As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:52:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312285 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 17, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »

I guess it is more a matter of aesthetics than anything else, but invoking the sacred to facilitate one's desires in the secular world via praying is infra dig to me. God has better things to do as it were, and it's too egocentric.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »

Jeff, if you ever want to get serious about losing weight, rather than just verbalizing about it (how many times have you lost 15 pounds, and then put it right back on?), use this product every morning. I put a scoop in the blender with orange juice and fruit.  I lost 10 pounds a month like clockwork - 70 pounds total. I now weigh 160 pounds, and have a body fat percentage of around 12%.  It changed my life.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In my book, such support would have been "out of the question" long ago. Jeff is most fortunate that I am not his father - as I am sure he would agree. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »

Well, his plane has landed in Amsterdam. I'm trying to imagine Bushie there.... Smiley

Presumably doing just about precisely the opposite of what I would be doing. And having lived a summer in Amsterdam, I know where to do it!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:36 AM »

When you have a host of personal problems and issues, just "adopt" a couple of kids, and it will all get better. You will no longer feel so alone. This meme in various forms has been repeating itself since time began. This is just the latest iteration.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »

So you're going to risk infecting your co-workers?

Malaria is spread not by humans, but by a certain insect, so in this one instance, Bushie is not doing something that is at once reckless, impulsive, self indulgent, rationalized to death, unrealistic, counterproductive, and doomed to failure and disappointment.

I need to give Jesus a ring, and tell him to stop enabling Bushie, or I am going to go up there and kick his butt. I don't have much patience with enablers - never have.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well my skeptical God is whispering to me at this very moment, that the above is either 1) BS, or 2) a symptom of schizophrenia or certain variants of bipolar psychosis. I just can't manage to get in "the spirit" with all of this.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »

He is the Author of Scripture and Scripture is 100% accurate.

Says who? 

(Dear Others, I am not intending to kick up a theological debate...without revealing my hand too much, I hope its apparent to all those here with grey cells in the plural what I'm trying to find out).

If God is the author, then the accuracy bit rather logically follows. Per my reading, nobody knows who wrote most of the Bible with the exception of a couple of books, and as to those, nobody knows much about the authors except their identity. So the first assumption is where the Big Leap of Faith is embedded. If God were the author of it all, he is a bit of a schizophrenic himself - an ass kicking martinet into capital punishment one day, and a forgiving loving type the next - a veritable Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »

If God were the author of it all, he is a bit of a schizophrenic himself - an ass kicking martinet into capital punishment one day, and a forgiving loving type the next - a veritable Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Torie, Torie, Torie...the executions of the OT are a prefiguration of the coming Judgement, and serve as examples to warn us that we can't mock God.

Or the author or authors, in either the first draft, or the modified draft, or the one that was interlineated by someone later due to marketing needs at the time, which interlineations then became part of the text, were just in a bad mood that day. So many possibilities, so little time.

In the meantime, for some reason God has showered far more than I deserve upon moi, even as I basically ignore him. All very odd.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 11:50:55 AM by Torie »

If God were the author of it all, he is a bit of a schizophrenic himself - an ass kicking martinet into capital punishment one day, and a forgiving loving type the next - a veritable Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Torie, Torie, Torie...the executions of the OT are a prefiguration of the coming Judgement, and serve as examples to warn us that we can't mock God.

Or the author or authors, in either the first draft, or the modified draft, or the one that was interlineated by someone later due to marketing needs at the time, which interlineations then became part of the text, were just in a bad mood that day. So many possibilities, so little time.

Since we are here to promote logic, it is undeniable that both the OT and NT believe in a coming Judgment.  And the both the OT and NT state that the old covenant would be superseded by a new covenant.  So both OT and NT are on the same page.

To claim the underlying mindset of the bible is the work of multiple minds, is to be purposely dismissive of its deeply embedded connectivity and cohesiveness that is either explicitly stated or can be logically deduced.  And such purposeful ignorance would be most illogical, Councilor Torie.

Clearly, the books of the bible have to have a single author because they deeply profound and are interdependent, not standing on their own - much like the forces of nature are interdependent.  One would not claim the forces of nature themselves are the collaboration of the followers of science, that would be absurd – the laws are too remarkable, too profound to be the work of the human mind, and too interwoven to be the work of a committee, esp a committee of several dozen throwbacks seperated by a timespan of hundreds or even thousands of years.

Read this book and get back to me jmfcst, which got kick ass reviews. Sometimes, securing a greater understanding and knowledge requires reading more than one book. I'm about half way through it myself. I am going slowly, because I am reading the sometimes rather complex text closely. Hey, after you have read it, we can discuss it on the religion board if you like. Beyond God's vacillations on whether to be hard or soft on crime, another is the oscillations between Apocalypse now, Apocalypse later, and what Apocalypse, we have better things to do than waste time on such idle speculations as to whether or not we need to worry about paying off our debts because the secular world might end before the notes we made become due. It's all there. Cheers.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 12:00:44 PM by Torie »

You are not going to read the book then jmfcst?  Are you fearful of reading material that might challenge your beliefs?  Be brave jmfcst. Courage is the most noble of virtues. I am never so happy as when I am reading texts written by very smart people on the Left. Being challenged, and then challenged some more, turns me on. How about you?

In any event, it is more productive if a discussion focuses on one text at a time.  That way there is a common point of departure. It keeps matters focused. Focus is our friend.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 12:33:13 PM by Torie »

I was not anticipating some sort of sanguinary gladiatorial fight to the death for the amusement of the mob jmfcst, but rather something more on the lines of a civil discussion, with a common point of departure. Some other time perhaps.  

Oh, you are ascribing motives to me vis a vis the book that are errant, but I digress.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.

I support Straha's advice because we need a new storyline Smiley

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!

When you present your saga/novel to a publisher, the first thing they will say is to lose this section, which is repetitive, and mundane, unless of course you obsess to the point where it becomes yet another interesting exploration of a portfolio of psychological disorders. In other words, if you are going to go there, it had better be good.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 04:50:37 PM »

The trivial is planned months in advance, the major decisions of one's life are done impulsively on the spur of the moment. That might not be the best path to the most self actualizing life - either in the serving of others, and most importantly yourself, because if you don't adequately serve yourself, in general you will be rather unfit to serve others. Just a thought.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 11:01:27 AM »

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?

No no no, Torie.......fleecing the donors is the game......got it now? 

Bushie would use a verb that connotes an unethical separation of someone from their money?  I have not noticed that confession is a major part of Bushie's religious portfolio for starters.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »

I feel like I am reading about the culture of some space alien in a sci fi novel. It is that far out there from anything I know, understand, or have experienced. This fleece thing in particular is really trippy. I think maybe the novel was written with a movie in mind. I guess in the end it is just an old fashioned asking for money.  But this is a much more cinematic way of doing it isn't it?  But hey, if it works, go for it baby!  Congratulations Bushie. You scored! Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 09:32:15 PM by Torie »

In other news, Mr. Roper I think of the Gallop Poll was interviewed on NPR Marketplace (he's interviewed every week), and he said per his polls the state where residents had the most favorable view of their employment picture was well, you guessed it, Oklahoma! Imagine if Bushie lived in well, Riverside, CA, where there are no jobs to be found, or OC, where a friend of mine is living with me for awhile, because he can't find a job to save his life. And I get to "enjoy" his rug rats running around my house and in my pool every other weekend and on Tuesdays, to boot. Tongue

Bushie, did your parents spoil you rotten? I have to ask, because if I were your parent, I would have kicked your ass long ago, and hard.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »

First thing, this job-changing event is NOT my fault, so Torie and Polnut, shut it!

Second thing, this is not going to derail my Kenya plans.  It is not going to delay it and it is not going to speed it up.

OK, but in closing, I notice you did not respond to the question.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »

They had a reason to let you go. I'm not in Dell's HR department so I don't know what it is, but it's not like management were just playing a "Oh let's just throw a dart at a board and fire the random employee whose name it lands on just for kicks" sort of thing.

I wasn't alone in the dismissal.  I looked around yesterday when I turned in my badge, and there were several empty desks that were filled by employees just late last week.

If you honestly assessed yourself, just how good do you think you are in fielding calls from the noisome and sometimes irascible public?  I think I recall that at one point, that you said you found it a struggle, due to anxiety or something?  One of the most important things to learn in life in my experience, is being honest at least to yourself. I know, that is easier said then done. Maybe your calling is as a bookkeeper or something. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »

Bushie's Daddy is apparently a financial seer. Who knew?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 03:54:13 PM by Torie »

I just got a call from Xerox informing me that I am officially cleared to begin work on Monday, 18 June 2012.  The times are not known at this particular time as they are still trying to iron out the details for this class.  They do know there will be two classes one in the morning from 06:00-14:30 and the other from 15:00-23:30 Monday-Friday for the first four weeks which would take me through Friday, 13 July 2012.  After that, the schedules will likely go nuts again.

How much does this job pay again?  I am just wondering if you have prepared a spreadsheet with a financial plan (be sure to include the cost of the presents you will buy for two Christmases by the way - you do know that present giving is Pagan by the way don't you?) of just how you will amass a financial war chest for your foray into Kenya to save the children (in more ways than one of course). Or is the plan to just make ends meet, and do a redux of the fleece thing from time to time as necessary? If only you could make yourself into a 501(c)(3) charity, then the fleecees could get a deduction for their payments to the fleeceor. Maybe you could get your congressman to put in a private bill for you. That was how my dad got our illegal Hispanic maid legalized back in the 1960's. I went to school with the daughter of the Congressman, and so it was a Daddy, to Torie to Congressman's daughter to Congressman infield play. Not bad for an 11 year old eh?  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 04:21:29 PM by Torie »

I was asking I guess for the hourly pay rate, so I could get some sense as to whether your spreadsheet was of this world, or more of the next actually, where the waters turn to wine with no production costs. I mean, I have some modest skill with financial spreadsheets myself. See, we have something in common. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 04:24:51 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 04:29:15 PM by Torie »

I was asking I guess for the hourly pay rate, so I could get some sense as to whether your spreadsheet was of this world, or more of the next actually, where waters turns to wine with no production costs. I mean, I have some modest skill with financial spreadsheets myself. See, we have something in common. Smiley

For the first 8 weeks (through Friday, 10 August 2012), I will be making $10.00/hr.  After that, I will make $12.00/hr.

So 24K per year more of less in gross pay prior to FICA and some other minor offsets, maybe 20K net. Maybe you should post your spreadsheet so we could help you "refine" it, and make this a team effort.

By the way, do you plan to lose any weight prior to facing the daunting challenges of Kenya? I mean, you need to get your resistance up.  You don't want to be a sickie in Kenya do you? Do they have "free" medical care in Kenya for foreigners?  By the way, can you legally go to Kenya, and just stay, or do they bounce you out after six months?  Or is the plan to become an illegal there?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2012, 04:37:12 PM by Torie »

Bushie, you already told us all there is to know about your sex life. How much you spend on housing and sugared soft drinks and pizza and utilities (do you turn the AC on in the summer?), seems rather prosaic by comparison, no?  (Oh, I forgot the tithing God wants you to do, so that is a 2K expense right there, or maybe 2.4K if the 10% is off the gross rather than the net.) Yes, I knew that you would agree. It is not as if you have pot bills, or hooker/gigolo bills, or anything (not even booze right?). (Yes, my spreadsheet would probably be more interesting.) We are here to help Bushie. Think about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies