Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:47:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the most absurd objective proposed by Newt Gingrich?
Putting mirrors in outerspace to light highways

Colonizing the moon for resources such as moon rocks

Repealing child labor laws so children can spend time in school being janitors rather than learning

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular  (Read 39998 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 30, 2011, 11:18:02 PM »

Well, you have me convinced. That damn Newt converted to Catholicism, the bastard.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:37:54 PM »

Senate Democrats caused the Iran Hostage Crisis. If Nixon hadn't been bogged down by the media circus surrounding Watergate, he could've returned to where he wanted to be, foreign affairs, and averted the crisis before it even started.

This is fucking ridiculous. Clinton never did his job in the first place. Aside from that, after Newt stepped down (in 1998 I believe), Clinton had all of 2000 and probably all of 1999 to catch Osama. For God's freakin' sake here. This is just so fucking outrageous I can't put it into words. You're blaming the media circus of a marital scandal in 1998 for a terrorist attack in 2001. And not only that, you're not even blaming the President who allegedly committed the scandal, you're blaming the Speaker of the House for blowing it out of proportion. With this line of logic, I'm gonna bet we could blame Barack Obama for 9/11. George H. W. Bush for 9/11. Jimmy Carter for 9/11. Hillary for 9/11. Everybody for 9/11.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 02:03:06 PM »

How would this damage the "Hamilton-Theodore Roosevelt strain of the nation"? Yes, this scheme does seem Hamiltonian. But how would this damage said "strain" of the nation? Does such a strain exist? What is it? Some of what this article says is kind of weird. "Obama is trying to be Roosevelt. Gingrich is modernizing that". Just a simple couple of sentences, but they don't make sense to me. Strange and interesting article. Gives me a couple ideas...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »

From what I know, Scozzafava was actually generally pro-gun.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

Mr. Morden, could you combine all of these threads into one, Mega "Gingrich Attack Articles by Politico" thread?  This is becoming spam.

^^^^

This.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »

Colonizing the Moon is fun! As for child labor laws, while I'm not in favor of American sweat shops and such, I shall play devil's advocate as usual. For one, it seems people automatically freak and assume that without child labor laws, kids would automatically be forced into said sweat shops. Two, they have prevented kidds from engaging in the marvelous art of capitalism, something I am still restrained from, though not by law as of the moment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies