Barney Frank to retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:17:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Barney Frank to retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barney Frank to retire  (Read 6860 times)
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« on: November 29, 2011, 02:58:58 PM »

Well at least something good will come from this election cycle.

Glad this hypocritical POS wouldn't be around for another term. The House and Washington politics overall will be a better place without him.

Any particular reason, gentlemen?

I suppose I can’t speak for the three of them, but I find Frank abrasive, arrogant, and rude when he speaks. Many of his views during the foreclosure crisis were controversial to say the least and many conservatives blame him in part for the failure of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (a position I don’t necessarily share). He also paid a prostitute for sex in 1989, which is illegal in Massachusetts (and then proceeded to have the man live in his house while running a prostitution ring). Basically though, I remember him as an angry liberal.

My opinion of him got even higher once I read the prostitute story. Farewell to Barney! Us liberal/progressives will miss having you in the house.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:44:16 PM »

I would hope this CD, or at least another one in Mass., would be able to elect an unabashed liberal of the Frank mold. Massachusetts is pretty much one of the only states where a few CD's would elect one if a staunch liberal got through the primary.

Vermont, Left Coast, New York, and maybe Rhode Island would elect a Frank mold liberal to congress.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:18:43 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2011, 06:26:35 AM by Ramsey Clark »

I would hope this CD, or at least another one in Mass., would be able to elect an unabashed liberal of the Frank mold. Massachusetts is pretty much one of the only states where a few CD's would elect one if a staunch liberal got through the primary.

Vermont, Left Coast, New York, and maybe Rhode Island would elect a Frank mold liberal to congress.

Yes, that's why I said "one of the only states". The thing about Mass. is that no matter how lines are drawn, there are several options. Even MA-3, conservative by Mass. standards, elects the quite liberal Jim McGovern.

Most of my family in Massachusetts are very conservative and they live mostly in MA-3 and MA-4 which is represented by Barney Frank.  You can find some of the most anti-minority Democrats around this area and Southie with more conservative views on taxes, guns, illegals, patriotism, and welfare. We Dems can elect some very liberal Democrats in states such as Ohio but more often then not this idealist solution won't be what the state actually wants due to their conservative polices with vice versa to liberal states electing conservatives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies