As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312203 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: August 28, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »

He probably just found a job selling vacuums in Utah.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2201 on: August 28, 2012, 01:28:11 AM »

Some number from Ogden, Utah has been calling me constantly for months. Are you sure it's a legit job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2202 on: August 28, 2012, 08:48:46 AM »

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasn’t the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guess…, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  I’ve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and I’m taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...

I did not lie.  I was putting all my eggs in the Kansas basket, then when Kansas went down, I withdrew the eggs and placed them in the Utah basket.  I was all in for Kansas should they have accepted me.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2203 on: August 28, 2012, 10:19:51 AM »

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasn’t the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guess…, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  I’ve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and I’m taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...

I did not lie.  I was putting all my eggs in the Kansas basket, then when Kansas went down, I withdrew the eggs and placed them in the Utah basket.  I was all in for Kansas should they have accepted me.

Fair enough, but since J-Mann, properly I might add, won't provide details, what happened and what did you learn?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2204 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

Your poor, poor eggs.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2205 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »

I found out the number in Odgen that keeps calling me constantly was a call center advertising things. I really hope BushKE has not taken a job with them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2206 on: August 28, 2012, 10:31:51 AM »

Fair enough, but since J-Mann, properly I might add, won't provide details, what happened and what did you learn?

I found out the number in Odgen that keeps calling me constantly was a call center advertising things. I really hope BushKE has not taken a job with them.

I am not going to disclose the details of the employment for two main reasons (1) the forum really does not need to know and (2) the forum is searchable and I don't want spying eyes from the company to see that their information and their employment of one individual is fully out in public.

I will suffice Duke's fear by saying that it is not a call center.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2207 on: August 28, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »

Oh boy, this doesn't sound very good.

I'm actually kind of bummed about Kansas. I thought he might really have a shot at that one.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2208 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »

So you had never heard from the Utah company until after Kansas rejected you, and the first thing you heard from Utah was that you all of a sudden had a job without talking to them before this?  Because if not, not all of your eggs were in Kansas...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2209 on: August 28, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »

There are more important questions that need to be asked. Exactly how many eggs do you have, and how large is this basket you're talking about? Also, where is this basket? Can you take pictures?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2210 on: August 28, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »

Knowing BushOK, they're probably Cadbury eggs.

(Sorry, I had to...)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2211 on: August 28, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasn’t the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guess…, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  I’ve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and I’m taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...

I did not lie.  I was putting all my eggs in the Kansas basket, then when Kansas went down, I withdrew the eggs and placed them in the Utah basket.  I was all in for Kansas should they have accepted me.

So you had never heard from the Utah company until after Kansas rejected you, and the first thing you heard from Utah was that you all of a sudden had a job without talking to them before this?  Because if not, not all of your eggs were in Kansas...

Okay, so maybe I exaggerated the all of the eggs.  This job in Utah started developing even while Xerox was still possible earlier this month, but I had kept it under my hat so as to not jump the gun with it.  I had been accepted while Kansas and Oklahoma City were both in the cooker.  When I said all eggs in Kansas basket, meant I was going to go to Kansas without hesitation.  That was my main focus, but I had Utah in my hip pocket.  I can tell you this is a large, well-known, reputable company I'm going to work for.  I won't disclose the identity, but it is large, well-known, and reputable.

Stop trying to get me on small technicalities.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2212 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

When I get to Salt Lake City.  I am not going to hop into an apartment right away.  I've got a 4 week stay in an extended stay hotel  in Ogden so I can test out the job and gauge to see if I will like it or not.  After the 4 weeks (which will end October 2), if I like the job, I will extend the extended stay another 4 weeks while I look for an apartment and try to be moved in by October 30 when the next 4 weeks will be up.  If somehow the job doesn't work out, I can come back to Oklahoma on October 2 and look for a job here without having to sever an apartment lease.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2213 on: August 28, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »

It's not a small technicality.  Putting all of your eggs in one basket, just to have that basket fall to the ground means you don't have any eggs left.  Putting most of your eggs in one basket means you still have eggs left.  It's not a technicality - it's a huge difference.  Time after time you've been dishonest with the forum, and your story never stays the same.

All of a sudden your sure-fire plan falls through and WHAMO! there's a sudden back-up plan.  But we can't know what the company is?  For someone who compulsively shares details of his life with the forum, that seems strange.  So why all of a sudden is there secrecy with this company and none of the previous ones?  Is this another Rainbow incident?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2214 on: August 28, 2012, 03:54:52 PM »

It's not a small technicality.  Putting all of your eggs in one basket, just to have that basket fall to the ground means you don't have any eggs left.  Putting most of your eggs in one basket means you still have eggs left.  It's not a technicality - it's a huge difference.  Time after time you've been dishonest with the forum, and your story never stays the same.

All of a sudden your sure-fire plan falls through and WHAMO! there's a sudden back-up plan.  But we can't know what the company is?  For someone who compulsively shares details of his life with the forum, that seems strange.  So why all of a sudden is there secrecy with this company and none of the previous ones?  Is this another Rainbow incident?

Alright, fine, I'll disclose the name of the company - Aetna Insurance.  Jr. Web Developer for Aetna Insurance located in Layton, Utah which is 12 miles south of downtown Ogden.  This position has been developing since Xerox was still in play back in early August.  It has slowly materialized and I was actually accepted a week ago, but I just kept it under my hat because I really wanted to go to Kansas.  Since I am not going to Kansas, I am going to Utah, instead.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2215 on: August 28, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »

I've now got a game plan for the next 5 days.  I've got a few places to call and places to go each of the next 3 business days.  I'm in the process of doing my laundry so I can start packing on Thursday.  I'm going to load the car on Friday and then leave Oklahoma at 4:00 am on Monday, September 3, 2012 - Labor Day.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2216 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:23 AM »

Is this a job with an actual Aetna office in Layton?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2217 on: August 29, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »

Is this a job with an actual Aetna office in Layton?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Aetna&ll=41.019283,-111.934204&spn=1.104496,2.705383&sll=41.060222,-111.971053&sspn=0.137979,0.338173&near=Layton,+UT&geocode=CZmH28LT8_SNFX6HcgIdE3VT-Sn5MAfZ1v1ShzEYnBsAfrCxjA&gl=us&hq=Aetna&t=m&z=9&iwloc=A
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2218 on: August 29, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »

The plot... thickens
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2219 on: August 29, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »

When does it ever thin?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2220 on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2221 on: August 29, 2012, 12:53:28 AM »
« Edited: August 29, 2012, 12:56:40 AM by Bacon King »

Alright, fine, I'll disclose the name of the company - Aetna Insurance.  Jr. Web Developer for Aetna Insurance located in Layton, Utah which is 12 miles south of downtown Ogden.  This position has been developing since Xerox was still in play back in early August.  It has slowly materialized and I was actually accepted a week ago, but I just kept it under my hat because I really wanted to go to Kansas.  Since I am not going to Kansas, I am going to Utah, instead.

Either you're lying to us or someone is lying to you.

Here's why!

• The three Aetna Insurance offices in Utah are located in Salt Lake City, Sandy, and Taylorsville. None of these are very close to Ogden or Layton.
  • Looking at the Aetna website, jobs with the prefix "junior" seem to be exclusively for college interns.
  • There is no "junior" position that exists in their web team.
  • Aetna doesn't call the position "Web Developer", they call it "Web Engineer."
  • None of Aetna's three Utah offices are currently hiring Web Engineers, or any other jobs in the IT field for that matter, besides a few random non-web IT jobs in SLC.
  • Oh, actually, the entire Web Engineer team is based solely out of their national headquarters in Connecticut, so there's literally no reason for them to ever be offered in Utah or anywhere else.

You will be interviewing for a non-existent job in a non-existent office, and if the job were to exist it would effectively be a minimum wage internship, and instead of being at the non-existent office near Ogden it would actually be in Hartford, Connecticut, on the other side of the country.

edit- it appears i've been ninja'd by others doing their own research, but i think most of this is still valid.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2222 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:22 AM »

Either you're lying to us or someone is lying to you.

Here's why!

• The three Aetna Insurance offices in Utah are located in Salt Lake City, Sandy, and Taylorsville. None of these are very close to Ogden or Layton.
  • Looking at the Aetna website, jobs with the prefix "junior" seem to be exclusively for college interns.
  • There is no "junior" position that exists in their web team.
  • Aetna doesn't call the position "Web Developer", they call it "Web Engineer."
  • None of Aetna's three Utah offices are currently hiring Web Engineers, or any other jobs in the IT field for that matter, besides a few random non-web IT jobs in SLC.
  • Oh, actually, the entire Web Engineer team is based solely out of their national headquarters in Connecticut, so there's literally no reason for them to ever be offered in Utah or anywhere else.

You will be interviewing for a non-existent job in a non-existent office, and if the job were to exist it would effectively be a minimum wage internship, and instead of being at the non-existent office near Ogden it would actually be in Hartford, Connecticut, on the other side of the country.

I know what I know and that's all I will say.  I will see when I get to Utah.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2223 on: August 29, 2012, 01:05:52 AM »

I'm going to speak no more of the job in Utah until I get there and get started.  I will however continue to speak on the preparations for moving up there.  So, I ask everyone to please give it a rest until I get up there and find out exactly what is going on.  I know what I know from the interview, and I will find out even more when I get up there and sign the paperwork on September 10.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2224 on: August 29, 2012, 01:13:28 AM »

When I get to Salt Lake City.  I am not going to hop into an apartment right away.  I've got a 4 week stay in an extended stay hotel  in Ogden so I can test out the job and gauge to see if I will like it or not.  After the 4 weeks (which will end October 2), if I like the job, I will extend the extended stay another 4 weeks while I look for an apartment and try to be moved in by October 30 when the next 4 weeks will be up.  If somehow the job doesn't work out, I can come back to Oklahoma on October 2 and look for a job here without having to sever an apartment lease.

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

1. If Aetna is apparently a sure thing, and it's in Salt Lake City, why the hell are you planning to be in an extended stay motel in Ogden? So you can work at the "possibility that you don't have to worry about"?
2. With all your typical anal-retentive planning around every miniscule detail, how do you somehow suddenly mix up something as important as where you'll be living and working?
3. How the hell could a job with a Fortune 100 company be a "sure thing" for someone with your resume, especially when it's for a position that doesn't exist?
4. I want to write more but Jesus Angry Tapdancing Christ it won't make a difference will it?

Just wanna go to Utah to be buddy buddy with Jamespol or just get out of your parents' house or whatever, and come up with some excuse about jobs so your parents will pay for you to travel and then you'll come up with another sob story about getting let off after two weeks so your parents will give you more money to come home? Hell, why else would you be jumping the gun to make travel plans before things are even slightly certain, and then planning to stay in an extended stay hotel "just in case"?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies