Office of the Northeast Lt. Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:56:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Northeast Lt. Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Northeast Lt. Governor  (Read 1493 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2011, 08:14:05 AM »

Well, hello people. I figured I should just set one of these up that way if anyone has a question, or complaint for me.  I would like to thank the Governor for giving me the chance to serve int his office. This now means I am one of the very few who has served in every office in the Northeast. I've seved as CJO, Governor, Representative, and now Lt. Governor. Yay me!

Also, with that being said, I'm going back home to Connecticut for Thanksgiving, and will be leaving right after work today, so I will only have access to here via phone, so if I am needed, please send me a PM and I'll get in here.

LOVING YOU!!!!!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 07:43:15 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

I'm looking forward to working with you, Governor.  The Fair Taxation Act of 2012 has tied in the Assembly and may be forwarded to the Northeastern people for a vote at your will.  If the bill is not forwarded to the people, it shall be considered unsuccessful.

The Fair Taxation Act of 2012

1) Eliminate income tax for all citizens of the northeast who make below $15,000/year
2) Require 2/3 majority in legislature to raise taxes

Also, as our new governor, the Assembly is going to need a budget to consider from you.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »

Hah! I think I'm the only Governor since MAS to do a budget. Oh well, I'll try and get started on that soon, it'll because I'm going to be busy this weekend.

I'm looking forward to working with you, Governor.  The Fair Taxation Act of 2012 has tied in the Assembly and may be forwarded to the Northeastern people for a vote at your will.  If the bill is not forwarded to the people, it shall be considered unsuccessful.

The Fair Taxation Act of 2012

1) Eliminate income tax for all citizens of the northeast who make below $15,000/year
2) Require 2/3 majority in legislature to raise taxes

While I do not support the first section of this, I would like to move this onto the citizens for a vote. I think the timing is off on this, as this is something that may not be necessary after we create this years budget.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »

You are?  Damn, I am too this weekend.  Who else should I get to sub for me as Speaker for the next few days?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 03:26:01 PM »

The legislature will have to take some time off, enjoy your vacation everybody.

Andrew you should open a voting booth for the federal constitutional amendment and this piece of legislation.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »

You are?  Damn, I am too this weekend.  Who else should I get to sub for me as Speaker for the next few days?

I'll sub if that's allowed and you're okay with it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 09:04:36 PM »

Not sure if that's legal.  Governor Snowstalker took over for me last time I left.  It's no biggie, though.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

Not sure if that's legal.  Governor Snowstalker took over for me last time I left.  It's no biggie, though.

Just a suggestion; I'd love to do it for a couple days, get used to the whole procedure, etc.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 11:03:25 PM »

Just a suggestion; I'd love to do it for a couple days, get used to the whole procedure, etc.

It would be unlawful for you to do so, IIRC.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:24 PM »

Why's that?  I would be temporarily presiding; what if it were put to a vote in the assembly?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

If it's still no, it's okay, I was just trying to help out.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »

Why's that?  I would be temporarily presiding; what if it were put to a vote in the assembly?

Because our Assembly Procedure designates Assembly responsibility to the Lt. Governor, and during his abscence and/or request, the Speaker.  It's been a long running precedent that the Speaker runs the Assembly, even though the Lt. Governor could technically take over, as would be his/her right.  AFAIK, there's no provision that allows us to designate this responsibility to anyone else, except that the Governor can act as Lt. Governor will the position is vacant.  Both Governor and Speaker are away, and the Lt. Governor position is vacant , so the consensus was that we'd just "recess" for the weekend.

Hope my boggled explanation suffices, though I admit, it's pretty incoherent.  And as always, you could get the CJO's opinion, but that would require the CJO to research it or ask someone who has been here, such as myself, or Napoleon, for example Wink
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »

Because our Assembly Procedure designates Assembly responsibility to the Lt. Governor, and during his abscence and/or request, the Speaker.  It's been a long running precedent that the Speaker runs the Assembly, even though the Lt. Governor could technically take over, as would be his/her right.  AFAIK, there's no provision that allows us to designate this responsibility to anyone else, except that the Governor can act as Lt. Governor will the position is vacant.  Both Governor and Speaker are away, and the Lt. Governor position is vacant , so the consensus was that we'd just "recess" for the weekend.

Hope my boggled explanation suffices, though I admit, it's pretty incoherent.  And as always, you could get the CJO's opinion, but that would require the CJO to research it or ask someone who has been here, such as myself, or Napoleon, for example Wink

I think I'll propose a constitutional amendment to resolve this for now and the future.  Do we need the speaker to propose new legislation?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

Governor, The Anti-Prohibition and Blue Law Repeal Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

The Anti-Prohibition & Blue Law Repeal Act

A BILL to repeal and prohibit Northeastern laws that are found to be religiously motivated or otherwise unnecessary

1.) All existing laws which prohibit the consumption or sale of beer, wine, and spirits at neighborhood grocery and package stores on any day of the week are hereby repealed.

2.) All existing laws which prohibit gambling on any day of the week are hereby repealed.

3.) Town records may hereby be kept where liquor is sold.

4.) Brothels are hereby legal in the Northeast.

5.) The sale of fireworks is hereby permitted to all Northeast residents above the age of seventeen.

6.) Hunting licenses and fishing licenses are no longer necessary to hunt or fish on one's own private property.

7.) On no day of any week are hunting or fishing prohibited activities.

8.) Players of professional sports shall not have to obtain a license to play on Sundays.

9.) "R"-rated movies are hereby allowed to be shown in drive-in theaters.

10.) The Northeast government may not prohibit activities on a given day of the week for religious reasons.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »

On desk to be signed:

The Anti-Prohibition & Blue Law Repeal Act

Signed

X- Guv. AndrewPA
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 06:58:47 PM »

Governor, the Anti-Prohibtion Act of 2012 has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

I propose the Anti-Prohibition Act of 2012:

1) Complete decriminalization of all illegal drug substances
2) Repeal of gun control laws in the northeast
3) Complete legalization of prostitution
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 02:28:29 AM »

Governor, please be sure to sign or veto this bill before the next session begins.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies