Who won? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:13:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The debate
Mitt Romney

Newt Gingrich

Herman Cain

Rick Perry

Ron Paul

Rick Santorum

Michele Bachmann

Jon Huntsman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Who won?  (Read 4530 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 22, 2011, 10:12:26 PM »

Gingrich could have made a slam dunk if his immigration statement was as pleasing to America as it was to the crowd in the room. It's about time we try hard and seriously to win the Latino vote. LOL CNN is saying it will hurt him even after the room cheered for Newt. Gotta love reporters spinning thinks with serious faces. If he stays where he is or moves up after the debate, he just created a huge opportunity in the general election.

Huntsman did well, I don't think he came out on top as some of you, but he did do better than previous debates.

Cain is a failure. He knows nothing of national security.

Ron Paul will never go up or down ever unless he changes his values.

Bachmann is a fool so we can forget her. Wake me up when she doesn't spend her entire time attacking another GOP candidate. She's the pestering little 4 year old sister trying to play with her brother's 17 and 18 year old friends.

Santorum did well but his speech was sometimes slurred.

Romney...eek. He was messing up facts even. "$4.5 billion a year in Afghanistan"...mmm no, we spend a whole lot more than that kid.

Perry I still think is pretty dumb, but it was a whole lot better than oops. He talks so slow while collecting his thoughts.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »

Even CNN is saying that Paul won.

Romney was a failure, probably the end to his campaign,

As much as I'd like that, Romney would need to be charged for corruption or treason or something to end his campaign before Jan.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »

A conservative estimate on an immigration strategy like Newt's probably is worth 2-3% loss in support today in a GOP primary and practically all of that can be won back in not much time. It could likely result in no change.

Acceptance towards a real(not BS) comprehensive plan on immigration is rising with conservative voters. But for the most part its just showing up in people not willing to answer what happens after you have "secured the border" and "effectively stopped illegal immigration".

Well Cain's answer to secure the border is to "Secure the border" and everything will be saved. I'd like to know HOW people, to all the candidates. All they say is a fence, and that will magically ward off millions.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »

Perry- B+ Yes he was the winner in my opinion. He made an amazing recovery from his past missteps and should hopefully take support away from Gingrich in the coming days.
Huntsman- B This was his debate issue wise tonight. He did come off as a little too intellectual for the taste of the Tea Party tonight, and is still coming off mousy. Besides that, He was more confident tonight.
Romney- B- A little weaker than past debates, but still was the most articulate and presidential on the stage.
Gingrich- C Yeah I'm not seeing all the amazingness the Gingrich hacks are talking about. He came off as looking creepy, and a jerk when he interrupted Romney and Huntsman's exchange by saying "How about letting the rest of us speak?" The immigration issue is going to hurt any chance of more poll gains after tonight, and at most he will stay polling around where he is right now before deflating around the time of the next debate.
Bachmann- C She's picking up some steam again, so she's in my analysis. She sounded less crazy, and wasn't afraid to call out Gingrich when others on stage were.
Santorum- C Meh. He sounded the most sane after Romney and Huntsman, but couldn't get himself noticed that much.
Paul- D- Just horrible. He clearly has a niche of support for his views, but he stumbled when he was called out on them by the neo-cons on stage. Since the rest of the field is so bad though, he still has a great shot at winning Iowa.
Cain- F- FAIL. Seriously you're going to use the argument that Iran is too mountainous in your argument not to support Israel bombing it? I suppose if it were as flat as Kansas it would be ok then?

That was Santorum...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies