As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312101 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: July 31, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »

ah... well, this can ONLY go well.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1826 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »

Hey remember my screenplay I was talking about writing? I guess the protagonist moving to SLC could be the sequel!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1827 on: July 31, 2012, 09:54:43 PM »

Hey remember my screenplay I was talking about writing? I guess the protagonist moving to SLC could be the sequel!

You ever gonna get this project off the ground?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1828 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »

So now he becomes a Mormon! We have our next arc! Good grief...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1829 on: July 31, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2012, 10:20:26 PM by Democrat Mitt Romney »

Oh no. Did you interview for this, BushKE? Or did you fill out a resume and they just called and accepted you?

I interviewed for it last week face to face in Oklahoma City.  I've known about this for at least a couple weeks, but I wanted to keep the cards close to my chest and didn't want to reveal them before I knew absolutely sure.  There are still a couple details that need to be ironed out, mainly timing, but we'll get that sorted out within the next week or sooner.

No, this was not a call and accept job, this was an actual face-to-face interview from the guys in Salt Lake City when they were visiting Oklahoma City.

There were actually four slots open in different locations - Salt Lake City, Utah; Portland, Oregon; Lexington, Kentucky; and Raleigh, North Carolina.  They gave me a choice and I picked SLC because I've never been west of I-25 and always wanted to go out that direction, but didn't want to pay the astronomical cost of living in Portland.  Plus, the Wasatch Mountains can't be anything but beautiful!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1830 on: July 31, 2012, 10:21:37 PM »

What type of job is it?  What are you going to do about housing?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1831 on: July 31, 2012, 10:32:23 PM »

It is a supervisor position with Xerox.  The pay screw up was more Apple's fault than Xerox.  As far as housing goes, I'm aiming for a furnished, efficiency apartment.  I'm going to try to avoid having to hire movers, so I'm going to travel light.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1832 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:49 PM »

It is a supervisor position with Xerox.  The pay screw up was more Apple's fault than Xerox.  As far as housing goes, I'm aiming for a furnished, efficiency apartment.  I'm going to try to avoid having to hire movers, so I'm going to travel light.

Wait, so you were just complaining about being misled about how you were being paid and the process being rigged and now you are moving to another part of the country to tale a job with the same company that just misled you??
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1833 on: July 31, 2012, 11:13:44 PM »

I feel somewhat more comfortable if you had a face to face interview and it's with the same company. Should've moved to Raleigh though. East coast > West Coast
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1834 on: July 31, 2012, 11:16:53 PM »

Wait, so you were just complaining about being misled about how you were being paid and the process being rigged and now you are moving to another part of the country to tale a job with the same company that just misled you??

When I take a step back, I think it was more Apple that rigged the pay and not Xerox, because in the same building in OKC, US Cellular offers their workers a flat $9.50 in training and $10.00 after.  I don't hold Xerox responsible.  As far as the rigging, I obviously don't think that now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1835 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »

I feel somewhat more comfortable if you had a face to face interview and it's with the same company. Should've moved to Raleigh though. East coast > West Coast

Salt Lake City has a lot less humidity and allergies should be a whole lot better!  Plus, I would love to see the Wasatch Mountains outside my window!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1836 on: July 31, 2012, 11:29:41 PM »

When I take a step back, I think it was more Apple that rigged the pay and not Xerox, because in the same building in OKC, US Cellular offers their workers a flat $9.50 in training and $10.00 after.  I don't hold Xerox responsible.  As far as the rigging, I obviously don't think that now.

What are you going to do with your home?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1837 on: July 31, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »

Hell no. Now that Bushie is moving to SLC he might be able to get his health under control and enjoy a healthy lifestyle though. Off course Portland would be better, but it might be more of BRTD kind of city.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1838 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »

Good luck with the move! It's a big step to be leaving your family and personal connections and moving interstate for a fresh job. I did that a few years back and it was very daunting, but it ended up being about the best thing I've ever done.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1839 on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »

What type of job is it?  What are you going to do about housing?

It is a supervisor position with Xerox.  The pay screw up was more Apple's fault than Xerox.  As far as housing goes, I'm aiming for a furnished, efficiency apartment.  I'm going to try to avoid having to hire movers, so I'm going to travel light.

When I take a step back, I think it was more Apple that rigged the pay and not Xerox, because in the same building in OKC, US Cellular offers their workers a flat $9.50 in training and $10.00 after.  I don't hold Xerox responsible.  As far as the rigging, I obviously don't think that now.

I'm actually going to keep it for another year.  I want to have a safety net just in case things were to fail up there, especially with it being so far away and no family up there except for a great uncle whom I have only met one time in my entire life.  I don't anticipate that happening, but I want a safety net and a home to come back to just in case.  I will probably put the house on the market next Fall.  I've poured over my finances quite extensively this evening and I should be able to swing rent and a mortgage.  I'm going to transfer the utilites to my mother and dad and they're going to pay for those as they will checking on the house from time to time.  As far as my cat goes, I'll have to find him a new home.  I've got someone in mind that I'm going to ask first.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1840 on: July 31, 2012, 11:51:44 PM »

Hell no. Now that Bushie is moving to SLC he might be able to get his health under control and enjoy a healthy lifestyle though. Off course Portland would be better, but it might be more of BRTD kind of city.

That is a BIG plus.  I've never been to Utah, but it doesn't strike me as fast-food filled town.  Sure there are probably fast food joints, but its probably not the main meal like it is in most of the South.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1841 on: July 31, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »

That is a BIG plus.  I've never been to Utah, but it doesn't strike me as fast-food filled town.  Sure there are probably fast food joints, but its probably not the main meal like it is in most of the South.
I was thinking about how the weather is pretty nice for 10 months of the year there, and you can escape the heat in the summer by going to the hills and hiking/walking there, that should help you a lot with weight loss.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1842 on: August 01, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »

Wait, so you own a house in OK, and you're (at least initially) going to have it sit empty, with no one living there?

Also, what will your health insurance situation be in UT?  No more free Native American medicine?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1843 on: August 01, 2012, 12:14:41 AM »

I thought you were certain that God was telling you to go to Kenya in 2013.  So... what happened with that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1844 on: August 01, 2012, 12:23:59 AM »

Wait, so you own a house in OK, and you're (at least initially) going to have it sit empty, with no one living there?

Also, what will your health insurance situation be in UT?  No more free Native American medicine?

My mother and dad will check on the house each week and do maintenance as needed.

I will have benefits after 90 days, and i will have a doctor in Salt Lake for minor illnesses, but I will also fly back to Oklahoma once a year and go to the Indian Doctor for a full checkup.  In the mean time, I'm going to have my mother pick up my prescriptions every 90 days and mail them to me.  I can still get free medicine except for those prescribed in Utah.  I'm going to visit my doctor one more time before I leave and see if I can get a 90-day supply of my medicine and allow my mother to pick them up.

Inks, things change.  Kenya is still in the picture, but I have to do what I need to do now.  Kenya will be pushed back a few years.  As far as going this next March,  that's not gonna happen.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1845 on: August 01, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »

What type of job is it?  What are you going to do about housing?

It is a supervisor position with Xerox.  The pay screw up was more Apple's fault than Xerox.  As far as housing goes, I'm aiming for a furnished, efficiency apartment.  I'm going to try to avoid having to hire movers, so I'm going to travel light.

When I take a step back, I think it was more Apple that rigged the pay and not Xerox, because in the same building in OKC, US Cellular offers their workers a flat $9.50 in training and $10.00 after.  I don't hold Xerox responsible.  As far as the rigging, I obviously don't think that now.

I'm actually going to keep it for another year.  I want to have a safety net just in case things were to fail up there, especially with it being so far away and no family up there except for a great uncle whom I have only met one time in my entire life.  I don't anticipate that happening, but I want a safety net and a home to come back to just in case.  I will probably put the house on the market next Fall.  I've poured over my finances quite extensively this evening and I should be able to swing rent and a mortgage.  I'm going to transfer the utilites to my mother and dad and they're going to pay for those as they will checking on the house from time to time.  As far as my cat goes, I'll have to find him a new home.  I've got someone in mind that I'm going to ask first.

You need to be really careful here.  As someone who works in the industry I can tell you here are very few things that can screw up your credit worse than missing a mortgage payment.

Now I know you have claimed you went over your finances extensively, but your history on this is a bit suspect.  I know the costs are far cheaper where you are and in Utah than anything I am use to, but a mortgage and rent on $33k a year (if that is even true), doesn't seem to fit.

Anyway I have a few questions for you

1.  What do you owe on your mortgage?

2.  What do you think your home is worth?

3.  What is your mtg payment? (including escrows, or what is the taxes and ins if no escrow)

4.  How much do you think you would be able to rent for in SLC?  

If you don't want to answer this on the board, fine, I can certainly understand s its personal financial info (though you have given out just about everything else on here), but you really need to sit down and think this through rather than making any rash decisions.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1846 on: August 01, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »

Things change.  God doesn't.  You were telling us you knew that God was telling you - that he spoke to you.  God's spoken words don't change.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1847 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »

I'm actually going to keep it for another year.  I want to have a safety net just in case things were to fail up there, especially with it being so far away and no family up there except for a great uncle whom I have only met one time in my entire life.  I don't anticipate that happening, but I want a safety net and a home to come back to just in case.  I will probably put the house on the market next Fall.  I've poured over my finances quite extensively this evening and I should be able to swing rent and a mortgage.  I'm going to transfer the utilites to my mother and dad and they're going to pay for those as they will checking on the house from time to time.  As far as my cat goes, I'll have to find him a new home.  I've got someone in mind that I'm going to ask first.

You need to be really careful here.  As someone who works in the industry I can tell you here are very few things that can screw up your credit worse than missing a mortgage payment.

Now I know you have claimed you went over your finances extensively, but your history on this is a bit suspect.  I know the costs are far cheaper where you are and in Utah than anything I am use to, but a mortgage and rent on $33k a year (if that is even true), doesn't seem to fit.

1.  What do you owe on your mortgage?

2.  What do you think your home is worth?

3.  What is your mtg payment? (including escrows, or what is the taxes and ins if no escrow)

4.  How much do you think you would be able to rent for in SLC? 

If you don't want to answer this on the board, fine, I can certainly understand s its personal financial info (though you have given out just about everything else on here), but you really need to sit down and think this through rather than making any rash decisions.

I'm not going to reveal my answers here, but just know that my mother and I are taking all these questions into account and we're both going to sit down together probably this afternoon (Wednesday) or tomorrow (Thursday) and go over them together.  It would be a very tight squeeze, but I can do it, because I'm going to pay off one credit card entirely before I leave and get ready to start paying down the other.  That is a risk, I will agree, but I would rather take that risk and have a safety net in place just in case things fail.  I remember what happened in Dallas in Spring 2008.  The job turned out to be a bait and switch and I ended up coming back to Oklahoma City after just 2 months.  I'm well aware of that, so with that in mind, I'm also going to make absolutely sure that this is still going to happen the way they say.  I'm going to get it in writing complete with salary.  I've got several phone calls to make today to confirm several things.  One of which is the timing, which based on new information last evening while I was at my parents discussing it, I got an email tweaking the timing just a bit.  As of now, it turns out I will be ending my Xerox-Oklahoma City Tenure on August 15 and will be departing Oklahoma City on Thursday, August 23 with the start date no later than October 1.  I can start any Monday in September I want to, but no later than October 1.  They are giving me a lot of flexibility here and I'm going to take advantage of it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1848 on: August 01, 2012, 12:57:03 AM »

I'm actually going to keep it for another year.  I want to have a safety net just in case things were to fail up there, especially with it being so far away and no family up there except for a great uncle whom I have only met one time in my entire life.  I don't anticipate that happening, but I want a safety net and a home to come back to just in case.  I will probably put the house on the market next Fall.  I've poured over my finances quite extensively this evening and I should be able to swing rent and a mortgage.  I'm going to transfer the utilites to my mother and dad and they're going to pay for those as they will checking on the house from time to time.  As far as my cat goes, I'll have to find him a new home.  I've got someone in mind that I'm going to ask first.

You need to be really careful here.  As someone who works in the industry I can tell you here are very few things that can screw up your credit worse than missing a mortgage payment.

Now I know you have claimed you went over your finances extensively, but your history on this is a bit suspect.  I know the costs are far cheaper where you are and in Utah than anything I am use to, but a mortgage and rent on $33k a year (if that is even true), doesn't seem to fit.

1.  What do you owe on your mortgage?

2.  What do you think your home is worth?

3.  What is your mtg payment? (including escrows, or what is the taxes and ins if no escrow)

4.  How much do you think you would be able to rent for in SLC? 

I'm not going to reveal my answers here, but just know that my mother and I are taking all these questions into account and we're both going to sit down together probably this afternoon (Wednesday) or tomorrow (Thursday) and go over them together.  It would be a very tight squeeze, but I can do it, because I'm going to pay off one credit card entirely before I leave and get ready to start paying down the other.  That is a risk, I will agree, but I would rather take that risk and have a safety net in place just in case things fail.  I remember what happened in Dallas in Spring 2008.  The job turned out to be a bait and switch and I ended up coming back to Oklahoma City after just 2 months.  I'm well aware of that, so with that in mind, I'm also going to make absolutely sure that this is still going to happen the way they say.  I'm going to get it in writing complete with salary.  I've got several phone calls to make today to confirm several things.  One of which is the timing, which based on new information last evening while I was at my parents discussing it, I got an email tweaking the timing just a bit.  As of now, it turns out I will be ending my Xerox-Oklahoma City Tenure on August 15 and will be departing Oklahoma City on Thursday, August 23 with the start date no later than October 1.  I can start any Monday in September I want to, but no later than October 1.  They are giving me a lot of flexibility here and I'm going to take advantage of it.

After doing some quick calculations, based off what you would make, what comes out fir federal and state withholding and what not, considering you are single with no dependents you would clear approx $2,200  month after taxes, that number would drop a bit once the benefits kick in and you start paying for that.  You could technically have less withheld, but that wouldn't be smart since you would wind up owing that anyway.

I find it extremely difficult anyone can handle a mortgage and rent when they are only clearing $2,200 a month
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1849 on: August 01, 2012, 01:05:17 AM »

Why don't you rent out your home?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies