As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:24:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313558 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: November 20, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »

Some words of note/warning...

Kenya is a favoured spot for more... charismatic Christian Churches, considering 83% of Kenya is Christian, the majority of these are mainline protestants, don't really go to convert the small Muslim community - they tend to go to convert other Christians to their more... fire and brimstone beliefs.

A friend from School went on a mission to a small town outside Nairobi, which is largely Catholic. When asking why they came to this village, rather than trying to work in the Muslim areas in Coast province - he was told "it's too difficult, these people are already halfway there", plus Kenya is perfect as being sub-Saharan Africa, but with a small Muslim population and a lower HIV rate than Botswana, Zimbabwe and South Africa.

He became increasingly disenchanted, considered the whole process incredibly insulting to the otherwise intelligent locals. And he no longer is a participant in any Church.

But from my experience of traveling in Kenya, which is a beautiful country full of good people. Don't even try exchanging money there... you will get screwed. Go into a large bank chain and most will be able to order you some Kenyan currency in. Same thing goes for medication, I took everything before I left. There is a market in counterfeit malaria medications.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »

Anyway, according to my calcuations and the verbal commitments I have gotten over the phone just this evening, by the first weekend of December, I will have raised $900 for my trip including the deposit, passport, and a big chunk toward the airfare.

How the hell does that even cover that?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:18 PM »

Would you look at that... Through all the commitments I have already secured, I have my trip pretty well paid for already.  In fact, I have over $3,200 at my disposal if I need it.  The airfare is $1500, the trip itself is $850, spending money/visa money is $200, passport is $135.  All together that is $2685.  The deposit is $250, so that brings the balance down to $2435.  The passport is $135, so balance is now $2300.  My grandmother will give me $300 at the beginning of December and the beginning of January, so balance is now $1700.  I will contribute $200 in December, January, February, and March, so that's now $900.  I have secured donations from my brother and his wife for Christmas and my missionary friends from China also for Christmas, probably $100 each.  The balance is now $700.  My grandmother will give me another $300 at the beginning of February to bring it down to $400.  I will contribute my own spending/visa money, so that's now $200.  That leaves my mother and dad only having to contribute $200.  That's not even including if my church can help me out some.

Um... $150 for spending money?

Ah... ha... when it comes to spending money always over estimate.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:35:28 PM »

After stepping on the scale this morning, I am pleased to report that I have now lost 17 1/2 pounds at a weight of 267.6, my best showing, yet! I felt pretty good yesterday, even though I thought I had pigged out and blown it, by having an entire large pizza from Little Caesars last night.  Even with the pizza, I still lost 2.4 pounds from yesterday morning.  I'm just imagining what it could have been had I not had that pizza.  I will probably eat a lot lighter today since I won't be home until 8:00 at the earliest and by then it will be too late for a big meal.  In fact, after I eat lunch this morning at 10:45, I may not eat again until tomorrow morning at my 9:30 lunch break.

I am growing confident in my weight loss adventure, now realizing that I can lose weight, especially after keeping this going for 8 full weeks.

The fact that you're getting the weight off is great... but STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF EVERY DAY!!!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 04:51:50 AM »

Hang on $400 travel agency fee?

That's 1/3 of the ticket price... that's unheard of!!

Unless you mean airport taxes etc?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:51:57 AM »

Hang on $400 travel agency fee?

That's 1/3 of the ticket price... that's unheard of!!

Unless you mean airport taxes etc?

Nope, all the ticket taxes and fees are included in the $1200.  The actual ticket was under $800.  I thought the $400 travel agent fees were quite high, but they did warn us about that before we signed up.  They warned us the tickets would be a total of $1500-$1600.  It turns out it was $1597.xx per person.

The rest of the trip is only $850 plus $250 Visa/Spending Money.  By the end of January, I will have $800 of the $850 raised.  I'll get the spending money out in early March just before I leave so I don't lose it or spend it and so the bills can be as crisp as possible, which helps with currency conversion.

Wait... seriously.

I've bought a LOT of tickets from travel agents... and my booking fees never exceeded $40... ever.

I bought my ticket for Europe in  July last year for $1940... and the booking fee was $35.

You've been had... someone should report them.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »

When I left for 6-weeks in Europe... I packed on the morning I left..
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »

That's too bad. I think it would do you good to get out of Oklahoma, especially if you've lived there all your life. Different states offer different perspectives. It's a wonderful thing.

Consider who you're talking about... K? .... I'll wait...

OK, now you see why that thinking is pointless for someone like Bushie?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 11:57:19 PM »

I suppose the strength of people who are soooo blinkered by religion, they see everything, good-bad-indifferent as being from God, so take no responsibility for constant f*** ups.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »

I suppose the strength of people who are soooo blinkered by religion, they see everything, good-bad-indifferent as being from God, so take no responsibility for constant f*** ups.

It's stuff like this that I do ignore that is laughing at Christians and calling us stupid that it makes absolutely no sense.

That's the thing... I'm not laughing a 'Christians', I laugh at (and have serious concerns for) people who resign responsibility for their decisions.

I know PLENTY of Christians who would find your position quite horrifying.

You have made some literally mind-bogglingly bad decisions over the past few years... and thanked God for them at their inception almost every time... then when the inevitable end occurs... you thank God for that too...

So... either God really doesn't like you... or you're really bad at using your own God-given brain and free-will to make decisions for your life.

I'm being harsh, and as usual, it probably won't set-in, but this actually comes from a place of deep concern. It's not like you need to give up your faith to inject a little common-sense.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2012, 01:34:15 AM by President Polnut »

Do you really have the financial means and parental expertise to be the adoptive parent to two children?  Perhaps you should talk to a counselor before you start trying to go down this road.

You honestly think he'll give this or any other intelligent consideration any thought whatsoever?

If he truly cares about the children, I think he'll talk this over to a professional counselor to get their opinion of whether he should be adopting 2 children.

You're giving him way too much credit.

I agree... does he know if God wants this yet? Or because he's had a good time and wants to return... the surely he does and will provide all in time which is necessary?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 01:47:13 AM »

Guys, I think we should support Bushie. Better he adopt two kids financially than have some biological ones on his own.

Consider what those kids have already been through?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »

This is just a disaster waiting to happen...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »

Of course it hasn't. But on a serious note, you wouldn't just drive to the doctors office in Kenya to figure out what was wrong with you. There are a lot of things you're taking for granted now.

mmmhmmm...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 06:51:36 AM »

This is my pictorial impression of both this thread AND the OP's plans..
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 08:48:12 AM »

Jeff, you never addressed my question: If you don't go to Kenya, does that mean God changed his mind?

No, it would mean I read it wrong.  I don't forsee that happening, though.

But didn't you say he verbally spoke to you?

Exactly.  Read two things - read the second sentence of the quoted post and read my previous post in response to jmfcst's question.

OK.  But you said he spoke to you.  If he verbally spoke to you, what exactly did he say?  "Jeff, go to Kenya" or something you ahd to interpret?

I am not going to keep answering your questions. Obviously, you either don't belive that God still speaks to His children or you refuse to accept any answer I provide. I know what God told me so people need to accept that.

Besides, this forum thinks the only acceptable answer is to stay in Oklahoma. They refuse to consider that God sometimes asks His children to do things that go against societal thinking.

No one is suggesting that your only options in life is the hell hole of a state you live in or Kenya..

What is being said is you should actually think rationally about what it instead of deciding what you want to do and labeling it as God told you to do it. 

You seem to have such strong feelings about certain things that you convince yourself God is telling you to do something when in fact no such thing is happening.  We have been down this road before, it never ends well....

How are 100% certain that God is not calling me to Kenya?  You may have strong feelings against it yourself (representing the forum at-large), and that's fine. Opposing views are needed, encouraged, and I do welcome it.  What is true, though, is when it all boils down, you are just as certain that I should not go to Kenya as I am that I should go.  Because of that, I would like for the forum to tell me why I shouldn't go aside from telling me "God is not calling you".  You want me to give you tangible facts as to why I believe I am to go, which I have by telling you my purpose of going down there.  Return the favor and give me tangible facts and evidence as to why I should not go and leave the "God is not calling you" crap at home.  I will listen to opposing views if they are, not necessarily bathed in prayer (that was an anger reaction), but filled with tangible facts and evidence.

Right...

You're confusing frustration with your constant avoidable mistakes with something against people of faith or who claim some kind 'connection' to God.

What is clear, is that you are immature for someone your age, you rely on others to justify your decisions, you have people around you who coddle you and who encourage you to not have any FAITH IN YOURSELF. Instead to put faith in something else...

This is your first overseas trip, you enjoyed it  and that's great. However, you've taken it to an extreme conclusion. What you're probably feeling is wanderlust, this is especially true when it's your first real excursion away from home. It's a sign that you're ready to experience MORE, but that doesn't mean that you have to shift your entire life to that extent. And I think that's telling of your immaturity, that you are unable to recognise that.

You maybe don't realise how sheltered your life has been?

As to the evidence... of course I cannot tell you that God isn't telling you to go, any more than you can tell me that God is telling you to go... because I believe you're trying to justify your misdirected wanderlust as God-driven... as opposed to enjoying your time away and you think the way to make yourself feel that all the time... is to return full time.

Moving to a foreign country is hard... you need to prove that YOU can do a job that no one in Kenya can do. Not impossible but Kenya is one of the most IT-savvy country in sub-Saharan Africa, plus Kenya is also being flooded with MBAs from the Middle-East and other parts of Africa.

Now, the thing about the children... you are a sponsor parent... but in no way does that give you any kind of parental rights, nor should it. A single-man CANNOT adopt children under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You may want evidence as to why God isn't telling you... but that's you trying to not face the cold hard facts.

You might want to look at this as being cruel... but the fact you're going into this with such clear blinkers on... someone needs to make sure you're aware of the sheer facts...

So for God's sake, go experience more of the world, wanting that feeling of a new place and sensation is very important and it's a great learning experience.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »

Jeff, you never addressed my question: If you don't go to Kenya, does that mean God changed his mind?

No, it would mean I read it wrong.  I don't forsee that happening, though.

But didn't you say he verbally spoke to you?

Exactly.  Read two things - read the second sentence of the quoted post and read my previous post in response to jmfcst's question.

OK.  But you said he spoke to you.  If he verbally spoke to you, what exactly did he say?  "Jeff, go to Kenya" or something you ahd to interpret?

I am not going to keep answering your questions. Obviously, you either don't belive that God still speaks to His children or you refuse to accept any answer I provide. I know what God told me so people need to accept that.

Besides, this forum thinks the only acceptable answer is to stay in Oklahoma. They refuse to consider that God sometimes asks His children to do things that go against societal thinking.

Calm down - I didn't see you ever answer the question.  I'm merely asking, specifically (as in a quote, or close to it) what God said.

I apologize for getting up in arms about it.

The quote was "I have prepared you for 30 years for this big move.  Be still, and know that I am God, Be strong and of a good courage.  I have work left for you in Oklahoma, but you will not be a permanent resident of Oklahoma.  These men at Maisha need your help.  Don't worry about how you will get down there and don't worry about anything, I've got you in my arms.  Every hair on your head is numbered.  I know every thing about every one of your days before they even happen.  Be Still, and Know that I am GOD."

Yikes... God sounds like he does in the 10 Commandments!... and the Simpsons.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »

Well, good thing Bushie is supporting politicians like Mitt Romney who will protect employers' right to fire people for no reason and with no notice. America!

Somewhat ironic considering his employment history...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »

In other news, Mr. Roper I think of the Gallop Poll was interviewed on NPR Marketplace (he's interviewed every week), and he said per his polls the state where residents had the most favorable view of their employment picture was well, you guessed it, Oklahoma! Imagine if Bushie lived in well, Riverside, CA, where there are no jobs to be found, or OC, where a friend of mine is living with me for awhile, because he can't find a job to save his life. And I get to "enjoy" his rug rats running around my house and in my pool every other weekend and on Tuesdays, to boot. Tongue

Bushie, did your parents spoil you rotten? I have to ask, because if I were your parent, I would have kicked your ass long ago, and hard.

...and repeatedly.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 04:15:13 AM »

btw... it's not a career... it's a job.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »

Again... you started your JOB at Xerox today... each job change within the same field is not a new career.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »

Jesus F... Christos...

Just experiment... do you know how to boil water? that's a good start - that means you can steam and poach...

I wasn't taught how to cook, I just started to do it when I was about 8 by just watching then I did simple things... now I love it and make really complex stuff.

If you want some healthy and simple recipes to try, just PM me, or ask here.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 09:04:41 PM »

If actually thinking sponsor children are actually yours motivates you to lose weight, good for you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »

ah... well, this can ONLY go well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies