Harvard Students stage walk-out on Greg Mankiw (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Harvard Students stage walk-out on Greg Mankiw (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harvard Students stage walk-out on Greg Mankiw  (Read 3898 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: November 22, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »
« edited: November 22, 2011, 09:57:06 PM by Politico »

Here's a startling idea: If you do not like a good/service, do not buy it! Why in the world would these students pay top dollar for Mankiw's class only to do what they have done? Why not use those funds to pay for another class that is more suitable for their interests?

Oh, wait, I forgot: Mommy and daddy are paying for everything, so it's all just a big joke at this stage. Woe is me, the Harvard kid who has everything handed to them. What a laugh...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2011, 12:13:18 PM by Politico »

I have never heard of a first year economics textbook that does not highlight the difference between positive and normative economics, and does not emphasize almost exclusively the former. When normative economics is broached, usually the top opposing viewpoints on a particular matter are given to provide balance.

This is just a bunch of whiny, naive students who know nothing about economics, most notably a complete absence of understanding of scarcity/constraints. This is the foundation of their fantastical beliefs about a great deal of things without an iota of empirical evidence, not to mention mathematical rigor, to back themselves up...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »

Classic right-wing diatribe there, politico, devoid of any evidence to back it up.  You do realize, don't you, that 'scarcity' is a myth created by the owners?

Full disclosure: I used to be just like them when I was a teenager.

You still do not realize why printing money will not get everybody everything they want/desire? Every time I see one of your posts in this sub-forum, I pray that you are trolling and not serious...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »

Full disclosure: I used to be just like them when I was a teenager.

You still do not realize why printing money will not get everybody everything they want/desire? Every time I see one of your posts in this sub-forum, I pray that you are trolling and not serious...

The point is to get rid of the debt without 'repaying' it, Politico.  Printing money is one good way to do that.

Reminder to self: Do not feed the troll...do not feed the troll...do not feed the troll...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »

I can't hear you!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies