As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:45:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312955 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: July 16, 2012, 01:22:42 PM »

It's the stache! It's causing you to have this fear of being a child predator!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1701 on: July 16, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »

^ Exactly.  Looking like a child predator tends to give people the impression that you are a child predator.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1702 on: July 16, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

What does preoccupied have anything to do with it?  Exercise is as easy as a 30-minute walk a day.  You were all gung-ho about this new doctor, but you're not putting any effort into it.  What's the point of having a good doctor if you don't follow his advice?

I am exercising, though.  I'm not just sitting on my rear end all day being sedentary.  I'm not doing as well as I would like, but I am doing something.  At work, from the front row parking spot to my desk is about a full 5 minute walk, do that 4 times a day, that's 20 minutes.  However, I tend to park farther back, so I can get out faster, which adds about 2 minutes.  That's 7 minutes * 4 times a day which is 28 minutes a day walking.  That's not all at once, of course, but it is cumulative.  I know what you're going to say, "if you're doing that 4 times a day, you're going out to eat for lunch and eating the junk food negating the walk, right?"  Yes, I am going out to eat, but I'm not eating junk food.  I'm not getting burgers and fries except for once a week, I'm getting Subway generally with a Diet Coke.  I have actually lost about 4 pounds in the past couple of weeks.  Again, it's not where I want to be, but it is better than nothing.  Sometimes, I walk 4 times a day, and just go right back into the building at lunch instead of eating.  I'll just eat a small sandwich or a granola bar.  It is a very big parking lot, so I could actually get out there and walk around the parking lot for 20 minutes before I go back in.
I'm not doing nothing, I'm just not doing enough (in my opinion).

Jeff, my walk into work is about 12 minutes from the parking lot to the office plus another 10 minutes from the office to my restaurant.  So that's 44 minutes a day, plus all of the walking I do to check on the restaurants near my main location.  I don't count that as exercise, so surely you shouldn't be counting your 14 minute walk in and out of work as exercise.  Is it good that you walk the extra 2 minutes, yes.  But a 14-minute walk is negligible in terms of calorie burning.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1703 on: July 16, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »

I fully agree with that.  If you read my posts, I've got a plan that I am going to implement.  I am not going to just sit on my butt all day.  I'm going to find what plan is right for me that gives me the nutrients and energy I need, the taste I crave, and still allows me to lose weight.  I'm also going to get started walking around the parking lot, because I do believe exercise does do quite a bit.  It is true that exercise with no proper diet is useless, but a proper diet without exercise is also useless.  The two go hand in hand, and I'm going to do both.  I'm just not going to obsess over it.

I disagree with that.  It's all about calories.  If you cut your calories without exercising, you will still lose weight.  If you add exercise, it's better for you and for the weight loss, but I guarantee if you cut your diet without exercising, you'd still lose weight.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1704 on: July 16, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

^ Exactly.  Looking like a child predator tends to give people the impression that you are a child predator.

I couldn't agree moar.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1705 on: July 17, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »

Today is the final day of Month 1 at Xerox-Apple.  Moreover, today is my Thursday (the second-to-the-last day of the week).  The "weekend" will begin in about 34 1/2 hours at 22:45 tomorrow night.  They are planning to start the interviews for the higher positions (Sup, QA, Trainer, Real-Time Analyst) tomorrow.  The interviews for all 4 positions will likely continue through the rest of July, and possibly into August.  They have 14 positions total they need to fill and probably 40-50 applicants, so it will take a while to interview all the applicants for the positions.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1706 on: July 17, 2012, 07:25:58 PM »

you are a afraid to go to a park because you are a single man?  wtf?

there are no tracks or trials anywhere?   you dont have to have kids to exercise....outdoors.  is jokelahoma really that bad?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1707 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »

there are no tracks or trials anywhere?   you dont have to have kids to exercise....outdoors.  is jokelahoma really that bad?

That's a pretty silly question, Ray.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1708 on: July 18, 2012, 01:09:08 AM »

It is a silly question because Oklahoma is a wonderful state.  It has plenty of parks and walking trails.  It all boils down to one thing and I'll admit, I'm lazy.  What I need is an accountability partner and walking buddy to keep me motivated.  We can discuss good suggestions and game plans all day long, but if the will is not on board, the train will never leave the depot.  Its something I am trying to work and not just in weight loss.  Dont expect results overnight.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1709 on: July 18, 2012, 01:52:31 AM »

It is a silly question because Oklahoma is a wonderful state.  It has plenty of parks and walking trails.  It all boils down to one thing and I'll admit, I'm lazy.  What I need is an accountability partner and walking buddy to keep me motivated.  We can discuss good suggestions and game plans all day long, but if the will is not on board, the train will never leave the depot.  Its something I am trying to work and not just in weight loss.  Dont expect results overnight.

You need a walking buddy you can discuss Christ with.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1710 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:18 AM »

Why don't churches in Oklahoma promote exercise and healthy eating? Surely going on a walk for an hour or playing soccer or something is better for the health of their congregation than Wednesday night prayer meetings or whatever nonsense they're currently doing instead. I mean, if you're going to brainwash these poor people to the point that they're willing to go die in Africa for you, the least you could do is brainwash them into eating right and exercising as well.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1711 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:10 AM »

Why don't you just get a dog walker to walk you around the block a few times? Kind of like what they did to Arthur on King of Queens.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1712 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:41 AM »

Yes I must say that using the excuse for not taking walkies that folks will think one is a pedophile is most original and novel. Well done Bushie!  I mean if you are going to sit on your butt and be a fat, at least get out of the box as to the reason why you feel constrained to remain in that state. Not having the time or money are far too "pedestrian"  types of excuses.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1713 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »

Yes I must say that using the excuse for not taking walkies that folks will think one is a pedophile is most original and novel. Well done Bushie! 

It is true!  I don't care if the man's 500 pounds, his sense of humor alone makes him beautiful.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1714 on: July 18, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »

How about looking at yourself in the mirror??

Or wanting to actually be around for your Kenyan "Children", you know not die on them because you are an unhealthy and obese?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1715 on: July 19, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »

How about looking at yourself in the mirror??

Or wanting to actually be around for your Kenyan "Children", you know not die on them because you are an unhealthy and obese?

You're right, my kids are a big motivator.  I do want to be around to see them grow up and turn into teenagers and then adults and maybe give me "grandchildren" later on down the road.  My daughter, Mercy, is just 20 months from becoming a teenager.  She will be 12 on 24 March 2013.  I'll be down there to celebrate with her!  I want to celebrate many more birthdays with her and with my son, Phelix, is 8 years old.

I'm proud of where I've come since last November.  I'm down 25-30 pounds from my peak of 285.0 that was hit on 14 November 2011, just two days after what likely was a minor heart attack on 12 November 2011.  I've fallen off the bandwagon in the past 3 or 4 months.  I'm determined to get back on the bandwagon.  The only thing I'm still doing right is not drinking regular soda, except on a rare occasion.  I am now drinking Diet Dr Pepper, Sprite Zero, an occasional glass of milk, and good ole' water!  I am currently in the process of lowering the soda intake and raising the water intake.  If I can get them to at least be even with one another in consumption, I'll be doing well.  Next thing I need to do is eat at the house.  Even if its not the healthiest food, its still better than consuming a half pound or a 2/3 pound grease bucket otherwise known as a hamburger and better than consuming those large death sticks (otherwise known as french fries).  Those are okay once in a while, but that's it, once in a while, not once a day or really even once a week.  I'll start with the dieting for now, and then as the temperatures start cooling down late this summer heading into the fall, I'll start getting outside and walking.  Right now, I weigh ~260.0, my goal is to be at least 245 by my doctor's appointments at the end of September and the beginning of October.  Beyond that, my goal is to be down to 235 by Thanksgiving and 225 by New Year's.  I'm not going to make any goals beyond that for now as I don't want to get discouraged if I'm not on track toward that goal.  The only reason I won't get outside now is we're entering a stretch of 103-107 degree heat that has no real end in sight.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1716 on: July 19, 2012, 02:13:14 AM »

You had a minor heart attack??? And that wasn't enough motivation?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1717 on: July 19, 2012, 02:26:53 AM »

It was the motivation for losing 25 pounds.  I've since lost track of that motivation and I had to find a new motivation, that being my children.

Actually, that was my 2nd minor heart attack.  The first one was in my Junior Year of High School back in the Fall 1999.  I was actually a normal weight back in high school.  I was in the lunch cafeteria and I felt my chest tighten, my breath become laborous, and my left arm tingle.  I didn't have to leave school, I just had to rest in the principal's office all of 3rd period and was able to go back to 4th period to complete the day.  The first heart attack was a real quick one, while the second heart attack felt like it lasted most of the day.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1718 on: July 19, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »

It was the motivation for losing 25 pounds.  I've since lost track of that motivation and I had to find a new motivation, that being my children.

Actually, that was my 2nd minor heart attack.  The first one was in my Junior Year of High School back in the Fall 1999.  I was actually a normal weight back in high school.  I was in the lunch cafeteria and I felt my chest tighten, my breath become laborous, and my left arm tingle.  I didn't have to leave school, I just had to rest in the principal's office all of 3rd period and was able to go back to 4th period to complete the day.  The first heart attack was a real quick one, while the second heart attack felt like it lasted most of the day.

Was the heart attack actually confirmed by an ECG?

And so what if it's 102 during the day?  You CAN walk at night, you know.  Stop making excuses.  If you really wanted to get in shape, you could easily start doing it right now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1719 on: July 19, 2012, 02:36:19 AM »

I'm down 25-30 pounds from my peak of 285.0 that was hit on 14 November 2011, just two days after what likely was a minor heart attack on 12 November 2011.

You had a minor heart attack on November 12?  I just looked to see what you were posting about that day:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1387;sa=showPosts;start=1860

You posted in the afternoon saying that you were going watch the GOP primary debate that night.  Is that what did you in?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1720 on: July 19, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »

Wow...just...wow
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1721 on: July 19, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1722 on: July 19, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »

Was the heart attack actually confirmed by an ECG?

And so what if it's 102 during the day?  You CAN walk at night, you know.  Stop making excuses.  If you really wanted to get in shape, you could easily start doing it right now.

No, neither heart attack was confirmed by ECG.  It just felt extremely similar to one.

I'm not going to start doing everything at once.  I'm going to start with the diet and then as time goes on add in the exercise.  I don't want to overwhelm myself at the very front.  I want to gradually ease into this.  Will I eventually do both?  Yes, but I want to ease into it first instead of starting full throttle right away and burning out.  The last thing I want to is burn out and see the 25 pounds I lost earlier this year come back.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1723 on: July 19, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »

How do you know what a heart attack feels like without knowing what one feels like? Sometimes an irregular heart beat is said to feel nearly similiar to one, and it can be very rare.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1724 on: July 19, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »

How do you know what a heart attack feels like without knowing what one feels like? Sometimes an irregular heart beat is said to feel nearly similiar to one, and it can be very rare.

Like I said, I am not 100% sure either one of them were heart attacks, and like you said, I have never felt one before.  All I know is neither incident was good whatever it was.  The first one didn't spur me into anything because I was still of a normal weight.  The second one scared me and got me to lose 30 pounds.  I have since gained 5 pounds back, but I'm about ready to started aiming downward again.  I talked to my mother a couple hours ago and she is trying to lose weight as well.  So, I can go on a diet with her and we can keep each other accountable.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies