Last election between two candidates who would've both been terrible presidents?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:14:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Last election between two candidates who would've both been terrible presidents?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Last election between two candidates who would've both been terrible presidents?  (Read 6629 times)
skybridge
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2005, 06:47:38 AM »

Gee, I am stunned.  Nixon was privately informing the South Viet Namese that he was in favor of continuing to support South Viet Nam.  I guess they didn't read the newspapers or watch CBS News.  That's hardly "sabatoge."

It's hardly an invitation to peace.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2005, 02:21:41 PM »

Gee, I am stunned.  Nixon was privately informing the South Viet Namese that he was in favor of continuing to support South Viet Nam.  I guess they didn't read the newspapers or watch CBS News.  That's hardly "sabatoge."

It's hardly an invitation to peace.

No, but it's not "sabatoge," either.  Nixon talked about plans to end the war, but he wasn't running around saying he'd abandon South Viet Nam.  He was saying in private what he was saying in the campaign.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2005, 02:31:30 PM »

Once again jFRAUD you've gotten wrong again.

Here is what one of the articles, http://www.thenation.com/docprint.mhtml?i=20001106&s=wiener said:

In interviews with Summers, she said she met with Nixon and his campaign manager (and future Attorney General), John Mitchell, who told her to inform Saigon that if Nixon won the election, South Vietnam would get "a better deal."

Spin spin spin
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2005, 03:38:04 PM »

Here is what one of the articles, http://www.thenation.com/docprint.mhtml?i=20001106&s=wiener said:

In interviews with Summers, she said she met with Nixon and his campaign manager (and future Attorney General), John Mitchell, who told her to inform Saigon that if Nixon won the election, South Vietnam would get "a better deal."

Spin spin spin

In you case. society would be better by you going "snip, snip, snip."  It would improve the species.

It really hard to call Nixon's public proposals "sabatoge."  That's the real spin here.  Typical, typical, typical of the Loony Left like jFRAUD.

He was pro South Viet Nam.   You can argue that it's a bad policy, but saying so isn't sabatoge.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2005, 05:30:29 PM »

Spin spin spin

In you case. society would be better by you going "snip, snip, snip."  It would improve the species.

It really hard to call Nixon's public proposals "sabatoge."  That's the real spin here.  Typical, typical, typical of the Loony Left like jFRAUD.

He was pro South Viet Nam.   You can argue that it's a bad policy, but saying so isn't sabatoge.

Another failure of the education system.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2005, 06:36:22 PM »

Spin spin spin

Another failure of the education system.

You're correct jFRAUD, so He are definitions to help you understand:

Sabotage:
Treacherous action to defeat or hinder a cause or an endeavor; deliberate subversion.

Propose:
To put forward for consideration, discussion, or adoption; suggest: propose a change in the law.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/

Nixon proposed more support for South Viet Nam during the campaign.  Now that is past tense because the campaign ended in 1968 but this is what he put forward.

Sabotage refers to an act that is treacherous.  That's a big word.  Can you say "treacherous?"  Good, I knew you could.

Now "treacherous" means:
"Marked by betrayal of fidelity, confidence, or trust; perfidious."

There was no "betrayal."  The message possibly passed was the same one that he said publically.

If you don't understand, I can try to use smaller words and make it even easier for you.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 02:19:29 PM »

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2005, 04:32:07 PM »

I would take out 1988 and insert 1920.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2005, 01:51:56 PM »

why does everyone hate Fremont?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2005, 05:59:16 PM »

I don't hate Fremont, he was a fine commander in the Mexican War but created a fiasco as the Millitary General of Missouri durring the Civil War.

He did not have the leadership ability to lead in 1856. Had he ran instead of Grant in 1868 than I would not include him.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2005, 09:25:52 AM »

2004 and before that probably 2000 Smiley.

J.J. I have heard it alleged that Nixon attempted to sabotage peace talks before 1968, I am unsure as to the validity, I was told of a character codenamed "Little Flower" who part of the South Vietnamese delegation and obstructed peace talks, not done much research into it, I was told it by a history teacher last year.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 11:20:59 PM »

Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2005, 04:20:16 AM »

1868 and 1872. "President Greeley", anyone?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies