Right to Life Caucus Organizing Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:10:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Right to Life Caucus Organizing Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Right to Life Caucus Organizing Convention  (Read 10275 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: December 06, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »

X ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 02:43:41 AM »

People are only allowed to officially join one caucus. Though in general, I agree, we obviously should only endorse pro-life candidates.
Eh, I think their should be a higher limit. Shoulda been paying attention during debate. Tongue

Pro-life, no exception. I think we should also list in detail our beliefs. For example, do we want to push legislation at the federal or regional level?

I believe we should treat abortion as a regional issue here in Atlasia. If we pushed pro-life legislation on the federal level there would be the risk that the left majority in the Senate would start to pay attention to this issue and pass legislation that is against our cause.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »

Regarding regional v national... we can address that in part 4 of the convention with platform

For part 2, what is everyones opinion on governance? Do we need a Chair and a Vice Chair? My proposal is we have both

I agree with your proposal. As long as we're a relatively small caucus, a chair and one vice chair should suffice.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »

That's unfortunate. The Act really shouldn't have been passed this way. Why should only members of one party be part of a caucus?

But anyway, I think we could make you an honorary member or something like that if you wish.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »

I'd like to see TJ as our Chair.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 02:49:44 AM »

Great!

You must register in the New Register Thread in order to become an official caucus member, though.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 02:51:08 AM »

You can become an honorary member of the caucus. According to the first draft of the bylaws that TJ has written and which I approve of, you'll have the same rights as ordinary members.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 08:01:16 AM »

With Miles' registration, we've become an officially recognized caucus! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »

Register in the "New Register Thread" and you'll become an official member. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 04:45:44 AM »

Aye
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:04:14 PM »

More than welcome! As an RPP member, all you have to do to join is to register in the "New Register Thread". Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »

Couple of comments. First, I think you spelled euthanasia wrong (or at least, I've never seen it like that). Second, "restricting parental notification" in the second paragraph seems like a typo or poor wording.

Also, I'd love to have something on there about some other issues, like the death penalty, but that might not be the direction people want to go, which is fine. Maybe a reference to cloning?

I would like to include a passage which condemns the death penalty as I believe the right to life should count for everyone but I understand that this issue is very controversial among conservatives and within the anti-abortion community. That's why it might be difficult to find some common ground on the death penalty.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »

Yes- there is a difference between protecting innocent children and protecting serial killers and traitors...

No one wants to protect serial killers or traitors. I think most if not all of us agree that they should be punished hard for their deeds and spend at least a large part of their life in jail (or be there forever). However, from my personal Christian point of view - and I assume there are other Christians in this caucus who share similar sentiments - it does not seem morally right to deprive any human being of his or her life (cases of self-defence or war situations have to be judged from a different point of view, though). Only God should have the power to give and take life, in my opinion.

But as I said, I see that this issue is controversial among conservatives and I don't want the death penalty to become a wedge issue and destroy our common goal to make abortion inaccessible. That's why I suggest we either hold a vote on how we shall treat the death penalty and then move on or don't tackle this issue at all.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »

For the record, I approve of this platform.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:07 PM »

Amendment 1: Aye
Amendment 2: Aye
Amendment 3: Aye
Amendment 4: Aye
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »

All four amendments have passed (5-0, 4-1, 4-1, 3-2). The platform is now ratified.

If anyone else has any business they would like to introduce, you may now do so. If there is none, the convention will be adjourned.

Turnout is not that impressive but I'm glad about the results. Thanks for organizing the convention, TJ!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 05:46:07 AM »

This caucus has my full support.

Where do I sign up?

I don't mean to offend you as I'm happy about every new member we can get but looking at your social political matrix score ... are you sure? Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »

This caucus has my full support.

Where do I sign up?

I don't mean to offend you as I'm happy about every new member we can get but looking at your social political matrix score ... are you sure? Tongue

To give you an idea of how faulty the social PM score is:

Amendment 1: Ayish.  Not sure about the parental notification part but I could get behind the rest of it.  It should be noted that the only reason my social score isn't a negative nine is because of the abortion issue, which I am quite pro-life on.  Probably not as the average social conservative, but I do believe that life is terminated in the process and, if there is any constitutional way to accomplish it, would like to see such procedures greatly reduced.
Amendment 2: Aye, though if a non-harmful method of stem cell research is invented I would be willing to go with that.
Amendment 3: A very slight Aye.  I am suspect to the argument of choice here, but there is too much potential for abuse of system if euthanasia is legalized.  Legal expenses and fees would go through the roof for this type of activity and there would probably be more than a few cases that are taken to court because of possible fraud.  Even in a very well regulated system.  I say just legalize suicide and call it a day.  I mean what're the police going to do if you commit suicide?  Arrest you?
Amendment 4: The strongest "Aye" vote I'll register here.

I take everything back, this caucus is a nearly perfect place for you. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 03:25:51 AM »

I agree that having a Right to Life Party is a bit strange so the name change would be a good idea. I would still like to keep this caucus around, perhaps unofficially if we can't get enough people in the new Conservative Party to make it an official caucus. That way we can retain the statement for life and not to jettison those who are pro-life but not otherwise conservative.

I think so too. Our new party should have a clear conservative focus but at the same time it should obviously focus on more than just the abortion issue.

And if there's enough interest among the non-conservative pro-lifers, we can keep this caucus alive.

And I basically don't care what name our new patry will have. Those who are creative minds, come up with something original! Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 04:29:59 AM »

Clarence has proposed the foundation of the "Whig Party", while Simfan has stepped forward with the "Communitarian Party of Atlasia". I think it would be wise for us conservatives to pursue one of these projects in order to speak with one voice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies