Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:53:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts 2012  (Read 177798 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: July 07, 2012, 07:25:24 PM »

So Alberta is basically gerrymandered for the dippers, I doubt you could draw a better map for them. BC is obviously very tory friendly now, so that kind of more than cancels out the 2 or 3 new pick-ups that NDP will get in Alberta.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »

So Alberta is basically gerrymandered for the dippers, I doubt you could draw a better map for them. BC is obviously very tory friendly now, so that kind of more than cancels out the 2 or 3 new pick-ups that NDP will get in Alberta.

Uhh, you could easily draw a better map for the NDP:
Isn't that for 2 districts, but the current configuration allows NDP to get 3 seats in Edmonton?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2012, 05:41:07 PM by Senator Seatown »

OK Alberta,
- Red deer, could ahve been split due to growth in the central part of Alberta? could have been a forward-thinking move with the slpit perhaps?
- Lethbridge; this re-draw benefits the NDP in a huge way, the very strong tory polls in the south, all the way to the US are gone, now part of an odd shapped Foothills and Medicine Hat. Its now focused on metro Lethbridge by the looks of it. Still an uphill battle but this would be (should be) in the top 5 NDP targets.
- Edmonton; I like that they went with more urban focused ridings, with only one E-Wetaskiwin being almost all rural with only a sliver of suburban edmonton as a left over. (i count St. Albert-Edmonton as Ed, because the two cities just have grown into each other). E-Greisbach does look like it could be more favourable to the NDP with the addition of Calder and favourable prov. NDP areas. My thoughts are Ray Martin might be tapped out (age and his what 3 recent election losses) the NDP would need a stellar candidate here to win, and probably need the incumbent not to run.
E-Starthcona i think just got stronger for the NDP! its only major change was oddly adding Riverdale from E-East N of the River into it, which voted NDP... I find that odd, and would add it back to E-Greisbach just to keep the river as a natural boundary which i think works in most cases.
E-C basically gets a name change and losses only Meadowlark Park... and the lone NDP poll froim that area.

Looks like for Lethbridge seems to be not as beneficial as you say, the west bank of the river isn't included in the riding, which is the most dipper part of Lethbridge.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9sBXp66G86xOGE5MzdiNTQtNjExNy00ZjcyLTk3MzAtZjZhYjhlNzBiYWIw/edit?hl=en_US
edit: nvm they actually kept the Western Suburb. Somebody wants to explain why is the suburb more-left wing than most of the city?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »

That large orange area is actually an Indian Reserve.
There is a different orange area, the college campus west of Lethbridge
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »

Has anybody done Uniform swing from Tory to NDP swing where they are tied province wide with liberal vote remaining constant in BC? How many more seats do Tories win over NDP?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:15:04 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2012, 11:19:31 PM by Senator Seatown »

Based on this(stole from rabble):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9sBXp66G86xNzc2ODRmOTAtYTQ0MC00NmQxLWIzMGItNTU0NTMxMTM1ODkz/edit?hl=en_US
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9sBXp66G86xY2M2ZjhlZDUtZjA2My00NjJmLWFlMmQtYzY0ODBlZWFlMGFk/edit?hl=en_US
Regina:
2 NDP(unless NDP does as bad as in 2011)
1 Lib
Saskatoon
2 NDP
1 Swing
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »

So Manitoba and SK and AB are good for NDP
BC is good for conservatives
Does anyone know how the Atlantic provinces are shaping up?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »

Earl when can we expect an entry on your blog for the Ontario gerry?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies