Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:12:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the most absurd objective proposed by Newt Gingrich?
Putting mirrors in outerspace to light highways

Colonizing the moon for resources such as moon rocks

Repealing child labor laws so children can spend time in school being janitors rather than learning

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular  (Read 39976 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 10, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »

Seriously folks? Colonizing the moon?!?!? How can #2 not be the most absurd?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather colonize the moon than reinstating child labor.

I'd like to colonize the moon with child laborers.  We could put them to work making mirrors to illuminate our streets.  That way, if any secular atheists tried to drive up to Ground Zero to build a mosque, we'd be able to catch them, and any plans they have to impose sharia law would wither on the vine.

Of course, I'd only sign onto this plan if I can go to the Moon myself to inspect the work of the child laborers.  But only if I can ride there in Moon Force One, in the front of the rocket, and we can take off from the Greek cruise ship I'll be on, where I'm doing some work for Freddie Mac as a historian, and yelling at reporters who ask me debate questions.

Yeah, that's the plan.  Call it a "Contract with the Moon".  What do you think?  Is this going to work or does it involve too much right wing social engineering?  As long as it isn't guided by a Kenyan anti-colonial worldview, I think we're OK.  Hopefully, this plan will preclude Bob Livingston from going after my job, or my having to pay any $300,000 fines for ethics violations.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:30:26 AM »

Reading the subheds on this succession of Iraq columns by Gingrich is a hoot:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/newt-gingrich-on-iraq-a-timeline-of-questionable-judgment/249904/
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »

Gingrich fed tigers on national TV back in the 1990s:

Do you really want his finger on the button?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:26 PM »

Take this quiz:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/01/the-atlantic-politics-quiz-newt-gingrich-as-visionary/252150/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies