PPP: Romney's favorables falling
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:56:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Romney's favorables falling
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Romney's favorables falling  (Read 689 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

More bad news for Romney.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/11/romneys-fading-popularity.html

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »

Mitt Romney has no message, it's like listening to a seashell...there's nothing there but white noise (pardon the pun), plus he has a past that doesnt sit well with conservative, both fiscal and social.  He's campaigned for 5 years and can't break 25%.  And he lacks a bio involving 6 years in a POW camp to cover up his lack of message and his flipflops.

In fact, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is more likely that the race comes down to Cain vs Newt than Romney vs AnyoneElse.

Romney is in trouble, because right about now people are going to start really tuning in and listening, and Romney doesnt have a message to sell....and with the economy probably entering a new recession, people are going to be looking for a candidate with a plan.

Newt and Cain have a plan, Romney doesn't...no one is going to be able to coast to the 2012 GOP nomination - he/she has to have a sellable message.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

Is anyone surprise by this, the Democrats been hitting Mitt hard the past few weeks. Like I said before, even if Mitt escapes the primaries, the DNC and the Obama campaign are going to obliterate him.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »

Is anyone surprise by this, the Democrats been hitting Mitt hard the past few weeks.

Mitt is imploding because of (unnoticeable) attacks from Dems?!  To the contrary, Mitt's problems are 95% self-inflected.  His pandering is offensively bad.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »

Is anyone surprise by this, the Democrats been hitting Mitt hard the past few weeks.

Mitt is imploding because of (unnoticeable) attacks from Dems?!  To the contrary, Mitt's problems are 95% self-inflected.  His pandering is offensively bad.

Unnoticeable?

The DNC is the only one attacking Mitt. Now don't get me wrong, Mitt's shameless pandering is the bigger reason, but the DNC has been hitting him repeatedly on this issue the past few weeks.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 04:36:23 PM »

The dnc's attacks are apparently just hurting him in the GOP primary. He's still polling the best out of all the candidates, although I realize that could change.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »

Mitt is imploding because of (unnoticeable) attacks from Dems?!  To the contrary, Mitt's problems are 95% self-inflected.  His pandering is offensively bad.

Unnoticeable?

The DNC is the only one attacking Mitt. Now don't get me wrong, Mitt's shameless pandering is the bigger reason, but the DNC has been hitting him repeatedly on this issue the past few weeks.
sorry, but from Texas, we don't see any attack on Romney from the DNC
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 06:26:15 PM »

All to Huntsman's benefit.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 03:13:32 AM »

So still think we're going to get a Cain v. Gingrich race, jmfcst?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 09:19:55 AM »

Unnoticeable?

Going by the list of polls in the Forum database, the only state polls PPP did in the last 2 1/2 weeks were AZ and PA on 11/20, and CA on 11/13. Not surprisingly, those first two states are 2nd and 3rd (only behind WV) for the % drop in Romney's favorables. I'm not even sure the DNC attacks go as far back this month as 11/13 (or let alone the days beforehand when the CA poll was actually conducted). Did the DNC ads even run (outside the internet of course) in such a non-swing state as CA? I certainly don't recall them being done as far back as the beginning of this month or earlier, so they wouldn't have affected the 11/6/11 or October polls.

Regardless, it would seem Romney's drop in favorables/rise in unfavorables are at most only slightly related to Democratic attack ads, and not at all in most states polled. As Romney hasn't done anything different or newsworthy (in a bad way), it appears primary voters are simply being turned off by Romney being Romney the more they pay attention to the campaign. That is a very serious problem indeed, because there's very little Romney can do about it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies