As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313991 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 16, 2011, 10:51:44 PM »

How much of that $2,000 actually directly benefits to people of Kenya?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »

How much of that $2,000 actually directly benefits to people of Kenya?
I don't know, I'll have to look at the pamphlet and information on it tomorrow.

The airfare, food, and lodging will take up quite a bit of that, I would imagine.

That's what I would think. When I went to Ireland for a month without even having to pay for lodging I spent $2,000. Wouldn't it be a little more generous to take that airplane and hotel money and send it to people already in Kenya instead of using the money to visit for a week?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »

Right, so as long as you're not parading around touting how much of an experience this is for them, I can respect that. You absolutely should take full advantage, this is a great opportunity for you.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »

I will also need crisp, fresh dollar bills (2006 or newer) as they have a better exchange rate.

oh my god...
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

I will also need crisp, fresh dollar bills (2006 or newer) as they have a better exchange rate.
oh my god...
No, that is good policy and it really has nothing to do with exchange rates.  I had to pay about $130 bucks for my entry Visa into Chile. If the bill had the slightest imperfection, they kicked it back to you. I had about 300 bucks in my pocket and barely had enough acceptable cash.  Many money exchanges would work on the same principal and only accept newer, clean bills.  They are a bit scared of accepting phoney money. 

Maybe I just don't have to deal with that having only been to Europe, but I've never even been asked about ratty bills I exchange. I've never heard of that in my life and I've exchanged money more times than I can count. Unless it's ripping in half or scuffed up beyond recognition, in which case I'd doubt you'd have it anyway, there should really be no problem with using used currency.

Also, you can go into most exchanges and order most currencies. Which would be more expensive but a much, MUCH better idea than waiting until you arrive at the foreign country to get their money.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2012, 11:56:24 AM by fezzyfestoon »

Oooooh, DEATH points?! When did this come about?!

EDIT: Ugh, boring...just another name for infraction points...
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 12:41:58 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2012, 12:47:45 AM by fezzyfestoon »

And the most important advice of all: drink whiskey over beer. It'll go far in helping you burn off those excess calories!

Amen

Really, this is something I and many others on the forum are passionate about. We could give you all kinds of advice until our fingers start to bleed. The only real thing that makes a difference is that passion. If you really want it, you'll find what works for you and your lifestyle. You're gonna have to make concessions, but if you're serious you can formulate a new diet, exercise regiment, and attitude about your health. The important thing is to be flexible and not stick adamantly to rules. That's just a setup for failure. Fool around with different tactics and try new things constantly. Getting healthy doesn't mean starving yourself and working your body to the breaking point every day. It's about changing your life permanently to make your tastes and activities work for you.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »

Well, it's clear he is quite partial to lying to himself to avoid reality, so I wouldn't take all this so personally if I were you guys. In fact most of what he does seems to have roots in avoidance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies