SENATE BILL: Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act (OTPD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:17:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act (OTPD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act (OTPD)  (Read 4022 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: December 06, 2011, 07:27:15 PM »

What you call "non-partisan caucuses" basically sound like parties to me... In which case why bother with caucuses at all?

This is bulls**t.

Don't tell me you never heard of politically-oriented organizations that aren't political parties.

Parties are parties. Caucuses are mostly about single or few issues. What the hell is the problem?

...The problem is that people want them to be registered, appear on a ballot, and be governed exactly like a party. That's what parties are for.

Amen.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »

The only thing I added was the non-partisan caucuses, which your bill did not prohibit.  One has already been "officially" registered; the OAII.  It would be a shame to kill us.  And no, they are not parties because they allow people to unite across party lines.  I go back to the OAII.  It allows southerners, whether they be of the PP, JCP, others, or independents to coordinate, without requiring them to come under a party banner.  I don't understand why that needed compromising.  But I'm not a senator here; if someone wants to sponsor the bill without the relevant sections, there is nothing I can do about it (though a little credit as to who wrote it would be nice Wink).

What use does listing the OAII on the ballot serve?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »

I won't vote for an amendment to the caucus bill that doesn't allow for caucuses to become non-partisan institutions if they so desire. It is a pointless and confusing restriction. Allow for both.

Your persistence makes me want to reconsider retirement.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »

The only thing I added was the non-partisan caucuses, which your bill did not prohibit.  One has already been "officially" registered; the OAII.  It would be a shame to kill us.  And no, they are not parties because they allow people to unite across party lines.  I go back to the OAII.  It allows southerners, whether they be of the PP, JCP, others, or independents to coordinate, without requiring them to come under a party banner.  I don't understand why that needed compromising.  But I'm not a senator here; if someone wants to sponsor the bill without the relevant sections, there is nothing I can do about it (though a little credit as to who wrote it would be nice Wink).

The same use that listing an intra-party caucus serves.

Whichever would be.... ?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »

The same use that listing an intra-party caucus serves.

Whichever would be.... ?
...showing the general public that the candidate is a member of Caucus x, maybe?

But why? (No, not trying to troll you)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 08:08:57 PM »

A couple major points were to create internal divisions among the duopoly and to create natural successor parties for their eventual dissolution.

And it seems to be working out that way thus far. The JCP will probably end up with SD/Labor and Liberal Caucuses. There's also my green ELC, though nobody else has joined it yet (Sad). And the RPP has the more right-wing Right-to-Life caucus, as well as the more moderate/centrist reform-oriented NPL.

Just join the Liberal Caucus. You know you want to. Grin

We are the environmental caucus too!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »

I don't get everything I want either Marokai. Most of my reform bills were shot down by your party, such as VP reform. I still think it is better to have a compromise to settle for than to have nothing at all. I do like to table sh**t.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 10:09:52 PM »

I don't get everything I want either Marokai. Most of my reform bills were shot down by your party, such as VP reform. I still think it is better to have a compromise to settle for than to have nothing at all. I do like to table sh**t.

What VP reform haven't you gotten? Surely you're not referring to the Amendment that was ratified and is now law?

It failed the first time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 05:46:43 PM »

Abstain
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 06:34:18 AM »

I asked no one to vote in any particular way on this bill at all, guys. MOPolitico has done that on his own terms.

Lol
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »

For the record, Marokai in no way directly influenced me to change my vote. I changed my vote because of the section restricting membership of a caucus to members of a single party.

That isn't really a change.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 06:09:54 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies