Opinion of this redistricting proposal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:54:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Opinion of this redistricting proposal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of this redistricting proposal?  (Read 1866 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: November 19, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »

I live the Mideast quite a bit and would be sad to see it go under this plan. Yet, it would be a lot of fun forming a committee to go through both constitutions and every law on the books in both regions to piece together a new region.

Lets see, 3 Regional Senate seats, 5 At-Large. Nope, no imbalance against the regions there.

We could do two senate seats from each regional. With five at large we would then have 11 senators. I suppose we could just get rid of the Vice-Presidency then as well.

No. No. No. I like Ohio right where it is, and the Virginias can stay as well. By all means, shove Maryland off to the North-East. Aside from that, however, No.

I'm glad to be wanted Cheesy
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »

We could do four regions and have four regional and four at-large senators:

I just drew this really quick without checking how it would change things, but we could gerrymander it to make two competitive regions and one safe for each party (and to make the populations work).
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 09:19:31 PM »

I guess the question for four regions becomes, how much effort should we put into population equity? I mean the Northeast is still rather overpopulated even if we take away PA. The current Pacific is barely half the ideal size for a new region (34.5 persons) so it would need to gobble up a lot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies