never visited it because I didn't want to be looked at suspiciously being a single guy.
You won't visit a park, but you want to adopt children?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1698 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »

You werent here for Tiffanye. So, ya know.. gtfo.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1699 on: July 16, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »

Yes, i realize that.

You won't visit a park, but you want to adopt children?

Again, because I have a fear of the stereotype that all single men are predators.  Maybe, its an irrational fear, but its one I have.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies