Opinion of this redistricting proposal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:53:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Opinion of this redistricting proposal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of this redistricting proposal?  (Read 1851 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 19, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »

Not in favor.  As I've said in the other thread, this proposal would make these regions less competitive because it would leave us with one liberal region, one conservative region, and one competitive region.  And while I love to see Northeast have the influence it does in these elections, I don't believe it would be fair.  The boundaries should be kept the same, but the South needs to have better legislators, is all.

How is this any different than what we have now?  We currently have 4 uncompetitive regions, with one competitive one. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »

Lets see, 3 Regional Senate seats, 5 At-Large. Nope, no imbalance against the regions there.

We could do two senate seats from each regional. With five at large we would then have 11 senators. I suppose we could just get rid of the Vice-Presidency then as well.

Or simply make the Vice President a Senator as well...

Though, 12 Senators is quite a bit.  In fact, I find 10 to be quite a bit already.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »

The Northeast will never relinquish PA to the Southeast.  That is all Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 09:08:03 PM »

Hmm this thread has certainly gotten more response when I basically proposed the same thing a month or two ago. Tongue

Because you proposed it, obviously.  Though I do believe I responded in agreement with your proposal Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies