As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:09:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 314277 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: February 02, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »

What do you do?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »

I see. Glad to see they're still around here. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2012, 11:09:34 AM by Simfan34 »

It may not be a Biblical phrase per se, but the Bible does say that God helps those who helps themselves.

Bushie, you need to help yourself. I've just landed yourself a well-paying job- a federal job, and you want to go away and live in Africa. Let me say this: there are many opportunities in Africa- my mother is the oldest of seven siblings yet the most successful is the youngest, who stayed in Ethiopia! Africa is a rising continent, and if you have a quick wit, or some kind of talent, you can make a name for yourself. Perhaps even train a calling center.

But you must keep these children in mind. If you truly care for them, you will realize that the plan you've drawn for yourself doesn't add up- you won't be able to care for them. Africa is a rough place, and you have people who in two continents who are now depending upon you. Do you really think that you'll be to provide for them as a minister in Africa?

Are you willing and able to help yourself?

A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.
Proverbs 29:11
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »

I feel like we need to send out a mission to this guy in OC and talk him out of it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 12:04:02 PM »

You'll need a British accent.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »

But perhaps the Almighty is speaking to you through us, a group of people with IQs over 75 and degrees from institutions that don't use ordinal directions in their names.

As a potential student of Northwestern University I am deeply offended.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

But perhaps the Almighty is speaking to you through us, a group of people with IQs over 75 and degrees from institutions that don't use ordinal directions in their names.

As a potential student of Northwestern University I am deeply offended.

Neh, don't be.  Northwestern isn't in the northwest, so bm has it right Smiley   

So I should be offended if I was going to Northeastern?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »

I'm just pulling your leg. Just pointing out a little... error.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »

MBA? From where?

Jmfcst, help him!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »

Only Jmfcst can save him now.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

I finished my first 9 hour work day today and have 9 more like days in the next two weeks.  It will be nice to get 5 hours overtime each of the next two weeks.  10 hours total on this pay period (the pay period just started Saturday, 21 April).

I am 124 hours from turning 30 years old and I am trying to get my house clean so I can start off my 4th decade with a clean house.  I've cleaned the kitchen so far tonight, and will finish it off through the evening and I'm doing my laundry.  I've been very busy the past two weekends so I've let the laundry pile up, so I've got several loads just in terms of sheer volume.  I'm going to do 3 loads tonight, which should get me nearly done.  If I can do two more loads tomorrow evening, I'll be fine.

Have we ever covered such minutiae?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2012, 06:27:25 AM by Simfan34 »

I finished my first 9 hour work day today and have 9 more like days in the next two weeks.  It will be nice to get 5 hours overtime each of the next two weeks.  10 hours total on this pay period (the pay period just started Saturday, 21 April).

I am 124 hours from turning 30 years old and I am trying to get my house clean so I can start off my 4th decade with a clean house.  I've cleaned the kitchen so far tonight, and will finish it off through the evening and I'm doing my laundry.  I've been very busy the past two weekends so I've let the laundry pile up, so I've got several loads just in terms of sheer volume.  I'm going to do 3 loads tonight, which should get me nearly done.  If I can do two more loads tomorrow evening, I'll be fine.

Have we ever covered such minutiae?

Go and find the posts about his calendars.

Well those are at least part of a greater narrative of organizing himself, but this seems to have nothing to do with anything.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 09:02:35 AM »

Jeff, you never addressed my question: If you don't go to Kenya, does that mean God changed his mind?

No, it would mean I read it wrong.  I don't forsee that happening, though.

Yeah.  It's not like it's ever happened before.

You are correct.  It has happened before.  That's part of being human.  However, I know God has spoken to me directly about this adventure.

As usual or in contrast to the past?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 11:48:00 AM by Severe Simfan34 »

These stupid Kenyans, they just let all of them run, if we had better resources we'd be winning!

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »

Is someone messing with Bushie?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »

How about we put a part of your expenses as "private" Bushie? You give us the estimate, we have the forum figure out the rest of the spreadsheet, and help you figure where you can cut back to help you save for your Kenyan adventures. You can also tell us if it's possible to cutback on the private expenses.

No, I appreciate the offer, and I know this forum could give good advice as it has over the past 3 or more years of the Update life.  However, I choose to keep it private for obvious reasons that you never know who could be reading this forum and might use it against me.

Bushie, we have more than enough already to put you away for life as it were, but we love you, and would never use it against you. But no problem.  It was just meant as a friendly offer. Whatever you are spending money on, or whatever other transfer payments you are getting that you don't want to disclose, is mere rounding error. As I said, my spreadsheet would lap yours several times over, and well, I have sort of "disclosed" mine. Life is beautiful, and the more you just open up, the happier you are. Closets are just so constricting - veritable self imposed prisons.

You have? Please direct me.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2012, 06:38:32 PM by His Great Device Makes Him Famous »

Why does it take you two hours to get ready? Even when I need to put on a suit it is no longer than a 45 min between when I get up and when I leave. You need 30 minutes to get ready. Leave at 5:15. Get there at 5:45, pour yourself a cup of coffee, go use the bathroom, lie back in your chair, whatever. Wake up at 4:45, get two more hours of sleep.

EDIT: Just timed myself. 9 minutes from underwear to tie, suit, socks, and shoes- ready to go. I usually proceed at a more leisurely pace, but it shows it can be done. It takes 10 minutes to shower- wash hair, shave, lather, brush teeth. 2 minutes for lotion and deodorant. It might take you 5 minutes for slacks and a shirt. What are we at- 17 minutes. That's 13 minutes for breakfast- more than enough time for oatmeal or cereal and a few articles in the paper or even some scrambled eggs and toast. Getting ready in 30 minutes is easy, if you time yourself. I used to struggle to be ready by 6:45 waking up at 6, since I started keeping track of the time I'm often ready to go by 6:25.

If this is too challenging, consider getting things ready the night before. I can spend an hour or more dithering on what suit/shirt/tie/shoe/combination to wear at times, so I like to arrange my wardrobe before going to sleep when the occasion calls. When pressed for time, I will shower in the evening and simply brush my teeth, floss, and shave in the morning. If I want eggs, often I will make eggs at night and reheat them for breakfast with toast. If one makes a point of it, you can save a lot of time getting ready, and in your case save two hours.

On a related note: how do you dress? What is your appearance like- clean shaven, glasses, etc?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »

Why does it take you two hours to get ready? Even when I need to put on a suit it is no longer than a 45 min between when I get up and when I leave. You need 30 minutes to get ready. Leave at 5:15. Get there at 5:45, pour yourself a cup of coffee, go use the bathroom, lie back in your chair, whatever. Wake up at 4:45, get two more hours of sleep.

EDIT: Just timed myself. 9 minutes from underwear to tie, suit, socks, and shoes- ready to go. I usually proceed at a more leisurely pace, but it shows it can be done. It takes 10 minutes to shower- wash hair, shave, lather, brush teeth. 2 minutes for lotion and deodorant. It might take you 5 minutes for slacks and a shirt. What are we at- 17 minutes. That's 13 minutes for breakfast- more than enough time for oatmeal or cereal and a few articles in the paper or even some scrambled eggs and toast. Getting ready in 30 minutes is easy, if you time yourself. I used to struggle to be ready by 6:45 waking up at 6, since I started keeping track of the time I'm often ready to go by 6:45.

If this is too challenging, consider getting things ready the night before. I can spend an hour or more dithering on what suit/shirt/tie/shoe/combination to wear at times, so I like to arrange my wardrobe before going to sleep when the occasion calls. When pressed for time, I will shower in the evening and simply brush my teeth, floss, and shave in the morning. If I want eggs, often I will make eggs at night and reheat them for breakfast with toast. If one makes a point of it, you can save a lot of time getting ready, and in your case save two hours.

On a related note: how do you dress? What is your appearance like- clean shaven, glasses, etc?

I say my alarm will go off at 3:00, but in reality, I'll probably end up getting up at 3:45 which would give me an hour until I leave, which, you're right, would be a lot easier especially that early in the morning.  I like to set my alarm earlier than I want to get up which is set to K-Love Christian Radio so i can listen to positive music and start rousing up before I get up.

Read what I said. You don't need to wake up that early, still. What do you do in the mornings? Perhaps you should try a dry run of my suggestions- at least see if it works for you. And the dress?

What are these Tribal doctors like? I don't buy this.

Have you considered what to do in Kenya? I'd think you could try your luck setting up a call center- you good make some good money, maybe!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »

Bible study? I see then. Do try the dry run.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »

That's what I plan on doing next week.  Maybe not at 4:00 am, but earlier than what I'm doing now, so probably about 6:00 am.  One morning next week I am going to do a dry run ending with a drive to work.

That sounds good. Try to time yourself- you'll find it take a lot shorter than it seems.

Back to the related note: how do you dress? What is your appearance like- clean shaven, glasses, etc?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »

That sounds good. If I were you, I'd switch to dress slacks, with pleats, and button down shirts. Especially ones with vertical stripes- they accentuate height over girth. Avoid checks and horizontal stripes. Wear your pants at the natural waist to prevent ungainly fat hanging over your belt- happens to us all. Ties also serve to accentuate height, but perhaps that's a bridge too far.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 06:09:57 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2012, 06:28:56 AM by His Great Device Makes Him Famous »

It is on Saturday, 30 June 2012 at 8:00 am.  That is the day of the Citizen Potawatomi Festival (formerly Pow Wow), so I will be going down there then and staying for the Pow Wow. 

Of course you are.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 08:19:12 AM »

Congrats!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 08:28:46 AM »

If shorts bother you (they kind of do for me) get some linen slacks, not jeans!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies