As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:44:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 314899 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: May 16, 2012, 04:02:01 AM »

Fleece refers to Gideon who didn't believe an angel and hung out a fleece to test God's will to see if the angel was telling him an actual message from God, or whether the angel was bs'ing him. If you're interested enough for details, you can probably find more info through google, without too much difficulty.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »

Good luck with the move! It's a big step to be leaving your family and personal connections and moving interstate for a fresh job. I did that a few years back and it was very daunting, but it ended up being about the best thing I've ever done.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »

I never say midnight last night or midnight tonight.  I always say midnight this morning or midnight tomorrow morning.

I use evening for anything after the end of the work day until one turns toward home/bed, when it becomes night. I guess that means you can't "dance the night away" or have "a big night out" though, unless you're foxtrotting up the footpath home. I guess I might use night for post-midnight but before bed, and then morning from when you get up until noon. Midnight is midnight tonight in my mind.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »

Think about it: you went from being convinced that they were "jacking" with your pay

You've been watching too much Office Space. They did that to Milton - stopped paying him, rather than fired him... "These things have a way of just sorting themselves out..." - that doesn't happen in real life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies