As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313171 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« on: November 21, 2011, 04:32:05 PM »

I don't really get where some of the negativity in this thread is coming from. I think it'd be good for the guy to go somewhere different and see the world. This church has done this trip multiple times; I'm sure it'll all be fine. Bushie has made a lot (A LOT) of boneheaded moves in the past few years but I don't really see how this is one of them.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »

You describe yourself in your Forum profile as "Republican Socially, Democrat Economically". Why then are you supporting a Republican running mostly on fiscal issues in an election where the dominate issue is the economy?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »

So what was their reaction to the fact they have 2 new grandkids? 

The love the idea.  We happened to bump into each other at Walmart this afternoon as they were leaving and I was arriving to get stuff for my care package party for the kids and she gave me $20 to put toward the contents.  I showed them the pictures of their two grandkids that I just got via email this past Thursday and they loved them.  They know this is where my heart is, and I had a feeling they were going to find out before I planned to tell them because I am friends with both of my parents on facebook and they occasionally check it.  I wasn't at all suprised, and in fact, I am relieved because now I can talk openly about this in front of them and to them and they have even more time to wrap their heads around their baby boy living nearly 10,000 miles away.

I don't know exactly how they feel, yet, other than I think my mother is relieved that I am not moving right away.  Of course, by the time I leave I will be almost 33 years old, so I am really not looking for their approval, I am just looking for their blessing.  My mother is cutting off all financial support to me when I turn 30 years old next Sunday, 29 April, because (1) I am 30 and (2) she retires from work the next day on 30 April so they will have to rely on his income for 6 months until her retirement checks kick in this November which will be less than what she is making now.  In doing so, they are also agreeing to allow me to make every decision that affects me.  I will come to them for advice and guidance because they are double my age, my father will be 61 next February and my mother will be 60 this October, but the final decision and its consequences rest on my shoulders.  If I succeed, that's great.  If I fall, they will not be there to pick me up except emotionally and spiritually.  They cannot pick me up, financially, anymore.

Of course.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »

Me too. I have 4 exams in the next two weeks. I haven't left the library in 3 days. I also think I am going crazy.

I can assure you not as crazy as others in this thread.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »

I finished my first 9 hour work day today and have 9 more like days in the next two weeks.  It will be nice to get 5 hours overtime each of the next two weeks.  10 hours total on this pay period (the pay period just started Saturday, 21 April).

I am 124 hours from turning 30 years old and I am trying to get my house clean so I can start off my 4th decade with a clean house.  I've cleaned the kitchen so far tonight, and will finish it off through the evening and I'm doing my laundry.  I've been very busy the past two weekends so I've let the laundry pile up, so I've got several loads just in terms of sheer volume.  I'm going to do 3 loads tonight, which should get me nearly done.  If I can do two more loads tomorrow evening, I'll be fine.

Have we ever covered such minutiae?

Go and find the posts about his calendars.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »

I never thought I'd say this, but this thread has improved significantly since jmfcst started posting in it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.

I support Straha's advice because we need a new storyline Smiley

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!

Christmas isn't for more than 6 months...

I see you're new to these threads.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:41 AM »

Since when does Bushie have any web development skills?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies